Author Topic: Demons of Epicaria. (IC) [Inactive since 24/02/2013]  (Read 8910 times)

Offline Verinian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Who knows what tomorrow will bring...
    • View Profile
Demons of Epicaria. (IC) [Inactive since 24/02/2013]
« on: February 04, 2013, 06:30:18 pm »
Potato.  My personal rule for a while now.  Is.  Everything must start with a potato...  So...  Potato.  Potato.  Potato.

Anyhow.  Now onto the RP.  You create the world with me.  I have no maps.  Simply this.  The north is cold.  The south is jungle and swamp.  East is mountains.  West is plains.  At center  meets the old forest.  It is a small world.  Horizons are short and curved compared to those you can see here on earth from the curve of the planet  Now onto other things.  Yes?

Feel free to be creative with where you are and what you are doing.  I will try my best to keep things flowing.  Why all these warnings?  Because I don't want you to be unprepared.

In any case.  This is the in character thread.  All your RPs are belong here.

Try to describe your equipment in your first post if you didn't in your app.  Or if you simply feel it makes a good introduction.

Verinian shrugged as he flipped a coin between his fingers and softly bit it.  Gold.  He smiled before pocketing it.  "Guess I'm just lucky then."  "Nyar.  You must have been cheating for a play like that!"  "No.  Count the cards and check the faces if you don't believe me."  "Fine then.  I will.  And you aren't going to move until I'm finished."  They focused now on checking the cards over.  as he blatantly stood and moved over to the bar.  They didn't even notice.  He grinned silently but shook his head.  "Gambling again?"  He shook his head.  "Yeah.  Guess I am."  "up to the same tricks then?"  "Nah.  I didn't cheat and use two decks this time.  Felt like being a little more even."  "Ahh."  The bartender smiled and laughed before moving away.  The man looked up.  And glanced about before finding him and moving over.  Grouchily.  "You had to of cheated!  I just don't know how..." 

"Well then can I go yet..?  I figure you have better things to do than lose more gold.  And I obviously have better things to do with my time."  He winked at the bartender who shrugged  at him.  "Oh fine.  Just go then ya scanty little...  Before I figure out how you did it..."  And with this he stepped out.  He wasn't a guard any more.  Meaning he could go wherever he wanted.  Do whatever he wished.  But instantly he found his footsteps walking, as practiced for the past several years for the training field.  Once green grass pounded down yellow by constant use.  It looked a little more dreary than it used to.  But it didn't quite matter as he approached a ring. 

Running his right hand across the wooden railing that flanked parallel each side the main path between rings.  Fighting rings marked by thin metal rings placed upon the ground.  Others moved about.  Younglings and orcs training.  Some others fighting for sport or quarrel.  He had no quarrels today.  But he felt it be nice for some sport before he decided 'bout where to set off...  Maybe he'd visit his mum and dad if he felt like it.  But for now he took a position in one ring.  Letting his leather vestings slide off his shoulders and hanging them over a railing.  And he waited for someone to accept.  His four blades rested crossed at waist and back.  Two shorter blades.  Single edged short swords of a defensive quality.  Durable and sturdy.  And two longer blades.  Very thin rapier.  Made for accuracy and quickness.  Crossed at his  shoulders. 

He loosened each sheath so that they stood by only the main band, the ends swinging slightly.  Which is what allowed his style.  Under the leather vestings he wore red lined black silk.  With golden threaded stitching.  Thin pants that reached only to his knees like shorts and a long sleeved shirt.  Accompanying his four blades a simple set of balanced silver throwing knives.  Though he loosened the bands on them and removed them.  Such were not for duels of sport.  Every blade was sheathed in thin hardened glassy obsidian.  A common material used in smithing by the demons.  He leaned back and rested.  Letting his mind wander as he listened.  Waiting for someone to take up the challenge.  Finally he heard footsteps approaching the ring. And opened his eyes.  Just an orc who passed by.  Meeting with another for some first blood sport.  The first to draw blood.  No major injuries.  He closed his eyes again.  And returned to waiting.  Another set of footsteps.  Leading closer this time.. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 12:24:01 pm by Scallywag »

The shadows that surround us.

The Plight of a Dragon.  Chapter 2

I...  Might literally be losing my mind...  It's scaring me... ;-;

Offline Dragoneer22

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • The power of Kashyykk will always shine through.
    • View Profile
Re: Demons of Epicaria. (IC)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 09:55:08 pm »
Dajorn walked closer to the demon. "Ye here to fight?" He said. At the moment, fighting the demon wasn't personal, just practice he needed. HIs plate armor clinked a lot, but was surprisingly comfortable.(Dwarven smithing.) His mace hung by a tight cord on his belt, and only his beard hung out from his helmet. He removed the plate helm though, as well as the pauldrons of his armor. Neither were necessary for dueling. His shield was held at his arm, like always. "Well, are ye?"

REEEPEEEENT!

