Author Topic: Why do people hate 'neons' and unrealistic characters?  (Read 5143 times)

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
Re: Why do people hate 'neons' and unrealistic characters?
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 08:33:38 am »
My opinion is that people see them as 'Trolls', Due to the fact that 'Trollies' are normally the 'Sparkle mutts' Or 'Sparklers' that people hate due to the fact that they think they are 'Newbies' ect. I don' t mind some unrealistic characters its just when your character is like this:

I mean, That is like, Eye killing mannnn.... Anyways, My point is, Them type of chara's are annoying like hell. That's why they get verbally abused.

Avatar by Atrociious | Signature by Scottishy

Offline Kona

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 01:36:21 pm »
Other than the fact the colors can be a bit painful on the eyes, I don't see anything wrong with it. :3

Signature by ISeeYou/GoldRadium

Offline Runzi333

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 10:54:01 pm »
I have a husky character that I recently made on here and the first thing that anyone said to me was "ow my eyes get out of here neon dog" as i walked by a group of them. I don't even know you! gah!(mavis is my husky I made her to be colorful because all of my other characters are normal colors, she's neon green and dark purple)

I think that even if you don't like them don't complain, they aren't bothering you other than being colorful. and if the game were trying to be realistic it wouldn't have the colors there to choose and you couldn't have wings.

I think it's rude to talk in a mean spirited way of anyone's character. You have no right to give people a hard time because they like bright colors.

I know most people here are being nice about it but a lot of people just aren't in game. :/
Runzi: If it lights up and/or makes noise IT'S MINE :P

Offline Prinprinkley

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 08:00:34 pm »
^ Floof for you since I agree. As for most of other responses, thank you, it was interesting to get some answers, though I'm still not sure exactly how neon colors can hurt people's eyes, but that's just me :/
~Root

Download so you can see my character in game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy8ya5erz7oaujl/Prinprinkley_9.fhp

Offline Wildfang1

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 07:00:15 pm »
I like color combinations, and my preference is to usually use a dark color to even out the brightness of it. Except one of my lionesses is a bright red, with yellow markings. -__- I may darken her before I unleash her in Feral Heart.
I have no problem with 'Neon' animals, let the person have their fun, if the colors start to bother my eyes I just move to where I can't see them anymore.

Offline cookiepoo123

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 11:33:30 pm »
i will just say it everyone who hates neons......you are all a**holes that can go to hell srsly OH THEY HAVE BRIGHT COLLOR THAT HURT PEOPLES EYES yeah well the screan and the map itself has birght a** collors srsly >.> i don't like making my wolves bright collors because well i just don't like the way it looks ..but that does not mean people have to be haters and say they are unrealistic WHO CARES lions would kill wolves and yet you see people walking around in a *realistic rp* with a lion on some wild adventure or something and then you see a neon and you are like OMG THEY SO GAAYYY <i hope i don't affend anyone but ...i don't care about you sooooo ........>

Offline ~Sorowsong~

• Curious Wanderer
  • Never go anywhere with out the internet~MiniHacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 02:16:24 am »
Aww, it makes me sad that people hate on neons so much. Yes, some of them are 'illiterate' and 'trolls' but not all of them! There are people with realistic characters that are 'trolls' and 'illiterate' too! I have 2 neon chars, Plutonium aka Pluto, who is a darker blue with neon green spotted hyena markings with seafoam underfur and purple back mane and above/below eyes. I also have Uranium, aka Uri, who is reddish with black stripes and a lighter red underbelly. Maybe you will see them in-game! But I am not a troll and i'm not illiterate. I have met some really great and nice neons! So in other words, don't judge a book by it's cover! ^^
"You wish to fight me, but you do not know the cost. The cost is your life. For it will be you who falls beneath my paws, to never rise again." ~By, me~  -In game: ~Sorowsong~-

Offline itsukoii

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "I'll show you a sight you've never seen before."
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 03:18:09 pm »
A lot of people seem to complain it 'hurts their eyes'. I don't believe that. It's a character, and if we have the freedom to make what we want, why not?

I, though I don't hate on neons, I don't adore them, either. But still, it's what people want. Usually, people who do seem to go on neons and such are the ones who like to troll. Sure, some people may have a neon fursona/character, but often it's for trolling purposes, and to get people's attention.

Still, it's what people prefer. I don't mind them, actually.

Offline Microfloof

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Love lights more fire than hate extinguishes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 03:22:55 pm »
I don't hate unrealistic characters or 'neons' it is just my preferences. For me, I just prefer natural colors like brown, white, grey, etc. But people should not be served hate just because their characters have bright colors. It's just sick. It doesn't matter what color they are.

Skypeeez: DelightfulRippedSofa
View my deviantART or submit a help ticket!