Author Topic: The Path The Devil Dances  (Read 6814 times)

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
The Path The Devil Dances
« on: January 22, 2011, 12:30:07 am »
Hi guys C: This is a story featuring my main char, Omaha. It is based off a role play that happened in IT. Parts of it have been changed for artistic purposes. Starting off with two chapters since they're rather short, then will add another chapter now and then. Hope you guys like~

The Path the Devil Dances by RingoLuver

The Devil, Maybe?

I was the odd ball in the family. More than the oddball, actually, according to my parents. Just weeks after I was born, they deeply believed I was some sort of demon, or possessed by an evil force out of their control. Let me tell you now, I am no such thing. I am just a lion. A lion with the darkest of all hearts and the most evil (and perhaps intelligent) of all minds.
Back to my childhood. My own parents feared me after a month. They tried disciplining me, but I only grew more harsh. They adored my brother, Glam. He was just like them- sort, sweet, and kind-hearted. He even looked like them too- black coat, blue underfur, and light blue eyes. I, on the other hand, inherited some ancient trait of red underfur and dark brown eyes. Though my coat was still black, I looked nothing like them. I'm almost sure they thought I was not their own cub when I was first born.
They always yelled at me, "Why can't you be more like your brother?!" I would always misbehave, wandering off and not listening. Their yelling only made things worse. Eventually I couldn't help but become jealous of Glam, and hateful of my parents. Glam was the 'perfect' one. The 'normal' one.
As I grew older, I went from violent to solitary. I stayed home while they hunted; I hunted while they stayed home. This helped nothing. I hated seeing them together- happy.
Oh, did I forget to mention something? I was born with a different name. I dare not speak it- it reminds me too much of my horrible past. I renamed myself Omaha- my father called me this when he chased me out of the home. It means devil-like creature in... somewhere. I took it as my name because it just fit.
After he chased me off, I swore that was not the last they would see of me. And it wasn't. Only two months later, with my mane half grown in, I invaded. My mother was the first to go. I killed her in one bite; she was completely caught off guard. My father attacked me, and chased me into the forest. But I killed him too. I returned to my old den to see Glam cowering in the corner. I went to end his life, but he was swift, and escaped. To this day I still quest to find and kill him. But then I discovered something else to do.

Strangers

One day, on my quest to find and kill Glam, I found myself in a new land. It was strange- large groups of lions living together, socializing, flirting. It was all so new to me. I'd grown up in a place where only family members lived together. But here, it didn't matter who was who. Everyone talked to everyone else, lived with everyone else.
I approached the land cautiously, staying a safe distance away, lurking in the shadows. I brought myself near a group cliqued together under a large tree. I listened.
     "Yeah, I was watching him hunt the other day. Pretty good," said a female with beige fur.
     "I guess, but he doesn't seem all that friendly. Instead of saying 'hi' he just sort of mumbles," said another with neon orange fur.
     "Maybe he's just shy."
     "Perhaps."
The conversations between all the lions on like this. All of them. Simple, boring, and stupid. Everyone acted like.. flowers! I couldn't stand it any longer and ran to a nearby pond. These lions had no brains. They were so average, so typical. I felt like an outcast. Not that that was a bad thing. I liked being different, seeming smart. What did these lions do with their lives? Eat, sleep, chat? How utterly boring!
Then it came to me. They were practically begging for someone to rule them. And that someone would be me. I would take over their lands, destroy all resistance, and make them all my slaves. It would be a kingdom of darkness, dread, and starvation.
But how would I do this? I did not know. All that I knew was that I would have to take over this world. That was why I was brought here.
So for the next few months, I slowly tried to take over, land by land. The more quiet lands with lower populations were easy to take. I encountered a few significant lions, but they were either killed or ran off. Only a handful joined me, but I told them to guard that specific land. Slowly I grew in power. My name was known. My name was feared. My name was mumbled like a curse under the shadows of the trees. But I found it nearly impossible to take over the highly populated lands, when they all decided to work together to resist me. I realized I could not increase my territory without help. But who to choose? All the others were too weak and normally very stupid. I tried going after a few that where nearly as anti-social as me, but that was the problem. There were so anti-social that they couldn't communicate.
It seemed my attempts at completely taking over were failing. I was becoming depressed and was exhausted. I eventually stopped trying to take over the bigger lands. just kind of hung around in the shadows, glaring at those that came close. No one approached me. I was alone. I thought that it was time to try and find Glam again. I was about to do this until I met someone.

Preview for next: Omaha meets someone. xD
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:32:05 am by Ringo »

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Scylla

Re: The Path The Devil Dances
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 01:15:28 am »
Awww, I like this. Good reading. =D Sad though how he ended up depressed in the shadows.

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 01:54:49 am »
Aw, me likes. :3 Definitely awesome so far. ;) Can't wait to read the next part! 8D

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 02:01:00 am »
Woah, very nice! Can't wait to read the next part. <3

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 03:53:19 am »
Thanks Scylla, Gem, and Sylph C:

Offline Ciath

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 09:41:32 am »
Awesome this far! <3
Kodex in-game.

I share my account with my little sister. She does not use the forums.

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 03:08:26 pm »
Next two 'chapters' yay!