Offline Dragoneer22

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 10:06:07 pm »
Leorah stood on her stage, waiting for the spotlights(That she made.) to come on and present her to the crowd. SHe smiled, keeping one hand on her top hat. "And now introducing...." Drum rolls in the background resounded. "Leorah Maliant, a most famed magician!" THe lights came on and she turned, holding the cane out towards the audience and tipping her top hat. She gave an affectionate wink to the cheering crowd, eager for magical entertainment. "Thank you all, for such a wonderful welcome!" She shouted in her excited and loud voice. "Let's get on the with the show, shall we?" SHe held out her arms as if asking a question. SHe turned gracefully, focusing her philogist into the diamond on the cane. When she completed the turn, she puled her hand back and behind her for effect. A beam of light shot up in the air, then exploded like fireworks. The crowd cheered in awe of her magic. She placed her cane down, balancing it so it wouldn't fall. She cupped her hands together and a light bloomed in them. Six sparkling fireworks sprayed out in all directions, then popped and fizzled away. The crowd chered more at her talent. now, I need to do it now while I have their attention! She thought. One hand cupped, and a light started to bloom again. THen something happened, something, died. Oh shi-! Her thoughts were cut off by a large explosion from her hand, sending her flying back omtp a crate. The audience went silent for a moment, then she lifted her thumb into the air to let them know she was alive. The crowd cheered and clapped for her performance. She stood up and bowed. The narrator on the loud-speaker rang out his voice. "Thank! Thank you all! Wasn't that brilliant? Remember to make your donations to each of ourblahblahblah..." His voice faded as a stunning headache hit her. She walked off the stage, holding her head.

REEEPEEEENT!

Offline tanatiger2002

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • #lolwut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 01:13:00 am »
Overa sat up on the roof of an abandond cottage.Her sword layed next to her as she started off into the woods.She was alone.Overa finaly moved her head and her white hair glided along her back as she did so.She picked up her sword and began to sharpen it with a random stone she found on the roof.Her grey-blue eyes glistend and she looked up as a crow swooped down from a tree branch to next to her.She frowed and lifted her sword at pointed it at the Crow.It screeched and flew away.Overa smirked and layed her sword back down and and sighed.

After a while she hoped down and made a small flame spark on the tip of her sword and began walking randomly around the forest.She looked ahead and saw a small town and decided to hang out on a roof of a building.So she made her black angel wing and glided onto one of the roofs of a building and listened to the cheering of a crowd in the building.
(I'll add more later)
???? ??? ?????

Need help? Feel Free to PM me!

Offline Dragoneer22

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 01:14:47 am »
She walked out of the large ampitheater(Of sorts) and stopped, still clutching her forehead. Her breath was little short. SHe looked around, trying to regain her bearings, when she spotted Overa. "Hello, who are you?" SHe asked with a tip of her top hat that was completely unessecary(Sp.). She twirled her cane a bit, trying to regain her appearence of confiedence.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:17:41 am by Tomas »

REEEPEEEENT!

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 01:39:19 am »
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:03:39 am by SoaringAway »

Offline tanatiger2002

• Dedicated Supporter
  • #lolwut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 02:59:03 am »
(im on a phone typing thus so no color at stuff)Overa looked sown and saw the woman down in the ground."I am Overa, you are?" She put her sword on her back and spread her wings and flew down to see hrmer face to face. When she landed get wings disappeared and she stood a respectful distance then sat on the ground.Her face was blank as she stared at the woman in front of her.
???? ??? ?????

Offline Verinian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Who knows what tomorrow will bring...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 06:39:09 am »
    Verinian's more serpentine eyes opened as he heard words spoken.  A dwarve stepping into the ring.  Dwarves weren't as short as people joked.  Some were a bit taller.  But the broadness of the is shoulders caused a sort of illusion.  Even if they never reached the full height of a human.  Dwarves were dwarves.  Short and stout.  He pushed himself up from the railing.  "Just for sport.  Fancy a game of touch?"  He asked calmly.  He had been waiting a fair amount of time already.  And hoped the dwarve would take up the offer, that he could continue on his way.  He let his wings fold tightly back behind him.  He didn't need them.  And they didn't provide true flight besides.  Only allowing him to heighten his jumps.  Or lengthen his falls.  

Each of his blades sheathed in black obsidian.  Dulled and shaved to a round shape.  The crystaline surface scored to remove all reflections of light.  Each blade inside.  A steel infused also with obsidian.  Giving them a lighter quality.  And a sharper edge.  Although they wore quickly.  They also sharpened very easily.  Obsidian steel.  A pitch black metal.  The sun overhead was high noon here.  A nice time for such a sport.  The weather was cooled by time of year.  But the birds of summer were just barely starting to leave to the swamplands for the winters.  But many a songbird could still be heard.  Leather and silk moccasins hardened with a thin wood plate under the heel.  A soft wood with a high flexibility.  

The shadows that surround us.

The Plight of a Dragon.  Chapter 2

I...  Might literally be losing my mind...  It's scaring me... ;-;

Offline Dragoneer22

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 11:48:53 pm »
"Of course. I need the practice." He picked up the mace, removing the flanges on the mace. He didn't want anyone dead. He circled his head, popping his neck into place. Let's just hope he doesn't know who I am and try to kill me. He thought as he moved in to his usual stance. Shield first, mace right behind it.

-------------------------------------------

"You don't know me?" Her grip tightened on her cane. Someone in the distance was screaming about a horrendous sunburn. "I was... just performing. I'm Leorah Maliant. If you want to join me, I was planning to go watch the dueling rings."

REEEPEEEENT!

Offline tanatiger2002

• Dedicated Supporter
  • #lolwut
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 11:56:44 pm »
Overa looked up at the woman from the ground, "No, I do not.Im not from around here," she whisperd loud enough for the woman to hear her "and sure, I could go watch somthing I guess." her expression was still blank as she stood and picked up her sword then slung in onto her back, her dress flowed and part of her hair fell on her eye.Overa pushed it back into place.
???? ??? ?????