Author Topic: Map Maker Help PLEASE  (Read 829 times)

Offline vidgames

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Map Maker Help PLEASE
« on: June 23, 2012, 01:29:52 am »
I have been trying to make maps ever since I learned how(about around christmas). They are 513x513(I've tried 512x512), greyscale, and png image YET everytime I try to load the terrain (height map) in map maker, FH will crash. I've looked all over the help board and nothing I find seems to help. I just made the most awesome map ever, it took me a long time, and I would really like to fix this problem. PLEASE help me T^T

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Map Maker Help PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 02:30:27 am »
Heightmaps should also be one layer and saved in your Terrains folder or your maps folder (which is located in your terrains folder). Perhaps try copying and pasting the image onto another 513x513 or 512x512 greyscale window and make it one layer then try saving it as a .png.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Re: Map Maker Help PLEASE
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 02:37:51 am »
Are you using GIMP? Be sure you delete the alpha channel bit from the layer-- and make sure there's only ONE layer when you save it. Sometimes map maker will derp a bit if there isn't, even if you saved it as PNG.
This might help: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=18937.0

-ninja'd by Ingredient-