Author Topic: The Rune Wolves [Under new management!]  (Read 94990 times)

Offline AliciaJewel

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
The Rune Wolves [Under new management!]
« on: November 20, 2011, 10:32:08 pm »
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 02:34:31 am by AliciaJewel »

Offline AliciaJewel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:36:58 pm by AliciaJewel »

Offline AliciaJewel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Elders

None!

Others

Name: ILMA (ill-ma, not LL-ma like it appears in the proper case )
Parents: Unknown
Element: Air
Mentor(s): None
Trainee(s): None
Personality: Ilma is kind and empathetic to the plight of the hurting, and will sometimes stir the air around them to comfort them. Being an angel, she upholds justice, particularly for the poor and hurting. Her experiences in life have made her strong and hardy; well able to handle most of the evil spirits that occasionally try to deceive the pack.
History: In life, Ilma was born, an only pup, to two Rune Wolves that were members of one of the many Rune Wolf packs that wandered the land in the olden days. Shortly after she was born, her entire pack was killed by humans who wanted them dead. She only survived because she was entirely grey, and blended into the rock. Her life from then on was a constant struggle to survive. On numerous occasions she almost starved to death, or was almost killed by humans. To top it all off, when she finally made it to adulthood and was ready to mate, her mate betrayed her and ran off to who knows where and left her heartbroken. Exactly how she dies is controversial. Some say she forgot to hunt, some say she ended up suffering the fate of her family, and still others say she took her own life. Whatever the actual cause of her death, everyone agrees that she really died of a crushed heart.
A higher deity pitied her life of pain and misery, and saw that she was kind, gentle, and empathetic to those in need, while still strong and hardy enough to defend them. After her death, he transformed her into an angel. To this day, she watches the pack and does her best to keep them from the harm that was so prevalent in her life.
Other: Ilma is Finnish for air.
SPECIAL NOTE FROM ALICIA: I am allowing this character to be an "observer" to the RP until she has a chance to be born into the pack. She will only interact with other characters when asked to. Odds are, I will not be allowing another character like this except under EXTREMELY special circumstances.

Pack Population:
Females: 7
Males: 5
Total: 11
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:15:29 pm by AliciaJewel »

Offline Bluminescent

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
  • "It's always about your friends, isn't it?"
    • Bluminescent
    • blumutt
    • View Profile
meh...i might join.
My Deviantart

" Y'ever wonder what stars are? Where light comes from? "

Offline JellyDonutz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
defiantly going to join! Luv your idea!

Offline AliciaJewel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Thank you. ^_^ I'm glad there's some interest in this group--I had almost given up on it.

xRukia

Daaaahhh! *hugs* I love you for making this! If I didn't have to go to sleep right now I'd make a beautiful bio of my beautiful Rune wolf I just made! However...tomorrow's another day and I shall write up her bio tomorrow. (If my bio is good enough, it's ok if she's a Mind Rune wolf right?)

Offline AliciaJewel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Of course! But keep in mind that I tend to be a bit more picky on the rare Runes. ;)

xRukia

Name: Iris
Parents: Shade, other unknown (NPC)
Element: Mind
Mentor(s): Neytiri (deceased)
Trainee(s): n/a
Personality:
Iris is very wise for her age, mostly because of her power. She has learned, seen and heard many things past an average Rune wolf's knowledge of her own age. Though she may be wise, she can have her immature moments; also known as her "puppy moments." For example, chasing a squirrel just for fun or daring another Rune wolf to climb a tree to the top. Iris may have a sharp tongue, her instructor (Neytiri), one of the few mind Rune wolves around told her, "If you don't make judgements, then how can you decipher the right from wrong? How can you determine the light from the dark? We make judgements so we can understand one another and make sure history doesn't repeat itself. If you fail to do that then the power of a mind wolf is useless." Iris doesn't judge others in an ill sense, she judges for the benefit of herself and for others. Though she may seem cold at times, this is because her mind is constantly connected with another being, nature. Iris finds it useful to distance herself every so often because she realizes that in a matter of life and death, she must not let her emotions as well as the emotions of the other being get in the way of her duties. It can be stressful, she believes, when it feels like you constantly carry the world on your shoulders.

Iris has a weakness, however, she has no knowledge that it can be a weakness that will destroy her. A flaw in this Rune wolf would be that she is too open towards others. She constantly has to understand others and find out what motivates the to do what they do. This is no different when it comes to the enemy. While Iris' power can be useful, it can also be the cause of her own destruction. Wise as she can be, she can be oblivious when it comes to herself.
History:
Iris was born to two Rune wolves. A dark Rune (Shade) and a light Rune. Though her mother is completely unknown. Rumors have it that she died giving birth to Iris and Shade refused to talk about her mother when asked, he loved her that much. Despite the fact that she knows little about her mother, Iris is very close to her father. He raised her as his daughter and taught her to hunt and fight. However, when it became clear that she was a mind wolf, he could not teach her the ways of these rare Runes. Then along came Neytiri, Iris' mentor and the only mind Rune wolf known to exist at the time. Through her, Iris was taught how to control her mind powers. She was taught to read other minds at her own will, control other beings, and to feel the emotions running through the nature of an individual. This, she realized, was what it meant to be a mind Rune wolf.

A night Iris will never forget, was the death of her mentor. There was a traitor in the midst of the Rune wolves; Iris was the first to realize and instead of confronting Neytiri about it, she took it upon herself to face him. It was a rough battle, the bloodiest Iris had ever had. She used what she could of her mind powers at the time, attempting to use them for good against the evils of this wolf. She was losing desperately. That was when Neytiri interfered and stopped him from drawing the death blow. He was a fire Rune, and while he had Iris down, he intended to burn her alive. Instead, his powers hit Neytiri. Realizing his mistake, he ran off into the distance, knowing he would be killed for committing such a crime. The murder of a wise mind Rune wolf. Iris was traumatized, and desperately wished that she hadn't made such a decision in the first place. Now, instead of carrying the guilt on her fur, Iris has decided to live on with Neytiri's teachings and to pass them on to any mind Rune that would be in need of her help.
RP Sample:
Light purple orbs softened as she watched the small litter of pups rough house with each other. She remember when she was that small. Of course, she had no siblings, but she would always have play fights with her father. The female wolf moved her gaze to the terrain ahead add squinted. She had a feeling something was up, someone was nearby. It wasn't a good feeling either. A growl rumbled low in her throat, causing nearby Runes to lift their heads and give her curious looks. Iris flicked her tail, paying them no mind, and began to walk toward the presence. She had to know what was there. What if it was that wolf? Anger flared in her entire being, the male that killed her mentor. If it was him, she'd rip him a new one. Iris wouldn't give him such a warm welcome. Oh no she wouldn't. He had another thing coming.

Iris felt the fur on her neck and back rise the closer to moved toward the presence. She stopped dead when a rustle in the bushes next to her startled her. In a flash, she bore her fangs and backed up, waiting for the enemy to show himself.
Other:
Just let me know if you want me to change anything! :3

Offline AliciaJewel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Sorry it took so long to reply--I've been a bit busy these past few days. I like your Rune! The concept of a traitor in the pack makes for interesting backstory and possibly a future plot device~

I'll make a thumbnail of your image and add you to the roster. ^_^