Author Topic: Godmodders  (Read 2893 times)

Offline InsomniacSam

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Godmodders
« on: May 08, 2012, 01:52:12 am »
OK, so you know that a lot of people like to godmod other people to see how they would react? Well, this one day, I was messing with my winged char at Bonfire when I saw this person named 'BLOODY MARY' godmodding other people. Here's how it goes:

Random horse: *neigh*
BLOODY MARY: KILLS HORSE

See that? Isn't it annoying? People just godmod to annoy people and be a troll. In my opinion, these people just need to find something better to do. I am just sick of it. If you see someone godmod, block them and tell everyone else to block them.If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's the difference between roleplaying and godmodding, with Bloody Mary killing my char, Kiko.

Actual Roleplaying: A shadow flickered around Kiko, and she turned her head and squeaked, "Hello? Who's there?" Suddenly Bloody Mary pounced out of the shadows, unsheathed her dagger and stabbed Kiko in the ribs. Soon after, Bloody Mary walked back into the shadows, leaving her victim to bleed to death.

Godmodding: KILLS KIKO

Comment if you have seen BLOODY MARY before.
(BLOODY MARY, if you are reading this, I want you to stop being such a troll and do something that won't make people hate you.)

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
Re: Godmodders
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 03:38:26 am »
Lolz, if seen too many god modders at times *kills le cookie* B|

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 11:54:47 am »
 I think this is the 9346803498503th thread about people hating Godmoders.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 01:51:29 pm »
I don't even think this is a thread about godmodders, the way it is written, it seems more like an attack on this person "BLOODY MARY" than a rant about godmodders.

Comment if you have seen BLOODY MARY before.
(BLOODY MARY, if you are reading this, I want you to stop being such a troll and do something that won't make people hate you.)

As proven in this part of the post.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline InsomniacSam

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 03:06:54 pm »
I know, but it's [sort of] an example.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 01:32:06 am »
They're just as bad as the godmoder/troll for making this thread. I'm pretty sure it's also some kind of bullying/public humiliation.

PolarisStar

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 05:55:37 pm »
how do you die in feral heart anyways?

CloudFish

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 08:36:55 pm »
..You don't.

Offline Aval0n

• Curious Wanderer
  • Noot noot~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 09:33:15 pm »
While I am all with you on this, I feel the need to add something. Godmoding is actually something that I see near every time I get onto Feral Heart. To define godmoding instead of giving an example, I'll take a direct quote from this wonderful topic started by Alexander Hamilton. Topic link is here http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=3722.0

1) Godmoding. This involves controlling others' characters. Auto-hitting is a common example of this; you can have your character attack another character, but you cannot determine whether the strike lands and how much damage is done.  Controlling another character's reaction to your own character is also considered godmoding; you cannot say that every male in the room is attracted to your girl, for instance.  Mind control as a character ability is very often a recipe for 'legal' godmoding; personally I recommend disallowing mind control as a power in a roleplay, unless there are serious limitations.

See the part about determining if the strike lands and how much damage it does? I see that every single time I roleplay. Honestly, this is why I lost my drive for roleplaying, and I wish that people would quit it too. Because of this I tend to try and advertise the thread linked above, for it really can do some miracles.
In-game username: Aval0n