Author Topic: Question out of curiosity...  (Read 1280 times)

Offline deafosho

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • e t e r n a l l y r a d i c a l
    • View Profile
Question out of curiosity...
« on: January 04, 2012, 10:07:33 pm »
When I minimize FeralHeart and start to derp around on the internet for a bit, sometimes and only sometimes when I restore FeralHeart it crashes.
I get the 'FeralHeart.exe has stopped working' message, yadda yadda. However, once it's finished spazzing, I'm completely unable to close it.

The only way I can get it off my taskbar is if I restart my whole computer.

And yes, I've tried the task manager. Doesn't budge. Flat out exiting doesn't do a thing, either.

Out of curiosity does anyone else have this issue? It doesn't really bother me however it's kinda annoying having to restart because of it. xD
Are there things I can do to prevent this from happening? If there isn't anything I can do to prevent it... are there any other ways I can get it off my task bar without having to restart my computer?

Thanks.

|| my map pack ||

Offline vidgames

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Question out of curiosity...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 11:27:44 pm »
It used to happen to me when i first got FH.There really isnt a way to stop it that i know of.Just...dont open a website while your on it.

Offline Silvertail12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Quack o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 01:11:12 am »
you can try not to close the tab. just choose a tab over it but dont minimize it. the best shot i have XD sorry

CrystalSprint

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 01:14:31 am »

Feral-heart probably uses unstable rendering techniques. It is prone to crashing when you do any kind of manipulation that requires the window to reset it's resolution and re trace the objects. It's most likely instability in the programming if more than one person experiences it, and not a driver/ Direct X issue.

Offline deafosho

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • e t e r n a l l y r a d i c a l
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 01:23:12 am »
Hah, thanks for the input guys. I know it must be my issue being FH never crashes at any other time, laggy maps being an exception. ; P

|| my map pack ||