Author Topic: Land of Lynthia [Remake.] [Inactive since 04/05/2013]  (Read 44060 times)

Offline caiktin

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lynthia [Remake. Open and Accepting!]
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2013, 07:29:15 pm »
((Clearly, I'm terrible at splitting my time between school, non-forum RPing, and family commitments XD Sorry for the late response, I hope to post later on today!))
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 01:48:24 am by Caitlin »

Offline caiktin

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 12, 2013, 12:08:28 pm »
Though outwardly, Noah appeared confident, he had been uncertain as to whether Raven would accept his offer or not. The mage, naturally, had every right to decline everything he had said and turn her back on him, whether or not she owed him a favour. So when the female did agree to help, there was a small surge of relief that coursed through the mercenary thief. This officially put his plan into motion, and now that he had the added help of Raven, he was sure they could not fail this task.

"Fantastic," Noah said, grinning his somewhat devious grin. "I see no point in beating around the bush, I'd like to set out as soon as we possibly can. I will give you the rest of today to gather any belongings you might need and recuperate, and set out at dawn tomorrow. I will be traveling on foot, it's up to you whether you acquire another mode of transport or not." The male glanced over at Carina's steed with an expression akin to envy, before his attention returned to the mage. "We leave from Zale tomorrow. I'm spending a night in the inn, so around that general area is a good place to meet, yes?" Noah didn't want to waste time, nor did he want Raven to be without any details on how they were starting this journey. Getting this task over and done with sooner rather than later was the best option, for the job had already been pushed aside for far too long.

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 14, 2013, 09:55:06 am »
((It looks like it'll just be you and I for awhile lol
I don't want the RP to die again, so even if we're the only two RPing, I'm willing to keep it up until, hopefully, others find interest enough to join and/or return.))

Raven's mouth set into a firmer line in response to the mercenary's grin, but she said nothing. Instead she was feigning indifference, while on the inside she really was curious as to what this mission could possibly be, what it was they were looking for or doing. Any normal person probably would of declined such an offer upfront, even Raven was a little suspicious and wary of the danger that could be laying in wait for them, or toward the ones who hired Noah to do this in the first place. Yet Raven's curiosity, like always, won out. How could she pass up the chance to learn more about something she didn't know, and the reward didn't sound half bad, either. However, there was the half-elf to attend to...

The mage turned away from Noah (possibly in a way that looked like she was just ignoring him) to look where the stranger had been standing not a moments ago. Yep, he was gone... Damn it. Brows lowering just a centimeter to show her annoyance, she looked back at the thief in a mild glare as if to blame him for this happening, which she did. If he hadn't come out of nowhere and distracted her with his offer, she would of sensed that the half-elf had slipped away. But no, her attention had been on Noah... There was always that strange aura about him, something that lingered on him that was just so out of place, but she couldn't place her finger on it. It made her anxious, edgy... Just another reason why she didn't want to be around him, but now she knew she was just going to have to tolerate it and him. Anyway, it was because of this that her mind had been too occupied and focused on the mercenary thief, that she didn't even notice a change in her third-eye vision.

Raven supposed it was for the best. She still had the paper with the odd list of names, and holding this in hand, she turned instead to the princess. "Here you are, Lady Carina," Raven walked away from Noah to stand before her. She wasn't sure if she had been eavesdropping on them or not, but she concluded that she was, otherwise she would of been aware of the half-elf's departure and said something. Unless she let him go. "I apologize for the disturbance. This paper may be of more use to you than it is to me, it's a vital piece of evidence if you wish to apprehend the half-elf. After all, he admitted his crimes. I'm afraid I won't be aiding you in searching for him (which is advisable) if that's what you want to do, or return home to inform the King of the past events and reassure him you're alright, but I have other matters to attend to."

Finally, Raven turned back to Noah and addressed his suggestions. "Very well, that sounds like an appropriate time to depart. I'll see you around the hour of dawn outside the inn entrance, near the stables. I'm sorry to say I don't own a horse, but it's a much easier landmark to find one another at." Not that the mage preferred riding very much... Sure, it was faster but she wasn't comfortable enough to do that. Walking was going to have to do, and though outwardly she was as placid as ever, inwardly she was a little worried her condition may show. Her stamina wasn't all that great, and the last thing she wanted was having Noah pointing out her weakness and pointing it out in some way. No matter, she was just going to have to deal with it.

