Author Topic: What exactly makes this game so irresistible to you?  (Read 3694 times)

Offline Crowtesque

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Self proclaimed tech guru and horrid roleplayer.
    • Crowibal
    • crowibal
    • crowibal
    • View Profile
Re: What exactly makes this game so irresistible to you?
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 11:22:49 am »
I personally believe why I love this game so much is just because I grew up playing it, from the time I was a wee small playing this game too the point of now. Over time i've roleplayed, made friends, made enemies, been in and out of drama and taking a 2 year break from the game and honestly. I missed the game a lot and now I'm glad I can be back.

I believe most of the reason so many people find it irresistible is just for the plain and simple fact its so easy to play and get along with people, like it's easy to get into a roleplay, or even just talk to the person next to you and have a wonderful conversation with them. It just the fact that it's so easy and the community is so friendly, (well most of the time :^)) But that's why I believe so many people love and will always want to play this game, just for that reason alone, that it's so easy to make a friend.

Art by me

PocketMutt

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 03:31:43 am »
Force of habit. At least, at this point anyway.
Initially, though I think what drew the most people in was the character creation. For people that could draw it was a good way to generate new character ideas which in turn made them want to draw more. For people that couldn't draw it was a way to actualize characters that they didn't really have a way of expressing up until that point. It's a creative cycle that is supported by interacting with other players, whether it be roleplaying or just chatting. You become associated with and attached to your characters. In that sense, there's a lot of connections we make by playing. It's no wonder that a lot of us find it hard to completely cut off our attachments to this game.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 217
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2018, 04:41:59 pm »
Honestly, solely for the creation aspect.

I'm a very creative person and FH is the perfect place for me personally to fuel that creation. I love animals (especially wolves) and being able to create my own maps, an actual map that my character that I created can run around in, is particularly amazing to me. I can even share those maps and with friends! Not to mention adding my own vision of what my character looks like onto a model that I can play with and share with friends is pretty cool. I was never one for RPing, but, FH really pulled that skill out of me and I found that I really enjoy RPing. To me, it feels like I'm writing a never ending book that could go anywhere I want to take it. FH has given me the opportunity to create these amazing characters that I've developed, grown up with, created their backstories and fallen in love with, not to mention other people's characters that I've enjoyed greatly and laughed with x)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 04:45:07 pm by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2018, 08:52:41 pm »
Not to mention adding my own vision of what my character looks like onto a model that I can play with and share with friends is pretty cool. I was never one for RPing, but, FH really pulled that skill out of me and I found that I really enjoy RPing. To me, it feels like I'm writing a never ending book that could go anywhere I want to take it. FH has given me the opportunity to create these amazing characters that I've developed, grown up with, created their backstories and fallen in love with, not to mention other people's characters that I've enjoyed greatly and laughed with x)

I couldn't have said it better myself. +floof

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 217
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2018, 04:03:06 am »
I couldn't have said it better myself. +floof

Oh, why thank you! I'm glad I could match your thoughts so well x)

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Novako

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Dig Through the Ditches, Burn Through the Witches
    • Kryxark
    • Dracokreig
    • Dracokreig
    • akumawarbeast
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2018, 11:58:12 pm »
I play this game because I enjoy being able to create my own animal. A lot of nostalgia is attached to this game of me and my girlfriend, Morqque. Meeting new potential friends is always nice too.
-Dracokreig

Offline SpazPaint

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2018, 02:18:46 am »
One word: Nostalgia

I first played this game in 2013-2014(-ish?) and I was hooked. I met some cool people, loved making my own characters, and exploring the world.

Unfortunately, my old laptop crapped out and I couldn't play the game anymore. I didn't get back into the game until recently. I logged back into this  account a few months ago. Of course, because I was gone for so long, most of the people I played with have long since quit. But I love logging in to relive the memories and fun I had all those years ago.

Offline spicy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • "Such doge, much wow,"
    • OverlyReactive.deviantart.com
    • spicychicken
    • View Profile
    • dA + Contact
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2018, 05:39:46 am »
A very good topic indeed. Those words have arisen new questions within my mind which I've failed to answer myself. Being here since 2012, many friends have been gained and lost along the way. Even after a year of no internet what so ever, something still drags me back to this game like a big magnet. Whether it be nostalgia or just plain force of habit. Everday after school, I could be found sitting at my laptop playing Feralheart.

Before the infamous hacking of Feralheart, I was within a pack.. This pack was dubbed 'Phantom Menaces'. They brought me joy, making me feel happy despite going through hard times in school. I had them by my side to cheer me up. I still await the day for the Alpha's to return and remake the group but.. It has yet to come. Maybe that is the reason why I continue to get on? Hoping they'll return.

Anyhow, I don't think I could ever quit playing this game without a whole lot of effort. It may affect my life, keeping me up way past midnight or distracting me from school but.. I still could not let this game go. Not yet.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 05:41:19 am by spicy »
Find me as 'spicychicken' in-game. c: