Author Topic: The Killodon  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Bioshock

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
The Killodon
« on: June 21, 2016, 06:59:56 pm »
The Killodon

Do not make without permission!

What is a Killodon?
A Killodon is a wolf that is said to be closely related to the dinosaurs. As time passed since these creatures were discovered, scientists proved this statement as true. The scientists in charge of studying the Killodon species also found out many other things like their diet,  for example. But he has also found out their behavior toward their own species, the colors, weaknesses, strong points, differences between genders, and some things about their young.

Diet
Like most carnivores in the world, Killodons eat meat and nothing else besides meat. This being said, they will hunt other animals. Usually they hunt larger animals like deer and moose. But every now and then they will eat smaller animals like rabbits, squirrels, rats, etc...

Behavior
Studies show that the Killodon species aren't really that friendly to any other species but their own. When it comes to other species, they will usually become aggressive and possibly the attack the creature that bothers them. With their own species however, they are calm. Usually the Killodon's would play with each other. Overall, the Killodon's seem to be focused around a family in a way. If a male Killodon takes interest in a a female of its species, he will usually stick around her and try to impress her. However, if two males like the same female, they will duel till one gives in. The victor obviously gets the female.

Colors
Killodon's are very dark in color. Most are dark grey, some are completely black. The scientist predicts that there are albino Killodons, but they are very rare since there has not yet been one spotted, which is where the prediction of an albino Killodon being rare. The dark colored Killodon's have black markings. That would also mean the albino Killodon's have a lighter marking color, which will consist of the color grey.

Gender Differences
There are very few differences in the species that tell us whether or not that a Killodon is male or female. But there are some. One of these differences would be the color of fur. The fur color of a female is a tad bit lighter than the fur color of a male. Again, this is just by a tiny bit. Another would be how large the males are compared to the females. Males of the Killodon species are a lot taller than the females in the pack. That's how the human race are able to tell the difference between a male or a female Killodon from far away. Closer up, it's a lot easier.

Young
And last but not least for now, we figured out how the great Killodon cares for its young. The female Killodon usually watches the young the most. This means the females are probably on full alert when it comes to their surroundings. When the females are alone with its offspring, they will most likely attack anything that comes near their offspring, showing that they don't want to take the risk of their young getting hurt. The males often pass down what they know to their offspring. These skills that they pass down consist of how they track their prey, hunt, and even fight off enemies.

Normal Colored Killodon

Albino Killodon

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: The Killodon
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 07:04:59 pm »
Oooo, these are a very interesting species and I love the designs as well.
Very informative too ~!  Hopefully I can admire the Killodons from afar when I see some roaming about.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 07:29:57 pm »
Very interesting species. :3

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 07:56:33 pm »
Love the species, they sound super interesting! c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 09:57:51 pm »
Oh my goodness, the albino Killodon is wonderful! This sounds like a wonderful species!

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 10:00:07 pm »
This looks interesting!
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline KittyKatBlue

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 02:47:21 am »
Hi may I use this species?

Offline Bioshock

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 04:10:14 am »
Oooo, these are a very interesting species and I love the designs as well.
Very informative too ~!  Hopefully I can admire the Killodons from afar when I see some roaming about.

Thank you! I appreciate the kind comment!

Very interesting species. :3

Haha, thanks. <3

Love the species, they sound super interesting! c:

Thank you very much! I've had the species for a while and I tried hard to make them. c:

Oh my goodness, the albino Killodon is wonderful! This sounds like a wonderful species!

Ah yes. Thank you. To be honest I like the albino Killodon better than the normal pelted one.

This looks interesting!

Thank you very much!

Hi may I use this species?

Err.. Can you please PM me and we can talk about this privately?