Author Topic: Remembering the old/retired Staffy  (Read 1222 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Remembering the old/retired Staffy
« on: July 08, 2014, 11:44:18 am »
At one point or another we've had some of our beloved staff team members leave the team for various reasons. Often times it's sad to have to see such loyal familiar faces go and so I've decided to create this topic to remember some of our favorite moments or just general things about some of the old staffy.

Maybe they were a friend to some of you or perhaps they gave you some tremendously helpful advice etc. Perhaps they were a snuggle buddy or they offered comfort when you were down. Whatever it was that made them memorable to you here's the place to share some of those good thoughts ^^

Keep in mind that this is for old/retired staff not the current ones lol. Please keep the responses friendly as well.

(I wouldn't consider this so much as a praise thread but rather a discussion about them and what we miss, memories, and or what we liked about them etc)

For me I started most of my forum activity around the time when WolfFox, Crin, Delay, Sameth, Big Skippy, Tigg, Ramine, and Kyugima were still moderators/admin. I miss many of them since I got to know some of them as friends in game and they often helped me with issues I had. Though I didn't get to know some of them as well as others I loved them all as a whole <3 They were a really cool group especially since they all were really close and seemed more like a big family than anything else.

Now for specifics:

WolfFox: She was probably one of the first staffy that I really got to know. She was always super bubbly and friendly and never shy to jump up and greet someone. I loved her personality so much :3 She was like the awesome silly sweet party girl of the group. Whenever I had an issue in game she was one of the first to offer assistance. She was also always there for a friendly snuggle or chat. She had some pretty cute characters too <3

Ramine: To me she is a lot like our current Genny ;3 She was often very shy and kept to herself or her close friends but she was a sweet heart nonetheless and very helpful to all and friendly to anyone who approached her. Some users are afraid to approach staffy but with Ramine there was no need for that because she was just so sweet <3

BigSkippy: Though I didn't get to know him as much as the others he was pretty awesome. Best way to describe him was just that cool but also goofy guy. He was always very friendly and out going but a very stern enforcing of the rules. To me he was like the big brotherish guy on the staffy team. He always had your back and knew what to do. Let's also not forget his awesome accent lol.

Kyugima: Again just a sweet person all around. She and I had some good debates almost arguments in some Game Discussion threads back when I was a "new comer" xD. She always knew how to handle a gritty situation on site without letting anger get the best of her. She also helped me a good number of times when I had problems with my game.

All in all I miss the closeness of this particular group of staffy. It was because of them that I was able to get as familiar and comfortable within the community as I am now. They also gave me a great deal of laughs back when they streamed Minecraft play throughs, hosted the official party events, and did podcast. There's a lot that can be said but I can sum it up by saying I miss them and love them <3

What about you guys?

Offline Aniuk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • mesh requests? pm me~
    • giddyfox
    • View Profile
Re: Remembering the old/retired Staffy
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 12:08:57 pm »
Oh jeez Sura. WHY  MUST YOU BRING ME TEARS ;;3;;

I remember chatting with Wolffi& Ramine, but BigSkippy & I used to be friends. I remember Kyugima from the forums, and we talked. I remember Crin too. Such change. And I totally agree with you on Ramine and Genny being similar.

sig by pokrova on deviantART

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: Remembering the old/retired Staffy
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 05:29:01 pm »
I miss themz tew ;0;

Tigg and Sameth were also some nice users to approach and chat with ^^ Sameth brought a smile to your face with her kind personality, and Tigg always had something she was working on for members of the community. Wolffox, Skippy, and Ramine were all kind as well, although, I never got to know Ramine as well as others. They will never be forgotten as great moderators ^^

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves