Author Topic: Why is everyone so negative against Warrior Cats?  (Read 26008 times)

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Why is everyone so negative against Warrior Cats?
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2013, 01:49:01 pm »
I am, personally, not against Warrior Cats at all. I have read the books, know the tales, and I'm glad that the FeralHeart community is becoming a big fan of Erin Hunter's creation. It's not the Warrior Cats that I dislike, it's the individuals who often power-play and god-mod that tilt me off. It's just that, during my years of FeralHeart, some Warrior Cats that I have met so happened to be a power-player/god-modder and I'm guessing those spoiled apples so happened to get around and make other players view the whole bunch as rotten. That's just my perspective.
gone

Offline allisonw2000

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Jasper there breaking my things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2013, 02:09:48 pm »
Warriors do tend to powerplay alot leaders can cheat with there 9 lives like in Toontown for example (there Warrior rps are worst then Fh) One leader has died at least 15 times and she still is the leader, or when a leader leaves i've seen this before she comes back and says she still leader or like one time I was on my wolf and fought some them and they were able to fight me some how even one said they killed me and I was just like no just no. :I

Offline gemsbokian

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Meepy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2013, 03:25:52 pm »
Hmm... I've tried to join WC roleplays, and the people in them ignore me, so I wouldn't know. They huddle off in little groups and ignore anyone else, as far as I know. I love Warrior Cats, but most of the groups based on them are terrible and corny. >.< I have yet to see a good one.  :'(
(~><~(Meep!)~><~)

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2013, 03:47:40 pm »
One thing I've noticed is that many who have posted in this thread often plead for "more original" warrior clans.
But, then, they turn around and end up with situations like Lady Alizarin described, which I think is ridiculous that they'd bash her for making her original storyline. I think it sounds neat, and a breath of fresh air.

However, here's one thing that seems to lack in many 'traditional" or (I use this term loosely) "realistic" Clans I've joined in the past.
That is, sticking to the "warrior code."
The reason they're so popular is that the way warriors are structured gives them their own plots, in a way, and allows for rules to be broken and, when followed, can make for an interesting scene and storyline that characters must follow or struggle against, continuing the storyline.

For that, I enjoy warrior RPs.
But, it seems so many call themselves legitimate clans, and then fail to adhere to the "warrior code" they all preach about when they go to attack some other clan.
I had one experience where a Clan leader (a female) called her Clan together to announce that she was pregnant, reputedly her kits having been blessed upon her from StarClan itself.
Of course, having read the books, I know that female clan leaders, deputies, and med cats cannot have kits of their own, since they have duties to handle with the Clan itself. So even though this leader claimed to have gotten her kits from StarClan, in the books it would have been an outrage from her Clan! What would they do if their leader was heavily pregnant with kits, and couldn't help them in the midst of a battle? Had StarClan caused her to break Clan law?
These were the thoughts going through my own cat's head, and the leader herself said that she intended to cause that worry among the Clan to help start a plotline (which I thought was awesome).
So, myself and another cat was caught up in the suspense of the plot the leader had laid out, but all the other cats completely ignored it and ran along with their own little stories, blissfully unaware of the potentially rich and suspenseful storyline that could have ensued.
Looking for originality? Why not the battle between duty and suspicion of wrongdoing someone is laying out right in front of your nose?
So, when nobody ever acknowledged it, I got bored fairly quickly, as did the Clan.

This said, I think even "traditional" Clans could be so much more interesting if users would actually research what lies in the deeper parts of their RP, and follow it. Otherwise, you're just picking and choosing what you like the thought of (in many cases, that being fighting and attacking others), and ignoring the rest.
That's where I could also see warrior RPs not being as sparkly and appealing to some as it otherwise would have been by only reading the books.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||