Poll

What do you think of cross-gender RPers? (Guys that rp as girls, and girls that rp as guys.)

Totally acceptable.
I'm one of 'em!
They make me uncomfortable when I find out they're not their character's gender.
They should stick to rping their IRL gender!

Author Topic: Your Opinion on Cross-gender RPers?  (Read 23082 times)

Offline Jaytsa

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • .~:Ohai.:~.
    • View Profile
Re: Your Opinion on Cross-gender RPers?
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 08:56:09 pm »
O-o worked up over cross-genders? its the last thing people should think  about.

VERY LATE EDIT: Im one of 'em. I occasionally play as a dude, and i find nothing wrong with that.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:29:42 am by Jaytsa »
Don't bunt. Aim out of the ballpark.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 11:47:04 pm »
Wow, sonmeone actually voted for the option saying people should stick to their real life gender. Weirdo.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Definition

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 11:54:19 pm »
Actually, that was me. I accidentally sent the page before I could choose it. c: No way to retract.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 11:59:44 pm »
There you go, you should be able to change it now XD

Offline Definition

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 12:22:15 am »
Ah, there we go. xD
I won't lie, I'd feel pretty awkward if a guy approached me as a girl. Haven't happened yet though. Not that it's wrong for cross-gender roleplayers, just me. A guy thing? xD

/shrug

Garnett

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 07:42:53 am »
I never knew anyone had a problem with that. To me it always seemed like a given. RPing as only characters of one gender would be boring. I don't have any female characters yet, but I plan to. Heck, I want to make some androgynous or third gender characters too. It's just more interesting that way, I think. Having characters of different genders, and being able to play them well, to me just showcases the player's creativity and RP skills. Would it be awkward to find out a player's gender was different from that of their character? I don't see why. Everyone knows the player and the character are two separate individuals. And it's not like you were planning to date them irl or anything.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 07:48:23 am »
  Yeah, those on here who are saying it's ok as long as it doesn't make them feel gay are pretty weird. it's a roleplay, not real life. I've played lesbians and gay guys, it doesn't actually make you gay, and it sure doesn't matter who's behind teh screen because you're interacting with their character NOT THEM THEMSELVES. Unless you seriously think that having your character and their romantically involved means you are actually going out with them IRL, which is wrong, it's an RP not real life.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 07:49:47 am »
Thats exactly right ;)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Okapi

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 08:44:51 pm »
I don't really mind people RPing as the opposite gender. It's really fairly fine with me. Maybe some people think it is a bit messed up.

I usually RP as male characters more than females. It is nothing to really get worked over about.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2011, 02:01:11 am »
  Yeah, those on here who are saying it's ok as long as it doesn't make them feel gay are pretty weird. it's a roleplay, not real life. I've played lesbians and gay guys, it doesn't actually make you gay, and it sure doesn't matter who's behind teh screen because you're interacting with their character NOT THEM THEMSELVES. Unless you seriously think that having your character and their romantically involved means you are actually going out with them IRL, which is wrong, it's an RP not real life.

Exactly.

You aren't your OCs. You might have made them, but they most certainly don't share your same views and so on....Unless you made them that way XD