Author Topic: Activity status  (Read 1776 times)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Activity status
« on: December 02, 2012, 11:34:50 am »
I just had another amazing idea!
What if we had a function, like in MSN or Skype, where we could change our status as being AFK or Busy, something along those lines. I know some people try to signal that they're not doing anything in FH at the time by curling up and looking like they're asleep but sometimes that doesn't work because people might interpret it as part of role-play.
But if you could have different statuses(sp?) we could have something like a hourglass icon above our heads or next to our nametags.
Thoughts?

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
Re: Activity status
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 12:35:36 pm »
I remember someone made a topic about this idea about a month ago, and we were all in support. ~
I like this idea, and it'd be useful if people want to talk to you - and it can show you if you're available/unavailable.

What I suggested was that their name tags would be a different shade of colour, like grey for afk and the default gold colour for non-afk.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 01:54:06 am »
I just had another amazing idea!
What if we had a function, like in MSN or Skype, where we could change our status as being AFK or Busy, something along those lines.

My only worry is that if this function is to work correctly or not, or if it is possible. The way you mentioned in this part of your post sounds too general (not specific on how it would work; Yes, I know you explained it sort of, but there's many ways you could do this.) to me. Question for you is: How do you think it'd work? Would it work like as if somebody whispered you and it said "{Username} is set to AFK and your message may not be seen by them later on." or would it be like Zaro's suggestion? Well, excuse me.. I didn't see the bottom of your post XD. Creative suggestion in shorter words, but possibility? I don't know
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 01:57:00 am by SilverTW »

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline silver_wolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 04:41:42 pm »
I like this idea. I also think it would be useful if the status would change itself to afk automatically if the player has been inactive for a certain length of time... say, 5 minutes or so.

Offline antherax

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 04:45:30 pm »
I like your idea. It think it should also have, "Last visit 8 days ago." Something like that.
dead account

Offline Tension

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • \ m /
    • View Profile
    • ART
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 09:43:15 pm »
i also support!
for example, i used to play a game called bittybay and there were commands you could use to put a little green button on your avatar that said 'afk' (/afk), or a little blue one that said 'brb' (/brb). they would vanish if you either used the command again, or moved onto a different spot. additionally, the green 'afk' would also appear on its own if you were inactive (as in, unmoving) for a specific amount of time, e.g. 5, 10 minutes.

i do think it would be possible, however like all other ideas, we must wait for our dearest creator to return to us. u w u
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 09:50:55 pm by TENSION »

? UN: TENSION ?