Author Topic: Mate Centers  (Read 1642 times)

Offline bluemushrooms

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
Mate Centers
« on: September 10, 2013, 09:50:25 pm »
mat centurz

wat u tink about tem

Offline nubeees

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Mate Centers
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 10:06:21 pm »
They are annoying and cause necessary lag, in my opinion.

Offline WildWolf#1

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • pottymouth posse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 07:24:33 am »
Pretty pointless. I tried it once and all I got was a bunch of lag and a noob that wanted "kiss" me. -.-

spirit, who could not be broken

Offline Riku.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • hella gay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 07:46:33 am »
ITS RANT TIME!
So, I think mate centres are a bunch of lag and unneeded spam in bonfire, I don't lag like crazy but it's a tad annoying when some one yells "MATE CTER IS OPNE" And generally You get spammed in local, I really find it annoying, But I was thinking if it was not allowed, That would make the game less laggy for users, so I Am okay with adoption centres, But mate centers nope not okay with.
i'm kat and i have an undying love for kingdom hearts & danganronpa. i don't even play fh anymore lmao

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 11:07:39 am »
I find it kind of ridiculous when people at the Mate Center are like: "OMG THERE'S NO MORE GUYS.", "WE NEED MALES." Which is odd, considering the mate center's name is --> "Mate Center M" -.-?

So I'm going to assume that Mate Centers are for desperate people that don't have "time" to Rp and actually get a mate. And this is bad because I've seen teenage lions be parted with demons and I'm just like- HOW?!?!?!

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 12:43:58 pm »
Oh how I've witnessed a conversation like this many times. However, when it comes to Mate Centers, I actually don't mind them. They've done nothing generally wrong to me so I found no general reason to bestow hatred to all of them. They're human beings behind that computer screen too. Now don't get me wrong for I'd prefer if individuals actually went out and found their soul mates through roleplay and an actual bondage. Though that's not my decision to make for it is their character(s), not mine. Yes, they do cause major lag and can be annoying, though one must take in mind that it might be someone young playing the character, viewing the game more like a socializing game and not yet knowing how to roleplay nor what it even is. I've also witnessed how most people create Mate Centers out of sheer boredom. Let's admit it, we do weird/bizarre things when we're bored too. I know I do.
Besides the point, one thing I mainly view as a problem with Mate Centers is sometimes they and/or the individuals can get a bit out of hand and start speaking or acting vulgar. But that doesn't happen very much in my personal experience.
Simply put, Mate Centers are in a neutral zone with me. I don't mind them as long as they don't disrupt me and/or the community.
gone

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 03:42:00 pm »
Mate Centers are very often neutral with me. I do find it a bit baffling, yes, and then I find it as simply an activity that keeps other people occupied for as long as they like. I've never had a problem with it other than the occasional lag time. I see it as long as they do not disrupt anyone around them and remain appropriate to the game and its audience, then I would just leave them be. However when there does seem to be that selected few of individuals who cause disturbance or disrespect to other players, then I would see it to being problematic. 
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 04:22:20 pm »
Okay, I will TRY not to rant, but hey, I need to defend myself from some of your comments (Yes, i am a Mate Center *Puts on Pixelated Glasses* Deal With It.)  I have only on MC char, andI use it only when I am bored, and just so YOU all know, there has always been a lot of lag in Bonfire, and always will be because it is fairly popular, and of course,  most people want something to blame it on, and low and behold, they blamed MCs.
Now, all that Lag is NOT the cause of one MC, normally, the people that come there have ALREADY been there in the first place before, waiting for something to d, and the sometimes join a MC because, lots of funny and hilarious things happen there, and tis not just about getting a mate, it shows some peoples taste in pelt colors and humor, Sorry if you think I am crazy and disagree with me, but I am only stating things that I my-self have Observed,  it might not all be true, but most of what I said rings a bell somewhere.

Thank You For Your Time,

~Warrior

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972