Author Topic: Canis Spiritus  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Lionzue

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Everything's cool--It's the future!
    • View Profile
Canis Spiritus
« on: February 05, 2014, 07:16:11 pm »
Okay, so...I got bored. And this is what happened. Buuut before you go on, just a warning--this isn't like super duper professional thread with so much coding and stuff. It's just a little idea.
So back to the species...

--
Names

Canis Spiritus is the scientific name for these creatures; it is derived from the Latin words canis, meaning dog, and the word spiritus, meanig spirit. Many simply call them Striped Spirits or Striped Dogs due to their pattern.

They call each other by specific names though. Names such as Tanzigo (tahn-zee-goh), Ngeu (nuh-gwah), and Zuekama (zoo-com-bah) are just a few.

Appearance

Striped Spirits are fairly small and slim with short muzzles, large ears, and big eyes with no pupils. They have pelts that can vary from dark grey to black with a lighter, creamy belly, darker tail-tip, and stripes most commonly found on the legs, tail, and back along with a mask on the face of the same color. These markings can be anywhere from a light brown to a very dark brown, or almost black. Their eyes are always shades of blue and the noses always an orange or brown. Each and every Striped Spirit has antlers of some sort.

Females, called does, have almost no difference from males, called bucks, except they have small, often dark-colored wings that are used to scare off larger predators when spread out. Males are also typically found to have darker patterns and tail-tips.

Baby Striped Spirits, called pups or cubs, look almost nothing like what they will be when grown up. Their pelts are light grey and their bellies are almost white, developing their creamy color later. They aren't born with their masks or stripes; those develop later on, starting a creamy-white then becoming more brown. Their eyes start off with pupils that disappear over time and they are white in color, soon which turns to blue. Antlers and/or wings grow later on, too.

Traits

Canis Spiritus don't really have a ton of special traits. They are swift and love to run because of so, having tons of stamina. This is mostly because they aren't fighters; their antlers and wings are used as a last resort. They are fairly quiet and many people report seeing them "disappear". This is only because they can run away so quickly, it seems like a blur.

They live in groups mostly from three to ten, consisting of two to three bucks and the rest all does and/or cubs. Does hunt and patrol while the males take care of the cubs and fight. They are very social and love to joke around.

Pictures
These photos are somewhat large, so I will use spoiler tags.

Does

Bucks

Cub/Pup
So pour the champagne, pour the champagne...

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: Canis Spiritus
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 03:48:27 am »
Hm. I like how you added the wings and such. Also, I like the appearances and details!
Sounds like a great species, to Rp with. ^.^.~
not active here anymore ♡

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 08:01:19 pm »
Good species you placed together, Lionzue - trivia, do only the does have wings or they all do? 
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Lionzue

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Everything's cool--It's the future!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 11:10:29 pm »
Thank you both very much! It means a lot.
Also, only does have wings. Thought I missed something in the description!
So pour the champagne, pour the champagne...