Author Topic: Connection Lost more than once  (Read 850 times)

Offline whitefang1997

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Connection Lost more than once
« on: September 28, 2012, 12:25:21 pm »
So, since I couldn't log in earlier due to the change in numbers allowed on each map(something like that, either way I knew the reason), I decided to get online in the earlier hours of the day just to check that I could in fact log, connect properly, etc. It worked, but about 15-20 minutes later the box that says 'reconnecting' showed up and, of course, soon after it said 'Failure to connect to map server. Retry?' So I hit cancel, logged back in, got my character and went back to the map. About.. I dunno, like 15 minutes later it did it again. The first time I suspected my wifi had died or something, but this wasn't the case(I went and checked, it had a full charge and was working as it should). Nor was it the case for the second, third, or fourth time. So I checked the map numbers, and mind you the map I'm on only has seven people on it, so that obviously wasn't the problem.

These are the only reasons I could think of as to why it continues to lose connection, but does anyone else have any other ideas, a way to fix this, and/or is/was having this same problem?

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Connection Lost more than once
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 12:35:06 pm »
If I understand this correctly, you were logged in - lost connection and had issues logging back in?
Or is it the fact that you keep loosing connection whilst inside of the game?

If if gives you issues logging in - just keep trying, to be honest. It may take a while due to map numbers but you'll get in eventually.

Then again, if you keep loosing connection.. It could be your internet/wifi dying for a brief second and then starting itself up. Mine does that at times. If I were you, I'd try giving your router a reboot and see if it runs smoother.
RETIRED.

Offline whitefang1997

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 12:40:47 pm »
If I understand this correctly, you were logged in - lost connection and had issues logging back in?
Or is it the fact that you keep loosing connection whilst inside of the game?

If if gives you issues logging in - just keep trying, to be honest. It may take a while due to map numbers but you'll get in eventually.

Then again, if you keep loosing connection.. It could be your internet/wifi dying for a brief second and then starting itself up. Mine does that at times. If I were you, I'd try giving your router a reboot and see if it runs smoother.

Yeah, it was the second one. I went ahead and tried rebooting the wifi, and so far I haven't lost connection and hopefully it doesn't anymore. Thanks for helping/replying so fast!

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 01:01:43 pm »
Yeah, it was the second one. I went ahead and tried rebooting the wifi, and so far I haven't lost connection and hopefully it doesn't anymore. Thanks for helping/replying so fast!

Happy to see things working properly for you again.

No problem, no problem at all. :)

Tasslet out! Cya in-game.
RETIRED.