Author Topic: Moderator Free October  (Read 56137 times)

Offline Switchblades

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Free October
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2018, 10:14:06 pm »
Although this account may seem new, I would be considered a veteran of this game. Like everyone else before me has said, this is a bad decision. This could be the games end if anything, it's highly unfair to the community as well. It's bad the game has already lost hundreds of players, but this is just adding to the list of issues! And the fact that the staff didn't know about this is disgusting. What's the point of a staff team if you want to take all of the power?

^ Do you see that? That's 80+ people standing with the staff and saying that this is also a bad decision. If the plug is pulled, I will be devastated due to the past I have with it. I've made my closest friends over this game, people who I have traveled too to meet. I hope you understand this mistake you're going to let happen if it happens at all.

Offline Riot

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2018, 10:15:46 pm »
When you have this many members begging you not to do this and telling you this idea is awful, then you know you really messed up. This system is corrupt before it's even implemented, they're planning a boycott before the month is even here. This is reflecting so badly on you, Raz, there's no other way to explain it. This makes you seem lazy. This makes it seem like you don't want to be here anymore- and if that's the case, then please, for the love of anything you've got left- retire. This isn't fair to the community, it's not fair to the members, and you think you're lessening and workload when really you're just tying the noose tighter.

You really think this will help anything? Did you not think this through all the way? Was this just a stupid brash decision that you made, and didn't consult the staff team? What did you think the members would think about this? Because in all honesty, if you thought this could ever possibly work, and you thought the members would agree, you never could've been more wrong. I have yet to see a single person agree with you. You're relying on potentially malicious members to be fair? To be truthful? Are you kidding me? There were moderators and admins in the first place because they KNEW that the integrity was never going to be enough to keep things in check. The invisible hand doesn't exist here, and all in all? People are never going to do the right thing when nobody's looking.

You need to realize that this whole community is rallying against you. There will be backlash and there will be many, many unjustified bans- unconstitutional bans- that did not get fair trial. Many people will just block members out of the pure intent to have them banned. There are others who, like myself, simply block members because they do not wish to interact with them. Others block users because of a simple annoying action. None of these are bannable offenses, and your system spears through the whole entire purpose of the block button.

There is going to be an uprising, as there is against all stupid decisions that govern how things have been. Jeopardizes the peace. There's going to be absolute anarchy, and I don't know how you were blind to it to begin with. I've been here since the very beginning, almost 8 years now, and to see this community crack under a pressure that you put on is a devastating blow.

I'm going to be there when it crashes, and I know for certain who they're going to burn at the stake.

#NotMyFeralHeart
#PushBack

Offline Laurilton

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2018, 10:17:26 pm »
5 years of FeralHeart and I've never been inclined to post on these forums. Until now. This a horrible idea, plain and simple. Please rethink.

PocketMutt

« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2018, 10:18:48 pm »

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2018, 10:20:41 pm »
I hope this is bait.

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2018, 10:22:50 pm »
Uh okay! I will just play now. I hope this update will do good, and not ban innocent players, right?

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2018, 10:23:45 pm »
Everyone else has said my thoughts already, but is this just some passive-aggressive way to get back at all the people who have had complaints about the FH staff over the years? Because this is not at all what anyone wanted. This isn't a compromise or a solution.

I don't think this decision was thought out at all. Though based on Feralheart's track record of spontaneous decisions without any prior input from the community, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not much else to say at this point.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline alexterri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • We are One
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2018, 10:25:10 pm »
literally what

Offline Heacey

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2018, 10:28:10 pm »
FeralHeart may not seem like much to some particular individuals. I know a lot of members have come and gone since I started playing in 2014 with my late best friend. But FeralHeart. It brought him and I together. It gave us a safe place to go when life got hard. We learned new skills. We got so creative. We met so many new people. People change. Communities. Communities can get bigger and smaller. They can go through their ups and downs. But one thing that doesn't change? How much the loyal members of this game love the community that they are in.

FeralHeart can still go back to the way it used to be. We're all still here for each other. We've been here for each other through all of these years. People leave. People come back. I know I was glad to have returned. But to come home to this... I'm honestly speechless. I can see the intentions of making a good community behind it, but this solution is...in a word, lazy. And unfair. Like I said, people change. People have grown older with this game. We've watched sprout into something amazing and safe. Don't throw that all away. We can talk better solutions. Together. Like it's supposed to be in a community.

Offline Scornhound

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • 𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢
    • FiendOfVengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2018, 10:29:51 pm »
This... I honestly cannot support. My opinion is just the same as everyone's stated in this thread. Did you think before this was implemented? How this could easily be used to take advantage of the innocent users of this community? It doesn't seem that you have, Raz. It's frankly sad that you have even thought of this measure to control a community. You need real live people to moderate a community, not a a system that can easily be exploited such as this. Well there goes my decision of logging on FH this October. I will be letting all of my friends know about this so they can keep their guard up if they decide to log into the game.
𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔟𝔶 𝔪𝔢