Author Topic: I kinda need some dating advice :/  (Read 1317 times)

Offline pickles82

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Your local shaman~!
    • gore-gen
    • View Profile
I kinda need some dating advice :/
« on: February 14, 2016, 02:28:58 am »
Hey guys! So I'm in highschool. I just cant seem to figure out how to get a boyfriend. I have recently gotten out of a 1 year relationship and I'm over it. I look nice every day, I'm kind but I'm always myself but I guess I don't know how to flirt casually without trying too hard so I'm just super nice to the guys. I'm the only one out of my friends (I'm not exaggerating. They either have irl partners or internet partners) There was a guy I had in a bunch of my classes. I thought he was interested in me too until I asked him out and he told me he just saw me as a friend so I guess I misread people as well. Anyone have any tips? I know most of the time dating in high school is pointless but I still just want a partner.  Its not that I want one because my friends have a SO. I want a boyfriend because Im the sort of person that loves being in romantic relationships and I get loenly easily. Of Course I'm 100% aware that most highschool relationships dont work out and the boys arent exactly mature but I still want a boyfriend to cuddle and love on. x//3
I understand most of the time it doesn't work out. I understand they can be immature. Im also a straight A student so it doesn't do anything to my grades
Sig/Icon by me
In-game User: Pickles82

Preach

Re: I kinda need some dating advice :/
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 02:50:20 am »
First off, never get into a relationship that's over the internet. The person behind the computer can be either lying about their age or be some random creep who wants to know everything about you. Of course, you're in highschool and have common sense from right to wrong. I won't stop you from having relationship over the internet (that's if you're interested) but I'm just telling you to be careful. This world is falling apart little by little. Also, the boys today aren't the same back in the 90's (if you know what I mean)...but anyway, everything them is taking things to next level...like...nothing is romantic as before...everything is a quicky.

Keeping this chat PG, I prefer expressing yourself. Never rush into the friendship. Usually, in High school, there's pretty much a good decent number of boys who might like you but are afraid of expressing themselves. Also, tell a friend you trust. I'm sure they would understand and help you throughout the process. I'm no cupid, but it was good that you told the guy you liked him - but also unfortunate he liked you as friend. Don't worry, there's other chances. Trying meeting people outside of school. Join clubs and camps...I'm sure there's boys you'll meet and eventually have feelings for them.

Overall, just: express, share to close friends, and choose wisely. I hope this helps you.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 02:59:11 am by Preach »

Offline pickles82

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Your local shaman~!
    • gore-gen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 02:57:19 am »
Yeah I dont do internet relationships. I've had my fair share and they dont work X3 But thank you, I'll take your advice!
Sig/Icon by me
In-game User: Pickles82

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 10:32:03 pm »
I'm not the best at advice, but I'll tell you everything that may help that I tell others and myself.

I know you already stated you do this, but remember to always be yourself . You want to be able to find someone who likes you for you, not some fake image you make yourself out to be. Many people change when they get into HS because they want guys to like them. That's never a good idea, as it can draw the wrong attention from what they actually want. This leads to bad/toxic relationships, and just isn't good in the long run.
Most high schools are big with a large amount of people, which means many guys. Don't feel discouraged if one out of the bunch doesn't like you or rejects you. As I said, there is plenty. The hardest part is just finding that special someone.
A good way to get to know different guys is by, like Preach said, joining clubs and camps. Of course only join them if they interest you. Another way is by seeing if your friends have any guy friends and getting to know them. Since you'd most likely have mutual friends, it's probably more comfortable than getting to know some random stranger. Or, if there is someone you don't know that intrigues you, find out if you have mutual friends and learn about him from them.
If you want to approach a guy, keep it casual. Start with small talk to figure out his personality. Keep trying and attempt making a friendship. Don't rush into it. In fact, don't rush into any relationships. Start slow. This way you learn more about the person and you can tell if this is someone you want in your life or not. You can also try finding their social media accounts as well, either to add them or stalk them {Not literally, haha. You get what I mean. I'm guilty of profile stalking. Whoops.}
I can't really say much for flirting, as I am the worst at that, but if you grow to like someone, maybe try dropping very small hints and see how they respond.

That's all I really have to say. Sorry that this was kind of all over the place. I wanted to include a bit of advice for everything. Good luck with it, and if you ever need any more advice, feel free to pm me if you wish!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 10:33:49 pm by Tessel »

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.