With nothing more to be said or done, the mage began making the return trip back to Zale.

((That one's going to be my last one for this phase, you can do a time skip in your post for the next day if you like :3 ))
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline caiktin

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 15, 2013, 06:13:56 am »
Carina had indeed been listening to the conversation shared between Raven and Noah, almost completely flummoxed as to what was going on. She had noticed that Alistair had the intentions of slipping away, and attempted to stop him with what most people would consider an intimidating expression and some harsh words, but it did not work. The elf-man had gotten away, and the ginger-haired young lady returned to the side of her steed and mounted him swiftly, waiting for Raven to finish speaking with the unfamiliar mercenary thief before she headed off. However, she was rather relieved when the mage finally returned to her, and offered the small piece of parchment that had been in her possession.

"Thank you, Raven," she said with a nod of her head, taking the parchment and slipping it into a small pouch attached to her saddle. "I will do just that, the crimes that man has committed will not go unpunished. Thank you for all your trouble, safe travels to you and, uh... him." Carina cast a chilling gaze over the male, eyeing him up for one last time, before she turned her gelding and nudged him into an easy canter, heading back towards the castle.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Clasping his hands behind his back once more, Noah gave a decided nod of his head. "That settles that, then. See you bright and early tomorrow morning, my dear Raven." With a mock bow accompanied by his trademark fox-ish smirk, the mercenary thief spun smartly on his heel and began to head back to Zale. His hand rested on his rondel blade as he walked, sharp blueish eyes scouring every inch of the trodden path and beyond for any sign of danger. But like his trip to the clearing, he made it back safe and sound, and made his way to the inn bar for some refreshments, and even food if he was lucky. After that, it was sleep, no matter how early it was. Noah had a tendency to sleep for about four hours every couple of nights (a habit that had extended for so long it was rare for it to affect his health now days), and he believed he should catch up while he could.

~! TIME SKIP  !~

Just like he had hoped, Noah roused himself from a slumber no less than half an hour before dawn broke across the horizon. Glad that his body clock was still in check after being out of commission for a few days, the mercenary thief slipped quietly out of bed and dressed himself appropriately. In the corner of his room lay a small satchel, all it contained was a decent amount of money that should provide for both him and Raven if needed, as well as one or two personal items that he wouldn't dare leave behind anywhere. With the small weight of the satchel on his shoulders, and the familiar weight of his rondel blade around his waist, he felt ready enough to set out and wait for Raven.

Creeping silently down the stairs to the bar, Noah found that the innkeeper was not yet awake. Out of the kindness of his own heart (no, more because he needed to loose a tiny bit of weight in this satchel), Noah left an adequate amount of money behind the bar for the innkeeper, and then saw himself out. 

It didn't take long to locate the stables, the tell-tale smells of leather and hay were enough to go by. While he was waiting, the mercenary thief slipped down the U-shaped aisle with the stables set around the outside, admiring the various steeds as he passed by. There was one mare in particular that snagged his attention, still young-looking with a bit of fire in her. She had a beautiful dark coat, obvious well-kept with the gloss it emitted, and almost equally as dark eyes. Extending a hand, Noah allowed the mare to sniff at it before she lowered her head slightly for petting. Typically Noah wasn't too great with animals, but horseback had been a regular mode of transport for him, and he felt confident with the small amount of experience he had.

((Ah, I see >.< I'm sure we can carry on by ourselves! I'm officially retiring Carina for the moment, she might pop back up later, I'm not sure at this stage.))

Offline caiktin

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 01, 2013, 01:36:43 am »
((Bumping just to prevent the RP from getting swamped by other topics on the forum!))

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 02, 2013, 10:43:58 am »
((Sincerest apologies! I went through a Writer's Block phase and then forgot about the RP temporarily >>; *Feels horrible* Anywho, here I am!))

