Poll

What do you think of cross-gender RPers? (Guys that rp as girls, and girls that rp as guys.)

Totally acceptable.
I'm one of 'em!
They make me uncomfortable when I find out they're not their character's gender.
They should stick to rping their IRL gender!

Author Topic: Your Opinion on Cross-gender RPers?  (Read 23083 times)

Offline WhiskerWatcher

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • Red haired animal!
    • MsWhiskersArt
    • Ms Whiskers
    • View Profile
Re: Your Opinion on Cross-gender RPers?
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2013, 07:14:27 pm »
I'm one of them. But why would anyone feel weird about it? It's not that you're gay or anything. It's like your characters are in love, they're mates. It's not like you are together in real. But you don't want to be the owner who takes their dog away from the one they love. :C
Love you all <3

Offline GhostPuma

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Crazy Fangirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2013, 09:58:18 pm »
I find it fine since I do it a lot XD. A majority of my characters are male. Also have to say that most male characters seem to have less cliche personalities than females on television shows and can inspire us to make these male characters. I dunno, just a wild guess :/.

you lost me .

What I mean is that, some people can be inspired to play or make characters based off characters they read about or watch on television. If you're either gender, you could want to play as a male character because you are used to them having better and more realistic personalities on these shows/ in these books that you like (this is also the case for females, but the only one I've seen has to be Katniss :/. Not many others I've liked but bleh). Or, it's because male (or female)characters may take the lead role in those things. Many people can get inspired and get used to these facts.

To add on, I usually play as a male character because most of my characters are male. At the momment i'm not the best at giving stories to female characters it seems.

Sorry I was a bit vague. I'm still trying to stop myself from doing that :/.
(Also if there are any errors in this....whoops XD).

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2013, 08:53:09 pm »
People get creeped out when I am RPing as a boy and I am a girl in real life.

They're mostly like: "Um. That's a little strange. "

I just leave and don't bother to complain. Hence why I don't RP anymore.

? Signature by Pokrovka ?