Author Topic: How do you cheer yourself up when you're sad?  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
How do you cheer yourself up when you're sad?
« on: February 13, 2016, 02:44:27 am »
Ever since last night, and all through today, I've been pretty upset. I'm not gonna explain what's going on. It's not anything seriously bad but it's dragging me down a bit. Because of that, it brings me to wanting to ask this question.
What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're sad?
I just need things that will give me some positivity for now and for future reference, and for anyone else that needs it. (:
My apologies if this thread has been made already.

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.

wolfdog01

Re: How do you cheer yourself up when you're sad?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 02:48:31 am »
Well, what I usually do is vent to close friends or look up inspiring quotes :) Just think about how great it will be when whatever is holding you down will go away ya know? I know another thing that makes me fell better...EDM. I love music, maybe certain songs will make ya feel better ^^

Preach

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 02:50:15 am »
1. Listen to music
2. Watch games of thrones
3. Drink coffee.
4. Go on my phone and watch youtube videos
5. Go on FeralHeart and just chill there
6. Sleep

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 03:35:47 am »
Mentioned previously in the thread but a few things that really has saved me concern, stress or just general sadness many times before is diving yourself into music. Either something that "you" know you really love to listen to or even something more emotional suiting for the moment can also work. It's a bit like an indirect venting, but instead the music does all the work for you. After half an hour or so you will feel better in most of the cases.

It's not always everything is so straight forward however and sleeping I personally find a winner, sometimes you just feel so out of touch with things and simply want nothing to do with anything. Lay down and get yourself a good rest and stay in bed a bit longer if possible it gives you time to reflect on a lot of things, many of these times you find those things that manage to bring you up to a better mood again. Slower process than the one with music but sleep is your friend I'd say.

If those are not your friend, comedy shows or comedians in general that "you" prefer, anything to put a smile on your face. Even though we all have something that made us upset or sad and it could all vary in the severity of the actual case it's still an emotion that we have the power to control if we feel strong enough to do so. Some even like to work away these things by just diving into tasks that keeps our mind busy.

In general, find something that keeps you calm, or something that makes you happy, maybe even something that keeps you occupied and if all prevous fails get some good rest and get ready to tackle it again when you wake up.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 05:23:21 am »
artwork by dehvina

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 05:55:41 am »
On a personal level, I'll either write some music, occupy myself with something that will either reflect or take my thoughts away from something that's bothering me, read a book, do something that cheers other people up, listen to music, watch a video that makes me smile, or eat food. As strange as it may sound, most of the time I try to address what it is that's bothering me, whether it's directly or indirectly. If I'm stressed, feeling a bit down, or just having a bad day, I usually feel better after I've sort of gone over the situation an analytic way and figure out if there's something I can do to fix the situation. If I'm not able to do that, usually distractions or something calming seems to help. Whatever it is that makes you feel calm and happy, those things can usually help, even if it's the smallest bit.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 08:14:01 am »
I actually don't think about what's been going on too much - mainly because this will only bring me down even more and there's the possibility that I'll blame myself for the situation I have been placed in. I usually just watch YouTube, seeing a good time makes me feel happier because it's like I'm there with them, and that can relieve any pain I'm feeling. Other times I just draw my emotions onto a piece of paper, and this helps me get it out of my system.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

AutumnTheWulf

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 09:30:15 am »
Same here Tessel, found out some pretty bad things few moments ago, eh.
Well honestly, I wait for it to end. There's no escaping from it tbh. There's only running away from your feelings and It's better to cry it out. Running away and trying to forget about it won't do much. :c
I like to talk to my friends about it. They make me feel a lot better about the situation. Or a family member.

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 05:00:23 am »
Thanks for all the responses guys. The advice really helped and I do feel better at the moment. I'll definitely come back to this thread whenever I need to. <3

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.