Author Topic: What do you think the game would be like with life bars and attacks?  (Read 13828 times)

Offline ameliaparcel

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • V is for Vendeta
    • View Profile
    • My Art
I've been looking at these other games, and I thought, "It'd be cool if we could do that in FH."

Like if we had a limited life span kinda similar to Minecraft. XD When we die, we just respawn. Less arguing over who won the fight. BUT of course there would be issues of people killing each someone else randomly and that could be a serious issue. BUT the solution could be, in order to initiate combat, the person has to accept a request. Like a friend request. XD

But that kind of programming could take ages.

Attacks could be bites, claws left and right, jumping onto each other, knocking an opponent over. All sorts of creative stuff.

But again. That kinda work to make it possible would take some dedication to the game. What do you think?

(sorry if I'm giving some one out there a very big head ache) XD

Through twists and turns in our story. Through the sticks and stones, my friend. I'll stand by your side in this battle. Even to our bloody end.

Offline RememberTheName

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think the game would be like with life bars and attacks?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 07:49:24 am »
That would be awesome, but sadly take a lot of time, and as you said dedication. I love your idea of having to accept a request to battle. Would take ages to program, but the outcome would be worth it. Haha, but we should always be happy about the Feral-Heart we have now, it is an amazing and fun game. :3 Mabey in the future ideas like this will become a reality.
Well... That happened.

Offline ameliaparcel

• Curious Wanderer
  • V is for Vendeta
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 07:58:40 am »
Yeah FH is still my favorite game. No matter what. XD

Through twists and turns in our story. Through the sticks and stones, my friend. I'll stand by your side in this battle. Even to our bloody end.

Offline Asgard

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I am burdened with glorious purpose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 08:41:17 am »
It sounds like an awesome idea. 8D Something like that and hunting, etc, would make FH even funner than it is now. :3

Signature by yours truly, please do not take

Mostly seen on: Sam Winchester and Starscream

Mostly at: Ascension Island, Ficho Tunnel and Bonfire Island

Vagrant

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 04:20:22 pm »
Im not much of a fighter, so it wouldn't be of much use to me, but I do think it would be a good idea.

Mostly, because it would put to end any power players or people who try to kill with one swipe. That type of playing always gets my jimmies rustled :I

Offline Stormfrontier

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Geronimo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 07:19:22 pm »
I'd really like that~ Though you're right about programming. Maybe there could be a group of dedicated FH players who learn to code and mesh that sort of thing? I'm procrastinating learning how to mesh stuff, but if I felt that I could do this sort of stuff for the FH community I'd knuckle down to it

Offline Kaharu

• Curious Wanderer
    • assrat
    • K4H4RU
    • socksfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 10:36:00 am »
For starters, the game would have some serious lag issues. The server is already struggling as it is, and if attacking and health-bars were to be introduced, the game would possibly have to limit the amount of online players to a very few people to decrease lag for other players.

Unlike Impressive Title, FeralHeart has removed the whole concept of dropping items from prey because the game developers intended to make the game more friendly and encourage the players to roleplay, as stated on the home page on the FeralHeart website.

Also it would take at least a good number of months to program everything ingame, as you had said. Even though the whole concept of fighting and health-bars like many other games is very good, programming it into a game such as FeralHeart would be near-impossible.

Offline lupe123111

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 05:22:27 am »
It sounds cool, but like most of the people above are saying, it would cause the game to be laggy. Plus, it's a RolePlaying game, not a deathmatch. Because chances are, most people would start using it to just fight other people, and forget about the rp.

Offline meowool

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 07:42:20 am »
They have said that hunting will be implemented. But you wouldn't be able to code for it, as only Kovu can do that. The only reason why the server is struggling is because everyone is either on bonfire or Flourite, if there were more maps but smaller replacing Flourite, they'd be a lot less lag. On IT there wasn't any lag. (well apart from default...)

Offline Kaharu

• Curious Wanderer
    • assrat
    • K4H4RU
    • socksfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 11:25:52 am »
It sounds cool, but like most of the people above are saying, it would cause the game to be laggy. Plus, it's a RolePlaying game, not a deathmatch. Because chances are, most people would start using it to just fight other people, and forget about the rp.

You raise some good points there...FeralHeart is originally and probably always will be a roleplaying game. I'm sure there's plenty of other games out there that does have the life-bars and everything though.