As soon as Raven had returned to the inn and gone to bed, she passed out. The lack of sleep from the previous night and the events in the festival had finally caught up with her, so upon waking up it was no surprise she felt completely refreshed. Strength had returned and her illness was kept at bay, the timing perfect since she had a long road ahead of her. The mage dubbed on another, fresher robe, pretty much the same as her other ones. She liked keeping her wardrobe nice and simple, especially considering travel and magic has more often then not ruined the clothing. Being fancy only meant spending more money just to have it ruined again. Mind, she did have cloths for special occasions, but they were very few.

Packed and ready, Raven headed downstairs and through the doorway. Her room had been paid the previous night, thankfully she kept it booked as the inn was becoming considerably full with people staying in town to heal from wounds or shock of what had happened the couple of nights ago. Or in hopes of reuniting with their missing family or friends. Raven shook her head at the thought; she of all people knew they were never going to see them again.

The town was still quiet during this time of day, so there were no delays in reaching the stables. The smell of horse, hay, and manure wasn't exactly ideal for Raven, it was far too strong for her and urged a headache, but after a short time she would become used to it. Hopefully she wouldn't be here long enough for that to happen, though. Getting the trip sooner than later was her goal at the moment. Sure enough, she found the irritating male by a horse, gently petting it. Raven stepped further into view, staff by her side as always.

"I sure hope you're not planning on stealing that horse."

((Will get better!))
The Hobbit

Offline caiktin

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 03, 2013, 09:39:53 am »
((No worries! XD I did the same, so that makes us about even now, huh?))

Noah caught Raven's approach out the corner of his eye, and let his hands drop to his sides as she drew nearer. He was pleased to find she was looking considerably more well-rested, which was a good thing since this traveling would probably take its toll on both of them. It would be twice as bad if one or both of them were still fatigued. The mage's comment made him chuckle, and he grinned slyly at her. "It would not be hard, dear Raven, given the time of day and how quiet it is. But would you believe, even I have boundaries." He looked back to the young mare, who's dark eyes were now peering at Raven curiously. "This is a fine horse, and she no doubt has formed a bond with her owner, as most men and horse do. To steal her would be to yank her away from the one she trusts wholeheartedly, and I have neither the time nor the patience to gain her trust this time round." Noah ran his hand gently down the delicate bridge of the mare's nose, before he turned fully to Raven, and gestured to the entrance she had just come through, indicating that they should get on.

With his small satchel upon his back, the mercenary thief began to head in that direction himself, squinting slightly from the glare of the rising sun. "I suppose you're wanting to know more about this intrepid quest of ours," he commented as they came to the entrance of the stables, which is where he turned towards the West. Over the looming trees of the Lynthia forest, the peaks of the tallest Skien mountains could be seen, their tips spear-heading the few clouds forming in the morning sky. He thought it would be about time to explain to Raven what this task actually involved, and where they would be heading.

((Short, I'm sorry! Will get better, hopefully when they start traveling my posts will lengthen.))

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 04, 2013, 03:12:50 am »
((Both our posts may be a little short until that happens, so it's completely fine lol Short posts happen every now and then xD))

Perhaps not, but I could make it more difficult by trying to stop you, Raven couldn't help but muse to herself. A few distracting spells and they would of made enough racket to have the town wake and the innkeeper running out here. Some of the Patrol would still be around, too, but that sounded far too much of a pain to deal with. Not to mention their mission would be delayed, whether Noah allowed himself to be caught or escape. Granted, it would of been very amusing for her, especially if it irritated him, but the consequences were far too bothersome. Still, it was quite a shocker to know he had his boundaries, more so as she listened to his reasoning. Noah didn't quite strike her as that type of person, so she had a rather hard time believing that, until he said the last bit.

"Huh, you almost had me going there," the mage replied in mild sarcasm. "Believing you actually cared about the bond between the horse and her owner. Then again, maybe you do, but you're just covering it up." This last part was added in musement, Raven reflecting thoughtfully as she so often did. But she gave a gesture of her staff, as if waving the thought away. The mage turned to the doorway and followed Noah outside, where she waited for him to lead the way. It wasn't like she knew where to go.

"Yes, details would be very much appreciated," she answered with the same tone of sarcasm.
The Hobbit