Author Topic: Lion-sized Warrior Cats?  (Read 32343 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: Lion-sized Warrior Cats?
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 04:29:43 am »

I understand the whole proportion thing but whenever I've made cat characters I like to make them the normal size of a cat. I don't see why people are complaining so much that if they use the "normal" size then they are the size of a kit and there's no differentiation between them. Not true. I've RPed a few times with small sized cats that have kits smaller than them but are all still at normal size. I also prefer smaller cats since it makes the environment larger and things that could normally not be used as dens before can be at the smaller size. Example like the scattered rocks around Fluorite. If you're on a big lion sized cat they are just rocks... If you're on a normal sized cat you can pretend they are dens.

Like White says what really annoys me is when these lion sized cats use their size as an excuse to attack creatures that would normally be larger than them... -_- It happens to me all the time. I sometimes walk around as my lion version of Lord Suragaha and some lion sized warrior cat kills me. Other times I've seen wolves in a pack get attacked and killed by a single lion sized warrior cat... It's ridiculous. I mean can you imagine a cat killing a lion or a wolf?

I don't know about you, but I've never seen a cat kill an entire pack of wolves in reality before. If ever a thing did happen, we would hear about it on a front page news story on an epic Animal Planet show called "When Little Animals Attack and KILL Big Beasts!"  :o

But seriously, it is very annoying to run into players on here who think that a common darn housecat can take on a big wolf or a lion, etc. Luckily, I have found a few sane Warrior Cats roleplayers who don't partake in that kind of nonsense. There was one I met today when I was roleplaying as Kojak the bobcat, and my friend was roleplaying as one of her warrior characters. Me and my friend's characters were acting aggressive toward one another, and this one cat out of no where was saying to my friend, "I admire your bravery, but the bobcat could easily overpower you." YAY! I applaud you, kind stranger for showing some common sense (my friend knew that, but we weren't really going to fight physically and kill each other). There was this other random cat around us that wanted to get involved into our fight and was trying everything in the book to make Kojak angry and attack her. So I just had my character ignore her until she finally gave up and stormed off.

This goes to show you that there are Warrior Cats roleplayers who know a thing or two about nature and logic. They are hard to find, but they are out there.
Inactive

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 02:27:42 pm »
i RP warriors cats lots and if i make a large cat its about halfqway on the scale and usualy a maincoon or large brawn/silver tabby tom.
if i play a female or normal tom i usaly set it to a bit below halfway.
i tihnk they make them big so that the apps and kits can be smaller...
but if i run into a lion or wolf, even if im bigger i will try and RP as if i was a small house cat
but i was in a RP once where the cats claimed to be gifted with the size of a lion....that RP died e.e.
idrk..

Offline MoonRose12

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Georgia Bulldogs for the win! Weewt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 01:38:11 am »
I don't really get why this is such a big deal. They create them big because it's a cat roleplay. And it's a cat roleplay mushed with Feralheart sizes.

I really don't think that it would be fun to run around as a very tiny character, in a very large map, with a lot of other tiny characters. Think of it as. "Realistically and ICly we are not as big as you. But due to FH sizes we were forced to be this size" kind of thing.

They wouldn't be as big as a lion realistically.
And they wouldn't be as big as a dog, wolf, or wild cat realistically.
See, I totally understand that kind of thing.
As I said before, though, I think it's different when these giant warrior's decide to challenge/fight, or simply roleplay with real 'big cats', that actually should be large like that.
It isn't all that big of a deal, though, when they're just roleplaying together, as one group of warriors, and no other animals are taken into account.

Proportion issues. ;P

I understand the whole proportion thing but whenever I've made cat characters I like to make them the normal size of a cat. I don't see why people are complaining so much that if they use the "normal" size then they are the size of a kit and there's no differentiation between them. Not true. I've RPed a few times with small sized cats that have kits smaller than them but are all still at normal size. I also prefer smaller cats since it makes the environment larger and things that could normally not be used as dens before can be at the smaller size. Example like the scattered rocks around Fluorite. If you're on a big lion sized cat they are just rocks... If you're on a normal sized cat you can pretend they are dens.

Like White says what really annoys me is when these lion sized cats use their size as an excuse to attack creatures that would normally be larger than them... -_- It happens to me all the time. I sometimes walk around as my lion version of Lord Suragaha and some lion sized warrior cat kills me. Other times I've seen wolves in a pack get attacked and killed by a single lion sized warrior cat... It's ridiculous. I mean can you imagine a cat killing a lion or a wolf?
Now I do agree with you there. I was walking around on my runt warrior cat and I came across these HUGE tom-cats attacking 2 foxes. Of course, being the softy that I am, helped the foxes. Eventually I realized that they were just using their size as an excuse to attack and kill whole packs. So I came up to the supposed "leader" and told him that his sizes were unrealistic and that, in real life, a good-sized fox could kill a group of 3 to 4 cats. So he finally jumped back to reality and realized he looked like a lion in a cat suit.

