Author Topic: Mana Corrupted!  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Arlene

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Mana Corrupted!
« on: May 05, 2012, 04:34:20 pm »
To start off, you make an ordinary character. Any character will do, so long as they are not supermagical gods or something like that. Even Pokemon and MLP(shudders) may apply here.

Once you've made your character, find a person with the tag Manabeast, ManaB, or ManaC in their name. They are the end products of a Mana Corruption and can cause the corruption to happen in your character. This must be roleplayed out over the course of at least a half hour.

Your character is uncomfortable. They start to grow crystals all over their body, and then become encased in them. After a short while, they burst out, a new manabeast or mana corrupted! They must have the appropriate tag added, as well as a few interesting new features.

As of yet, I don't have the custom maps or items I need to make this a more cohesive thing, but in later updates I will have maps filled with corrupted plants and mana crystals, crystal caves, and even wearable crystals for the corrupted to show off!

Here I will list the current manabeast and mana corrupted data:

MANA CORRUPTED:

Mana corrupted are just like they were before corruption, save for the manes or spines of bristling mana crystals, as well as some on the legs if possible. Their markings and eyes become the same color as their crystals (usually pale or dark colors, sometimes white, but never bright solid colors), as does their nose. In extreme cases, their eyes may become glowing orbs with no pupils. Mana corrupted can create other mana corrupted through a process of overloading the subject with magic. They have small amounts of magic, and may have elemental affinity, waterbreathing, fire breath, or any number of interesting magical additions. They have the tag "ManaC" in front of their name.

MANABEASTS:

These are somewhat more advanced. They have wings made of crystal and manes of the same, in bright and solid colors. As with the corrupted, they can cause a player who wants it to become mana corrupted, but they may also create other manabeasts. There are no extra special markings, but make sure that markings, eyes, wings, and nose share the same crystal coloration. Everything else stays the same as before corruption. Manabeasts have more powerful magic than mana corrupted, and may have elemental affinity, waterbreathing, fire breath, or any number of interesting magical additions. They have the tag "Manabeast" in front of thier name, or ManaB if it does not fit.

If I ever figure out the group system, a group for Manabeasts and a group for Mana Corrupted will follow. Group membership is optional.