Author Topic: Other Mods/Creations Requests and Find child board?  (Read 4487 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Other Mods/Creations Requests and Find child board?
« on: November 17, 2013, 10:38:21 pm »
Other Mods/Creations Requests and Find child board?

Most people who roam the forum might have noticed that there is a 'Request' and/or 'Find' Child board in the 'FeralHeart Addons & Mods' section for each link. But have you also noticed there isn't one for Other Mods/Creations? Well let me skip to the whole point to why I made this Input topic.

I think that we should add a Child board named 'Other Mods/Creation Request and Findings'. In my opinion I strongly believe this Child board will fit in pretty well since things are getting a little untidy around here. What will we use this for? Well for people's requests and findings for other creations of course! Example; Requests for Map music, Running effects, Fur textures..etc.. Or even for findings to share what other members have made to do with the previous suggested requests.

It would also be a great help to keep things tidy around here too. Another example, when you select the 'Other Mods/Creations' Board you will probably expect to see what people have put effort into making for us all, but instead you might see requests and findings. See what point I'm getting to here?

Anyway, this is just a suggestion for now and I'd love to see more feedback from you guys! Spread the word like a wild fire!

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Re: Other Mods/Creations Requests and Find child board?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 03:28:18 pm »
That's a lovley Idea, BigBangTheory. I think it would be a nice idea to add, and so far your idea is the most suitable one I have read. I wish one day we can add that. +floof

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 01:48:02 pm »
Great idea, this would certainly help!

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 06:11:40 pm »
Hmm, this isn't at all a bad idea.

You do have a valid point, and there are request boards in all of the FH Addons & Mods child boards, except for other Mods/Creations. So, it would make sense that we'd have an extra there.

My only concern is that we don't want to bring in an extra board if it isn't going to be used very much. For example, I looked at the other Mods/Creations board, and I saw a total of three posts asking for a certain game mod (the rest were finished products ready for download). Generally, three posts do not an entire board make, even if there are a few more hiding in older threads.

However, in the name of tidiness, we also don't want requests to be mixed in with finished products, if we can help it.

This said, it may be worth looking into, but it may also be something we'll need to live with until it seems like this "catch-all" board is really needing some extra organization (say, if more people were to begin requesting in here for the odds-and-ends that don't fit in the other sections). I'll throw this to some of the older staff, as well, since I wasn't there to see the thought process behind the first request boards that'd been made. I'm fairly neutral-positive on this, but I'm sure they'll be able to shed some light on it and add the board if seen necessary (be it now or later).

As always, thanks for the input, Buffy. <3
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 07:11:05 pm »
This is a pretty good idea is you ask me, I'd like it to be implemented.~

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 03:38:52 pm »
Hmm, this isn't at all a bad idea.

You do have a valid point, and there are request boards in all of the FH Addons & Mods child boards, except for other Mods/Creations. So, it would make sense that we'd have an extra there.

My only concern is that we don't want to bring in an extra board if it isn't going to be used very much. For example, I looked at the other Mods/Creations board, and I saw a total of three posts asking for a certain game mod (the rest were finished products ready for download). Generally, three posts do not an entire board make, even if there are a few more hiding in older threads.

However, in the name of tidiness, we also don't want requests to be mixed in with finished products, if we can help it.

This said, it may be worth looking into, but it may also be something we'll need to live with until it seems like this "catch-all" board is really needing some extra organization (say, if more people were to begin requesting in here for the odds-and-ends that don't fit in the other sections). I'll throw this to some of the older staff, as well, since I wasn't there to see the thought process behind the first request boards that'd been made. I'm fairly neutral-positive on this, but I'm sure they'll be able to shed some light on it and add the board if seen necessary (be it now or later).

As always, thanks for the input, Buffy. <3

I do indeed agree with you there concerning whether or not it will be used. However it would be a great way to make thinks more organized for future reasons. Over the past few months I have seen a few requests, relating to my input subject, popping up in places like; Game Help, Other Mods/Creations and sometimes in the Off topic board.

But as you said, its something to look into and I'm sure that it will grow with threads just like the forum did~
Also, thanks for the support everyone :)

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 07:00:11 am »
This is a really nice idea, Buffy. My, how you are always full of ideas.

? Signature by Pokrovka ?

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 07:04:36 pm »
Okieee, this idea has been approved. :3

The new Request Other Mods/Creations board has been created, and the request threads are currently being sorted in their appropriate sections. Thankya for the input, Buffy. +Floof for yew. c:

Locking this thread, now that the idea has been implemented.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||