Author Topic: Lion-sized Warrior Cats?  (Read 32348 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Lion-sized Warrior Cats?
« on: March 02, 2013, 10:49:54 pm »
Have you ever noticed that some Warrior Cats characters out in Flourite Plains are bigger than what cats would be in reality. And I'm not saying some of these warrior characters are the size of a maine coon cat, but more like the size of a LION. That's not a domestic cat, that's Arnold Schwartzakitty!!  :o
Some of the people who play as warrior cats make big tom cats that are pretty much the size of the average mountain lion. They figure "Bigger is better." Come on... bigger isn't always better. Plus it's not very realistic in a Warriors RP that is meant to be realistic.

The fox characters I have are at medium size but they still come out smaller than some of these cats I encounter (even when in reality, foxes are bigger than domestic cats). In fact, I once ran into some warrior cats as Kopper Fox, and of course many of the cats were alot bigger than Kopper was. One of the warrior cat players said to the others, "Why is it that some of you make your cats so big? In reality foxes are bigger than cats. Something's not right here. This is so unrealistic." I have to applaude that person.
Even when I play as my bobcat character, and belive me I made him the size a normal bobcat should be, he still comes up short compared to some of the warrior cats I run into. And when some of these big bad warrior cats pick a fight with my bobcat character they will sometimes say "I am bigger and more powerful than YOU!" Yeah, if you were a maine coon maybe.... which they weren't. ::) In reality a bobcat would defeat a common domestic house cat, no problem. I used to live in a farm area where domestic cats would be killed by bobcats.

Do these pictures explain things better? They are pretty accurate.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here are a few video references to compare common housecats to larger predators

Funny thing is that some of the warrior cats I have met were the size of the cougar on the picture above. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on anyone who has great big lion-sized warrior... but I am just wondering why you have to make them so BIG. What do you think about this?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:48:21 pm by LadyAlizarin »
Inactive

Offline kopat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • ?I ? Big Cats?
    • View Profile
Re: Lion-sized Warrior Cats?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 11:11:05 pm »
XD, When I was on my warrior cat character, I saw you, and our clan was crowding around you.... They were huge compared to Kopper..... I really don't think it's realistic, as my warrior is very tiny compared to my clanmates...

Offline Goldchocobo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
    • Aquachocobo
    • GoldchocoboFH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 03:11:00 am »
I think it's because if the cats were a realistic size, then the Kits wuld just be a little bit smaller than a fully grown cat due to FH's sizes. I usually keep my cat characters small or realistic in terms of how big a toyger/tabby American shorthair cat cross would be, but then I get stick for "your apprentice size! not warrior size grow a bit!" and I'm usually "I'm being realistic- your the size of a dog!"

Sometimes I hate being realistically picky with my RPs and RP characters because I usually get shouted and or I can actually hear their sighs of annoyance.
But that is what I put it too- FH size restiction. They need to be bigger in order for the size of their kits to be kit-sized rather than almost the same size as them.

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 11:09:36 pm »
I think FH should add something to when your making your character on the height section it has Lion size (points arrow to normal lion size) and Wolf Size (points arrow to normal wolf size),it would make rps a bit a more realistic,but I agree.When I was on my hawk character going to catch a kit,this random warrior the size of a St. Bernard comes up and says 'Bites the hawk's wing in half nn!' So yea..I never make my warriors a certain size tall to keep my realisticness level up,but there are sometimes warrior cats in which their size is so great they can qualify for lions.

Offline 580star

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 11:18:57 pm »
I totally agree with you, I have an Apprentice that is a Suitable Size,{Keep it mind this was a Realistic Clan, They don't even allow Manes.} Well, There was a Kit that was HUGE, Bigger than my Character. In OOC the person would often describe how they would Roleplay their kit "Lifting weights". Aahah, Okay. Something isn't right? The Roleplay was Literate as well. I just sat there like "Hmm..". If you see me in the Chat on FeralHeart, Most of the Time I'll go "Hmm.." when I don't appreciate what someone is typing or I'm rather annoyed with them. Needless to say, I hardly join Warrior cat clans now due to their Un-Realistic Sizes & Utter belief in Making their Cats the Biggest size possible.

BouncyLion101

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 01:33:33 am »
I just think it's pretty hilarious.
Once I had a teen lion and he was the size that he should be, and there was a warrior cat nearby.
Almost all of the cats were as big as my character. -_-

But this doesn't really bother me much because I don't usually join warrior cat clans. c:

Offline MoonRose12

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Georgia Bulldogs for the win! Weewt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 01:52:53 am »
Well, I think that if you'd look a real size that you'd pretty much be classified as a kit. Like my character, Winterfeather, is pretty small compared to others and she's classified as an apprentice.
Also, one of my older male characters(I'm really a girl in real life) has a bone disease(like my dead cat, Poke. R.I.P.) and he's supper huge. So I guess in some was, unless they don't have that weird disease to explain it, it is realistic. :)
Great, great ,-c- granddaughter of two US presidents!
Presets are /FREE/ now until the end of this year! Get them /now/ before I close this off!
Map making is going on! Check out my DA for more information!

Dedicated Grammar Nazi 2013-2014[/color

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 02:26:09 am »
The only plausible reason behind having such huge warriors would be if they were in a private map, Rping apart themselves. As Goldchocobo mentioned, they usually do this to make a more noticeable difference in size when compared to kits, etc.

And so, if they were in a private map, they could conceivably make bigger characters, so long as everything else was in proportion. It would be like looking at them with a magnifying glass, in a way. ^-^"
While I don't see anything wrong with it that way, I don't like seeing warriors the size of lions trying to fight other animals. That's where the unrealistic derpiness steps in.

So. I feel ya. . c:>
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 02:43:58 am »
Cats should be smaller but the thing is if your adult cats are small then the kits will be pretty big even though they are as small as they can get.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline Demonology

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 12:21:16 am »
 I have seen so many warrior cats that has the weight, height all that maxed out it is a little annoying when I go to join a clan and I'm a 4th the size of everyone else.  :-\

You saw nothing.