Lingra

It was just a normal day. I was feeling a bit depressed about my loss of power, letting out aggravated sighs and sitting under tree, facing away from the rest of the world. By that time, when people saw me, they no longer feared me or growled; they just kind of ignored me. I was walking around the outskirts of the area, when she came.
She was a beautiful creature, with fur like silver lining and snow white underfur. But at the time, I only thought of her as some passerby. She approached me. I was shocked; she must have been new here.
     "Hi! Can I follow you around?" she asked. Her voice seemed nearly matured, yet had the hint of childhood innocence left in it.
     "No, why would you want to?" I snapped at her, my temper already flaring at the fact that someone was talking to me. She seemed unphased.
     "I don't know, I'm bored."
     "Well then the answer is still no."
     "Why?"
     "Because."
She pouted for a moment.
     "Well can you at least show me how to get to Forest?"
I let out a sigh. What was the harm? There was nothing else to do anyway.
     "Fine. But keep up. If you get lost on the way, I'm not sending out a search party for you," I said, leading her in the right direction. We ran all the way, and she mimicked my pace almost exactly. She never lagged behind. I stopped at the very edge of Forest. "Here," I said, turning away. Instead of running off, she started up conversation.
     "What's your name? Mine's Lingra."
     "Omaha," I muttered, hoping she'd go away. If I kept my identity a mystery, I could see her persisting. She was just that type of lioness, I could tell.
     "Oh! Cool!" she said, then paused. "What happened to your tail? Where's the fluffy part?"
I looked at my tail. It ended like a cat's tail instead of a normal lion's tail. The end was a dark red, stained from blood.
     "Lost it in a battle," I said, flicking it.
     "Did you win?"
     "Of course! I may have lost part of my tail but I certainly won the fight."
     "Wow, you must be strong. Well, I gotta go."
I sighed. Finally. Just as I was about to run off, she called after me.
     "Wait! Omaha!"
     "What?"
     "I'll be seeing you soon."
     "What's that supposed to mean?"
But she didn't answer. She ran off, and I thought I heard faint laughter. I was left alone, confused, frustrated, and interested. What had she meant by that?

Chapter. 4 Guilty

I stood atop a large rock, pacing back and forth. What did she mean by that? I will see her again? How? What? A growl erupted from my throat. And why was I still thinking about it? Why couldn't I just forget about it? I roared and slashed a nearby tree. My claws left a deep mark on the bark.
     "Someone's angry," a voice said behind me. I whipped around, snarling. I hated being snuck up on; it almost never happened.
     "Who goes ther- Oh, it's you," I said, glaring at her. There stood Lingra, sitting below the rock, staring up at me innocently.
     "Yup, it's me. Told you that you'd see me again," she said, flicking her tail and grinning.
     "Yes... you had me quite confused by that statement," I admitted.
     "I know."
     "How did you- never mind," I said, not wanting to confuse myself even more.    "What do you want, anyway?"
     "I just wanted to talk."
     "Well go find someone else to talk to. I'm not much of one."
     "No, the others are boring compared to you. You interest me."
     "Well, you confuse me."
     She giggled and jumped onto the rock with me. I took a step away, but didn't run off or strike her. It was strange. Perhaps I was just in a 'good' mood. Or perhaps... she was trying to trick me! Well I certainly wasn't going to let that happen! I began to snarl, lowering myself into a fighting position. She took a step back and titled her head.
     "What are you doing?" Lingra asked.
     "I'm not falling for your stupid trick!"
     "What trick? What in the world are you talking about?"
     I mumbled something to myself. So she wasn't, then. She was just... weird. Confusing. Different. The same. I could tell she wasn't lying by the look in her gray eyes.
     "Well, anyway," she continued, interrupting my train of thought. "You wanna go hunting with me?"
     "Why would I want to go hunting with you?"
     The lioness suddenly changed, right before my eyes. She was no longer the happy, perky one that had just jumped onto my rock without a care. Her eyes became dark and glazed over. Her head lowered, and she looked at the ground, then back up at me.
     "Oh...okay."
     She leaped down from the rock and began to pad away, her frame lower to the ground. She sulked off towards the east, not looking back. I flicked my tail softly as I watched her go. My own frame lowered slightly as I stared after her. There was a strange feeling in my chest, something I'd never felt before. It felt weird. Was that... guilt? I, Omaha, guilty? It wasn't possible. I'd killed too many, ruined more than enough lives, and had never felt guilty. But here I was, feeling sorry that I'd made some random lioness sad. Some bothersome, confusing lioness.
     "W-wait." The words tumbled out of my mouth. Her stature immediately straightened and she turned around, her eyes bright and hopeful.
     "Yes?"
     "I suppose... going with you would be better than sitting here. Not that I don't have better things to do, mind you. But, er, fine, I'll go."
     She began to giggle and perked right up. "Well, c'mon then!"
     I leaped down from the rock and began to run as she lead the way toward Savannah. Her tail flicked up and down behind her, like a white cat toy. I noticed that I was almost... eager to go hunting with her. I must have been hungry. Yes, that was it.

Preview for next: Lingra and Omaha go hunting, and their bond develops...

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 03:08:41 pm »
And thanks Howl C:

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 07:28:46 pm »
Awesome story so far! ^.^

Offline Ciath

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 08:59:22 pm »
Awesomness!
Kodex in-game.

I share my account with my little sister. She does not use the forums.