Author Topic: Arkanis's Character Gallery  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
Arkanis's Character Gallery
« on: July 26, 2013, 01:35:11 am »

((You can also find more of my works here: http://arkanis-void.deviantart.com/gallery/))

I was browsing a bit through fh and saw that many people had art galleries of there own up here. So I thought, what e hell, why not show some of my own? And thus the creation of this thread was born.

NOTE: These are my own original characters and designs! I do not use others works as my own and I hope everyone will show the same respect for artists and refrain from claiming my work. I mean really, who does that?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paradox - One tailed

This is one of my few good digital art pieces i made in gimp. If you dont know about this character, its one of my two symbolic fursonas i guess you could call them and I actually have a thread with his vast description in the character contest section. Paradox represents the fears, sadness and pain i've felt accumulated throughout the years. The right column is a list of words in Japanese kanji I associate with him and the left top is a latin translation (the language he speaks in) of the bottom portion. I never see him as true evil though, since every harmful deed has a chain of history that triggered it.

Arkanis

Similar to Paradox, Arkanis is the other half of my character but stands for the opposite. Happiness, justice and tranquility. I'm a bit hesitant to elaborate on the origins of these two because of my situation at the time, but both creatures came out of a dream/nightmare. On his foreleg are the kanji for the words, "Dream" and "Illusion". Paradox also has similar markings that say "Nightmare" and "Reality", but are invisible to most.

Paradox - Nine tailed fox

The actual form of Paradox. I mainly use this form only in rps though.

Tao - Wolf Clone Experiment

History: After Kage's actual son had passed during a fight with Paradox, he sought after something to replace a burning pain that was in him. When visiting the site of his son's death, he collected a sample of blood that was from the demon's imprisioner and began research to get his revenge on the creature. Near the end of his research, he found a willing participant for his experiment, a lone albino wolf pup who stumbled upon his path. At such a young age, he looked up blindly to Kage as a father figure, believing he underwent the experiment to cure a fake illness he had. In the experiment, he gained a human form as well as some fierce abilities. For most of his childhood, he was force to spend his days training and fighting so his 'father' could exact his revenge, though he was care for as if he was his own child. When the time came for Tao to fulfill his destiny to kill paradox, the two fought brutally, though the wolf was the one who had a near death experience. His right foreleg was severed from his body and the once innocent pup was left out in the winter's cloak alone. The wolf has recovered from that gruesome fight on his own and refuses to follow under anyone's shadow since, though he still will crawl back to Kage out of loneliness and desperation.

Slaterift - Main Warrior Cats OC

Slaterift is usually what warrior I was in warrior rps. I hadn't really thougt about what he looked like or his past until now. I'll provide a bit of bio.
     He was born into Evanescent Clan (One of my made up clans), a band of rogue. exiled or former kittypet cats that inhabit the dangerous streets of the twolegs. He was son to the leader, Ravagedstar and a kittypet named Myska. He was the runt of a litter of nine and was nicknamed crow since his siblings always teased her would be crowfood in his condition. Since he wasn't full clan blood, his father shunned him for much of his life, leaving his mother to look after him. Though the two legged owners refused to want to keep the liter of kittens, so when they were around apprentice age, they were taken to a pound. All of his siblings were adopted by new owners quickly, except for him. Because he was the runt of the litter and had a broken back leg, no one had the patience or kindness to care for the weak cat. On the day he was supposed to be put the rest, he luckily escaped the two legs's clutches and roamed around the city, looking for a haven of escape. Particularly, his father's clan. When he had found him, he was informed by his father himself that he was too weak to be apart of their clan and was chased out of the boundaries. The young cat then began his life in solidarity, escaping to the forest. He had to teach himself all the skills that warriors would be taught by trial and error. When he became fairly akin to the life as a rogue, a stranger approached his path and quickly pinned him down, thinking he was a clan cat. After talking, Crow learned about the she cat grey Persian, Havenfeather and that she was a loner like him, banished from her clan. The two quickly became well acquainted and soon set out to make there own clan that would take in all cats like them and would bring peace among the clans. They would come themselves AstralClan and told all outsiders that they were the real StarClan that would guide all cats to peace, through destruction of all other clans. Havenfeather came to be known as Havenstar and Crow was deemed the first part of his name referring to starting with a clean slate and rift to remind him of the pain he had gone through that others would feel if he couldn't unite them all under AstralClan, all cats would stay in the boundless rift of hatred and war.

Sagewind and Galewhisper

Can chu feel the love tonight? x3 Two more kittehs. Sagewind is the her clan leader's eldest daughter and medicine cat. Galewhisper was a kittypet the clan took in a long time ago after finding him stranded alone in the forest at a young age.

Tsukiyomi

Azilym

Chezyre

Mordred

« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:37:37 am by Arkanis Void »

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline Shahiid

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART: LadyFromEast
Re: Arkanis's Character Gallery
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 05:23:23 am »
I like your traditional artworks due to the colouring and shading! They are very nice (: The digital ones are quite nice aswell, you have the proportions about right, but they could use a bit of work yuo have put into the traditional drawings of yours - either making them more fluffy via drawing lines on fur or changing the type of shading (gradients don't work too well).
You're doing well, keep up your nice work (:
Username in FH: LadyFromEast

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 05:53:29 am »
you have the proportions about right, but they could use a bit of work yuo have put into the traditional drawings of yours - either making them more fluffy via drawing lines on fur or changing the type of shading (gradients don't work too well).

Thanks :) And I know the digital ones aren't that great. One is because I have to used the mouse which makes the characters look strange when i try to add fur (I dont have a tablet like everyone else) and two, im just not that experienced at it yet. And I don't use gradients, I use the dodge and burn tools in gimps to brighten or darken a part of the image. I know i need to find a better way to shade. I'll figure it out eventually, but thanks for the advice :D

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 05:59:32 am »
Your artwork is well done here, Arkanis. My personal favorite would have to be the way you did the Nine-tailed fox. Quite traditional. Keep up the good work for I'll be happy to see more from you in the future.
gone

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 09:38:49 am »
Very creative, I love all of em, How you shade and do stuffs are well done, I also like your digital artworks and tradiotional ones~

Signature by Sophie-Feathersong on dA

Find me ingame as ^Blurryface^

Offline Sheka

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Billie Joe Armstrong is my hero <3
    • refugee97.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 06:26:46 pm »
Ooh, I like your style! Especially in Arkanis, the eyes on that wolf are INTENSE!  :o

Nice work!

In-game Username: Sheka
Characters: Sheka, Refugee, Renegade and Deirdre
My deviantART: refugee97.deviantart.com
Signautre (C) JimMoriarty