Author Topic: Can't Connect To The Server  (Read 1473 times)

Offline mytimeofdying

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Can't Connect To The Server
« on: October 14, 2018, 02:20:52 am »
So today I was on just fine, I logged off to do something with a preset, and now I can't get in. It takes a really long time daying request accepted, sending login and when thats done it says Connection Lost or Failed To Connect. I've restarted and shut down my computer. Is there a way the preset files messed with the game, as I had to get a whole new preset_6 NotePad, in order to get a code ( that didn't even work ). Would that stop the game from loading?

Any way I can resolve this?

« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 02:25:59 am by mytimeofdying »
:3

Calvary

Re: Can't Connect To The Server
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 02:30:31 am »
Hello!

I don't believe the preset would have anything to do with it, but it is likely your internet connection could be poor. Try restarting your router or finding better connection to play! Often times a bad connection can mess with login.

Have you already entered your information into the login page? Have you made sure the login page hasn't refreshed? Let me know!

Offline mytimeofdying

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 02:33:05 am »
Yep! I indeed went onto the login page. My internet is working well, everything online besides FeralHeart, and I have full bars. It also works on my other computer, which is just messed up. I don't know what's going on with this one.

Offline Aico

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Le bleh bleh bleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 02:33:17 am »
Make sure you have the log in page open on the FH website, but I don't think the preset would have anything to do with logging in issues. Could also try running the game as an administrator?

Offline mytimeofdying

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 02:37:02 am »
How would I go about running the game as an administrator? I've never had to do it before, so I'm quite clueless. Normally everything works fine.

and I'm too shy to post anything if anything does ever go wrong. This might help https://imgur.com/a/vSpoIRD
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 02:41:10 am by mytimeofdying »

Calvary

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 02:42:10 am »
Right click on the game icon and there should be a command to run as administrator, and hopefully it might work.

If not, what happened with the preset? I doubt it has anything to do with it, but may as well be sure.

Offline mytimeofdying

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 02:49:51 am »
Well, running it as an Administrator didn't seem to work. Anyways, I normally only make feline presets now because whenever I make manes, they are blocky, and I don't normally put manes on my felines. I had decided to make a dog preset though, and the character had a mane. I made it, and when I put the texture on it it would be blocky in game. I had a friend tell me they had a code to fix it, and when the code didn't do anything to change it because it wasn't even, she sent me a new NotePad to replace it with. I replaced it, and from what I can remember before I messed with preset_6 was the last time I got into FeralHeart.

Hopefully I won't have to reinstall, as I have a lot of stuff I'd have to install again, I don't know how much this old computer can take!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 02:58:01 am by mytimeofdying »

Offline Aico

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Le bleh bleh bleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 02:58:47 am »
Well, running it as an Administrator didn't seem to work. Anyways, I normally only make feline presets now because whenever I make manes, they are blocky, and I don't normally put manes on my felines. I had decided to make a dog preset though, and the character had a mane. I made it, and when I put the texture on it it would be blocky in game. I had a friend tell me they had a code to fix it, and when the code didn't do anything to change it because it wasn't even, she sent me a new NotePad to replace it with. I replaced it, and from what I can remember before I messed with preset_6 was the last time I got into FeralHeart.

Have a look at these links for the manes
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=26062.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzG8umPVFnQ&t=533s

Offline Corssa

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 03:06:49 am »
Have you tried getting the preset and the materiel out of the folder and try re-launching it?

Offline mytimeofdying

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2018, 03:09:59 am »
I don't know what is happening with my game. That doesn't work, it just keeps it the same. I'll need to erase something I think. The preset doesn't matter, I just want to figure out how to make this thingy work! Thanks for the help, I don't know what else to do!

No, I haven't tried taking the preset or material code out. Would I just take that folder out to see if it works?