Author Topic: For those who are annoyed at howling/roar  (Read 9003 times)

Twiliac

Re: For those who are annoyed at howling/roar
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 08:51:35 am »
The Roaring/Howling is annoying, because they keep doing it over and over again. Try listening to that, it will grate on your nerves and quickly.

But anyway, I won't be turning off my sound to the game, because. Well, I like hearing the sounds in the game, other wise it gets pretty dull and quickly.

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 11:06:33 am »
i found a sorta better sounding howl XD
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 06:27:45 pm »
I do find the constant howling and roaring annoying. Honestly I really need to know why it is so entertaining to howl 50 times in a row with a group of like 10 people. And no, I will not turn my game sound off because I enjoy the running and walking sounds and other noises in the game. Hey, I never asked for a howl ;) And ooh, that's a good idea red |D Might do that later today.

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 03:13:42 am »
Eeet be gewd idea. Works vereh wells for meh atleast
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 03:20:52 am »
i could link diff howls that i think would fit better if you want, and it might work if you replace the howl on FH, but im kinda scared to try it because of i have a bad history with FH XD
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

kerneleye

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 06:17:29 am »
I know! I so back up your opinion...You wanted it and you got it and now you complain for it JUST MUTE this is so unmature. Kerneleye

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 06:24:10 am »
Note that some never asked for it, and that some still like to hear the other sounds in the game. For those who did though, they need to think about the consequences xD.

I myself didn't have anything against those actions, but before we got them, I thought about how they "should" work. And that it should've had some sort of system that allows just a certain amount of those actions within a certain amount of time to prevent the worst spam.

Lets say max 3 howls/roars in the matter of 40 seconds.
Or another version
If you use the action more than 5 times in the matter of 1 minute, your action doesn't work for the next 5 minutes?

This would prevent a lot of spams of the action, and people would still be able to use it more than once.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Aragami

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Aragami - God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 08:16:59 am »
Well, its mainly the howl people were complaining about, the roar is just fine -_-'.. When I play a male wolf, its weird hearing a high pitched howl come from it, it's like your wolf isn't even close to a male at all.. Its better to just find a nice soothing lowish howl, what some people would probablly like is a howl/roar adjusting system in character creator.. Warrior cats roaring, puppies with a big howl? Looks kind of funky xD..

No I am NOT complaining, just saying..
New name from Deathscar23 to Aragami!

Offline Aval0n

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Noot noot~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 01:38:03 am »
I agree with DeathscarandCandycane and Red, it would be nice to be able to customize the pitch of your character's howl or roar and to make a limit avoid spam is good too.

As for the complaining itself, I would prefer to have the spam everywhere in IT rather than to hear people whining about it in general chats. It is annoying that some of the people who wanted it so badly are making a big deal about other people enjoying what they are kindly given.
In-game username: Aval0n

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 01:43:51 am »
As written before. Most will probably loose interest with time.

I do understand if some find it annoying. If you do spend quite some time in the game, the howling/roar gets really derrp xd. Sure you can turn off the sound in the game, but then you wouldn't hear anything else at all.

But it is true, it is somewhat funny that some people want this howl/roar, get it, and then don't want it.

Lets just hope it will tone down though, cause the amount right now when playing in a public map is out of question way too much.

I personally find the overuse of howl extremely annoying right now, and I'm not lying when I say that there's probably max 2 seconds breaks at most in bonfire before hearing 1 or more howls again.

I did something about it though that would please me, and I'm sure anyone could do this.

Find the "howl1" sound inside the sounds folder.

Open it up with any audio editing/recording software

Change the sound level to nothing at all, and save the sound clip with the same name.

Next time  when you run FH, it will play a sound with no sound xD.

Works like a charm.

I'm not sure if you even need the mp3 at all. But I did this instead of removing it since I thought it might give you some error about a missing file or crash everytime someone used the action.

Overall, give it some time and let people get bored of it. If that doesn't happen, you can always do what's mentioned above.

.... -goes to edit the howl file- 8D