Author Topic: Male vs. Female Characters  (Read 17172 times)

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
Re: Male vs. Female Characters
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2012, 05:59:46 pm »
Most of my characters are male. I just never go on.

People on here scare me, anyway.

Offline HowlStar

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2012, 06:14:49 pm »
Lol. I like the wolf in your signature, btw. Did you make it? It's awesome.
FORMERLY KNOWN AS LARKA

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2012, 05:41:35 pm »
Lol. I like the wolf in your signature, btw. Did you make it? It's awesome.
Thanks. I did make it. Still has plenty of things to be completed though.

Offline fieryflare

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2012, 12:22:19 am »
I don't know about characters, seems pretty equal, but in terms of real life gender looks like most people are actually females, and that goes for this whole 'culture', for a lack of better word, I mean like us, animal-liking group that likes to draw wolves and big cats and like Lion King and play games like these and RP animals, are into 'scene-wolves' etc. are more female than male, this is coming from a male btw. A lot of times I couldn't even find any real males at all in WQ and IT, all the males were actually female.

Offline Shayne

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2012, 01:26:23 am »
lol! i'm a guy. o,o all my characters (obviously) are male. :DD
"We are brothers
Not in blood,
But in bond." ~To Trey

Offline evelynn

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • ^v^ Keep a Happy face, adopt a SMILEY! ^v^
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2012, 09:42:18 pm »
Does that mean there is a higher percentage of females interested in the game or is a female character more connectable to Role Play audiences???

Pet's name: Lillina
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Come back horsie!!!

Offline evelynn

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • ^v^ Keep a Happy face, adopt a SMILEY! ^v^
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2012, 09:43:07 pm »
I'm a girl and half of my characters are male...Personally I tend to lean toward the male plight in an RP.
1. Guys fighting is more respected among Role Players because they expect a male to be a tougher opponent.
2. Males tend to have have less romantic interest built into plot lines- Yuck! Creepy!!!!!
3. Female characters are more acclimated to chatty or supporting roles in an RP.
4. Strong female characters are assumed to be hard and feminist (in an overbearing way) and I don't want to go there with it either.

These rules can be broken, but from what I've seen, female characters tend to be portrayed in the above patterns in many Rp's that I've played in. Such portrayal is similar to what I've seen in the media, especially Tv and movies. Which makes sense because, Many players draw experience for their characters from the media, (note the many Kovu's running around). I like well balanced characters and they tend to be more easy to portray in a male. Also I have fun RPing a male character.... ^_^
:)                                              !!!PLEASE DON'T THINK I'M A FEMINIST OR WHATEVER!!! *Dies*
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:09:51 pm by evelynn »

Pet's name: Lillina
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Come back horsie!!!

Offline HowlStar

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2012, 02:19:03 am »
1. Guys fighting is more respected among Role Players because they expect a male to be a tougher opponent.
2. Males tend to have have less romantic interest built into plot lines- Yuck! Creepy!!!!!
3. Female characters are more acclimated to chatty or supporting roles in an RP.
4. Strong female characters are assumed to be hard and feminist (in an overbearing way) and I don't want to go there with it either.

1.) Yeah. I've seen many RPs where males tend to fight more often then females (and some where female-fighting is banned altogether)
2.) Heheheheh...
3.) Well yeah, the girls do all teh talkin' xD
4.) Most of the strong females I meet tend to be sort of...loner-ish. BUT if you meant strong as in having power over a pride/pack/clan/whatevar, the ones I meet in RP are always polite and gentle and...too careful with their words xD. It bothers me SO...MUCH... (That is why I never take high ranks)

Does that mean there is a higher percentage of females interested in the game or is a female character more connectable to Role Play audiences???

I think girls are more interested in games where you can play as animals for some reason. Guys aren't as interested in animals/roleplay (From what i've experienced) but there are some exceptions.

FORMERLY KNOWN AS LARKA

Offline Miles101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Praise Helix
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2012, 12:42:46 am »
Naturally. It has been shown that most players are female, and many characters that are first created are the same gender as the pupeteer. It is easier to put yourself in the mind of someone the same gender as you. I have a female and a male character, and I tend to use the male more often ;D

Offline buttnuttsquash

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2012, 01:59:10 am »
The thing is, I'm a girl in reals, and I have......... I dunno...................... 2-3 male wolves? O_O! I once went on my female wolf, Luna, and this guy named Spike, in Fluorite, he came RIGHT up to me and asked to be my mate. I was all like: "Ummmm............................... Sure..............??" Then he started SEXUALLY RELATING TO THINGS ABOUT US............ O_O" Ikr? *shudders*