Eventually I went to recruit and I saw this gigantic she-cat bigger than a male. It was awkward and I told her that I would accept semi-large cats but not HER size. She changed it to the size of a KIT. I freaked out and she said that she wanted to be smaller than me and my character was already that size of a NEW apprentice.

In some terms it could be realistic. If they were in a private map where no other creature could come in, that'd be perfectly normal. Poke was a huge cat because he had a growth disease. It was sad because, eventually, that cat would die unless treated. Tigerclaw was an unusually large cat if you take that in mind. It could just be because he worked for a good amount of time as an apprentice, warrior, and kit. Or it could be just because he was an unusually big-boned cat.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 01:43:49 am by Briller<3 »
Great, great ,-c- granddaughter of two US presidents!
Presets are /FREE/ now until the end of this year! Get them /now/ before I close this off!
Map making is going on! Check out my DA for more information!

Dedicated Grammar Nazi 2013-2014[/color

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 05:54:59 pm »
Now I do agree with you there. I was walking around on my runt warrior cat and I came across these HUGE tom-cats attacking 2 foxes. Of course, being the softy that I am, helped the foxes. Eventually I realized that they were just using their size as an excuse to attack and kill whole packs. So I came up to the supposed "leader" and told him that his sizes were unrealistic and that, in real life, a good-sized fox could kill a group of 3 to 4 cats. So he finally jumped back to reality and realized he looked like a lion in a cat suit.

Eventually I went to recruit and I saw this gigantic she-cat bigger than a male. It was awkward and I told her that I would accept semi-large cats but not HER size. She changed it to the size of a KIT. I freaked out and she said that she wanted to be smaller than me and my character was already that size of a NEW apprentice.

In some terms it could be realistic. If they were in a private map where no other creature could come in, that'd be perfectly normal. Poke was a huge cat because he had a growth disease. It was sad because, eventually, that cat would die unless treated. Tigerclaw was an unusually large cat if you take that in mind. It could just be because he worked for a good amount of time as an apprentice, warrior, and kit. Or it could be just because he was an unusually big-boned cat.

very good point here.
like i said, if i make a big cat for RP size perpoise and we run into a fox, i RP as if i was smaller even if im bigger than them.

Yes i learn how to change word color ^.^
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:57:08 pm by mossstar »

Offline MoonRose12

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 06:41:40 pm »

very good point here.
like i said, if i make a big cat for RP size perpoise and we run into a fox, i RP as if i was smaller even if im bigger than them.

Yes i learn how to change word color ^.^
Lol, I know the coding. It's simple xD Anyways, that's how I RP. Taking in the fact that I am making a map that has A Warrior Tribe,  Wolf Pack, Fox woods, and Badgers.
Presets are /FREE/ now until the end of this year! Get them /now/ before I close this off!

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 11:30:51 pm »
good luck with that.

Offline MoonRose12

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 11:34:03 pm »
Thanks.

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 11:42:41 pm »
Ok, ok. I know I am a bit of teh epicness of derpiness know as random lion-sized warrior cats. XD
But I will never max out anything, since I don't really like bulky animals in FH, they look choppy a bit ^^'
A N Y W A Y, before I get myself too off-topic, it's because of the relative FH sizes, they don't exactly have perfect house cat sizes. >.<
But, yes. It is because kits are the smallest size, usually, and stuff like that. ^^

And, I think it's very out of character for the wild Clan cats to say '-actaks muthur egel an hr babbes-' it irritates me and makes me want to throw them into a bucket of lava. -_-

Offline i_like_cats

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Crazy Cat Person
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2013, 05:29:34 am »
I've seen many warrior cat characters like this. All the size of lions and stuff. And I've seen the opposite swell. Where there are warrior characters that are the size of kits. (lol... wut?)

But just to clear things up, Maine coons are very big. I believe they are the second biggest domesticated cat breed in the world. So of corse they are going to often be bigger then regular cats. Just not ridiculously huge. I have made Maine coon characters in the past but I kept them to size and add all the necessary fur, but most of the time people claim to be Maine coons although look nothing like one.

(If you would like to see a Maine coon, look in my signature. Thats my little kitty, who is a female Maine coon.)

Edit: Comparison of a regular cat(Okay, maybe a young cat) to a Maine coon

*Note... this is not my picture*
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:45:31 am by cats_rock »

My kitty, Kimshi.

Offline Smilodoncat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2013, 12:58:01 pm »
I get kind of annoyed by that. Once I was on my doberman character and I came across a group of warrior cats, all much bigger than me. Cats are not bigger than dobermans. Then the cats all started attacking me and powerplaying, so I just left.

Also, can people not make their warrior cats look like cats? They have a option called "Cat Ears" for a reason you know (Neko Ears works too), but everyone uses "normal ears". They also leave the muzzle way to long for a domestic cat, and I've seen many warrior cats with lion tails. I mean really, most warrior cats I see just look like bizarrely colored big cats; but it's really it's pretty easy to make a domestic cat. I think people just get lazy so they leave the default and just change the color and mane and such.