Author Topic: Mate Centers in Bonfire  (Read 3270 times)

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Mate Centers in Bonfire
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 05:40:28 pm »
I personally don't like Mate Centers, but I honestly don't mind them lurking around Bonfire; the younger players seem to absolutely love them. Whilst a mate gained from character development and roleplay is longer-lasting and more rewarding, I think the people there aren't looking for anything substantial; they're just after a lil' bit of fun. Not that it validates the behaviour- I've blocked many mate centers for spam alone. :D

Heck, when I'm killing time, I sometimes create a stereotypical black wolf and have a light-hearted bit of fun whilst waiting for friends to pop online. It's entertaining to see him swarmed, though I try not to hurt anyone's feelings by accepting/declining mate requests!

Offline Azorukon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • YEET YEET
    • Azorukonn
    • View Profile
    • FA
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 06:26:08 pm »
ive only gone to mate centers a few times just for fun or because i was bored xD but other than that they can get pretty annoying and it causes so much lag in bonfire when theres so many people crowded in the middle like that. overall though i dont mind them to much... i dont go to bonfire often anyways.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 06:50:14 pm »
I'm not really bothered by the Mate Center of Bonfire. I'll sometimes sit on a rock just to listen in on what's going on there. I'll sometimes hear trolls outside the Mate Center saying mean things about it or the people who go to them.

I've seen some players act really rude toward Mate Centers in other maps. I once saw a Mate Center come to the cliff of Cape of Distant Worlds. She sat herself down close to the cliff and started saying "MATE CENTER NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS!" Some of the players around the cliff formed a mob and started saying mean things to her to run her off. They kept saying things like "Go away Mate Center! You not welcome here!" or "Go to Bonfire where you belong!" and "Go away! You will make this place laggy!" They even started to rp -throws rock at Mate Center-. After about 5 minutes of abuse, she eventaully moved to Bonfire Island.
Inactive

Offline shadow moon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • shadow moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 08:45:01 pm »
I do understand your opinion yet some others could disagree me myself im not really into the mate center yet others mate center has made them quite happy. also the fact that it gives people a chance to mingle with others is great for those in search of a mate. Like you said about when there are more than one mate center I do believe it is not needed yet others again may disagree, in all I believe for those whom enjoy the mate center let them enjoy and for those who don't let the others have their fun in what they like. not everyone is the same yet we are alike in some ways.

-shadow moon
shadow moon     

Offline BirdyBlu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • `Snuggle Puddle`
    • Ally Nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 04:30:17 pm »
I don't care for the mate center, but I don't hate them either. In my opinion they get half of the full on mate beggars off of Generals Door step.
.: Birdy Blu is just for You! :.

Signature image by @Pocketmutt

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 10:30:50 pm »
I've hung around Mate Centers before (no I wasn't interested, just observing) and honestly the way they work is just not right. People judge the characters before the actual player, you are pretty much having the choice to be mates with those "good looking characters" and yet know nothing about them. The actual person in charge of the mate center is pretty unorganized, choosing random people each time to step into the middle so you always get that "when is it my turn?!!", "can i go in the middle now?" and so on.

I'm not against the Mate Centers, I know some people appreciate having them in Bonfire and I respect that. I'm just going to say that I think talking and roleplaying together is a better way to go, you know more about the person and if they really would make a better mate then the random people you find in Mate Centers.

I don't think the "MATE CENTER IS OPEN COME GET A MATE HERE!!!!!!!!!!" every few minutes is necessary, I mean, come on? A large circle in the middle of Bonfire? It's sure to catch some attention, no need to advertise every few minutes. I mean sure you have spam, adverts and possibly other Mate Centers to compete with but I'm sure people get the idea.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 10:46:19 pm »
I've hung around Mate Centers before (no I wasn't interested, just observing) and honestly the way they work is just not right. People judge the characters before the actual player, you are pretty much having the choice to be mates with those "good looking characters" and yet know nothing about them. The actual person in charge of the mate center is pretty unorganized, choosing random people each time to step into the middle so you always get that "when is it my turn?!!", "can i go in the middle now?" and so on.

Oh god...disorganised mate centers are the worst ones. People, if you're going to do the job, do it probably. If this was a job for a real life thing like, idk...self help centers or something (o.o idk) then you wouldn't get paid for doing a crumby job. Think of it like that. It'll spare you, and the rest of us, the constant nagging that the 'customers' give.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)