Author Topic: Direct3D9 crashes my game and I can't find a solution.  (Read 1406 times)

SpicyDirt

Re: Direct3D9 crashes my game and I can't find a solution.
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 01:09:22 pm »
Hello! So some mods do crash a game if it hasn't been fully optimized for the update (even some updated mods still don't work). You could always try to remove the ENB mod and see if that fixes things. If it does, then there are a few different options that you'd be able to take.

Option 1: Play without the ENB.
Option 2: If you know how to code/work with files n' such, you could try to update that specific ENB to optimize it for FeralHeart.
Option 3: You could always try to go with a different ENB that is known to work with the update.

If you happen to go with option 3, here is a good thread to use: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=66634.0 - that is a list of some of the current mods that are compatible with the update. I do hope that this helps!

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2020, 07:13:22 pm »
It might be because your drivers ect are up to date.
Old laptop works fine yet a newer one doesn't like Dx3D.  Happened to me.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Elizabeth

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2020, 08:21:02 pm »
@leda
At this point, this is not so much about the mod anymore as it is about not being able to run Direct3D9 at all with or without any mods. Regardless, I'm glad this may become of note when further updating the game. My computer is definitely higher end so maybe thats why Feral Heart is struggling so much with it.

@SpicyDirt
The mod isn't even installed at this point.
I know coding but not well enough to rewrite someone else's work successfully.
The particular mod I have is Brokami's EMB. Regardless, Direct3D9 does not work whether or not I have mods installed into my game.

@Kuri
Yup. This seems to be my issue. My outdated laptop likes FH better than my 1k$ desktop but the game lags on my laptop. So I'm at this odd space between machines Lol.

Thank you all very much for trying to help, by the way. I'm grateful for such a responsive community even though the issues can be frustrating.