Author Topic: Methods of Starting RP in FH  (Read 7305 times)

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
Methods of Starting RP in FH
« on: April 05, 2011, 07:53:29 pm »
I noticed there were a few different ways that people start up rp in FeralHeart and I felt like discussing it. Feel free to share your opinions on the various methods, your favorite, or a method I might have missed.

Advertising: The most common form of RP in FH. This is the typical "COME TO THE CAPE OF WORLDS PORTAL TO JOIN WOLF RP!!!" Mate begging also falls into this category. Although this makes it very easy to find members for a pride or a plot, this method annoys me. I don't know what it is, but something about joining an advertised rp bothers me.

Random Walk-in: This is my personal favorite. This was most common in early IT, and it feels very natural for me. What I mean is, say I have my character sitting by the lake, and someone comes and sits next to me. And the rp just starts- we don't say "hey, wanna rp?" It just happens. It's like being in character all the time. I really like it. It's fun, and when someone else walks in, it can twist and turn plots that once seemed boring and predictable. I wish there were more of these.

Friends Only: I see this is also becoming more common. There are a lot of very illiterate people around, and I completely understand people only wanting to rp with their friends and almost refusing to ever join one without someone they know. I get it, as to avoid those nubby ones. But isn't this rather boring? I like meeting new friends from my random walk-ins. I just don't friend the ones who I didn't like rping with- simple as that.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. Feel free to civilly agree/disagree & discuss.

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
Re: Methods of Starting RP in FH
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 08:00:25 pm »
Both are true, but I think Group RP's start off most RP's. For istance, once you join an RP, you will probably leave the next day promoted with the idea by making one yourself. I think it's a chain of starting RP's.

Random Walk-in doesn't work for me personaly, I rather RP with a friend rather than another player. :3
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Themiles

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 07:39:42 pm »
I wanted to use all my chars as "walk ins" but it only works in like.. 10% of the times. 40% of those times being me not wanting to walk in those *rips of ear, crushes Neck, blood everywhere* rps.
Also, advertisment rps are simply ignored by me.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 08:15:26 pm »
  I like random walk-in RPs. On the forum and game, just helps you meet new people.

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 08:18:28 pm »
I'm actually more of a fan of the friend only roleplays. :p I tend to be shy sometimes, so I don't do random walk-ins or advertisement roleplays. I prefer to roleplay with people that I know will RP the right way. Kind of silly, but true. ^^;

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 08:27:10 pm »
Mate begging shouldn't necessarily be put in with Advertising rps. Mate Beggars range in a lot of ways, but are generally far more annoying. XD

For me, I do all three options - but I'm especially guilty of doing the whole "Are there any [insert species] rps goin' on out there?" Probably because I'm feeling lazy at the time, and just want to find people to rp with right then and there.

Walk-ins are especially fun when you go near dens, and it's filled with the "opposite" species - like if you're a feline, and they're all canines - so they all start going "IT'S A CAT, GET THEM!!11" Some find this annoying, but I find it fun to disarm their anger towards my character, and be the only one in the group not of a certain type. XD
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Liekos

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 11:28:13 am »
I prefer to rp in forums
in-game ones look sorta messy to me
and i like to think of huge paragraphs to say ^^

Offline CadyD16

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Razors for friends. ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 01:35:56 am »
The way my friends and I used to RP, we would indeed advertise (you have to admit it isn't as bad or annoying as mate begging >.<). Unless we have enough friends, and then in that case, strangers who walk in are...specially delt with...Yeah xD me and my friends tend to stick together and try at our best to be at the same level. Being in a RP with different skilled people is sometimes....awkward..? I don't really care for rps in which random people walk in, because that person might not want to rp. I hate it when people drag me into their's against MY will, after all. I suppose I'm a bit of a serious plot girl xD Not to mention a grammer nazi. O.o But really, back on IT, there were tons of takers for advertisements. That's why I liked to do it so much. xD But trust me, I've hated mate-beggers from the very beginning!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 01:40:36 am by CadyD16 »

Azure

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 10:36:26 am »
I often join things that have been advertised, but when i see a roleplay in local i often see if i can do a walk in :3

Mate beggars are annoying. But (kinda off-topic) i never get mates, because the stick to you the first day the next they're gone xD

Offline FangtheDemon

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 12:32:18 pm »
i just find a ramdon rp and kinda "grow" into it X3 i'd find a rp group then start rping,
my steps:

1. walk in and see if they're friendly
2. start rp "growing into" by just sitting next to someone or joining a chat
3. make friends with someone
4. if all went well the rest is easy! just adapt into the chat! ^.\}