Poll

They......

ruined it
34 (87.2%)
D;
5 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Spyro the Dragon: What have they done? D:  (Read 15750 times)

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
Re: Spyro the Dragon: What have they done? D:
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2011, 10:52:03 am »
I told my sister about Skylanders and showed her the pics, and she is a major Spyro fan, having also growing up with it.

She was devastated and completely agrees with Spyro being ruined xD
When I first tried explaining to her about there being a new Spyro game, at first she was excited until I showed her the pictures XD

Poor Spyro! Dx
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline Aval0n

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Noot noot~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2011, 12:38:39 am »
Really? I heard a tiny bit about it and it sounds good!
*looks up the game*
AHH WTF IS THAT THING?!  O_O

Darnit, that isn't Spryo, it looks nothing like him! Unless there was a paradox where his father was replaced by a rat, there is no way that can be the purple dragon we all know so well!
Also, what are they thinking, trying to make us go toys to enhance game play a little bit for each one we buy?! Cheap much? And there is no way I'm going to sacrifice my dignity by going to the toys section and buying a little strange figure so that everyone can give me a weird look!  >:(
In-game username: Aval0n

FirestarLuva

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2011, 07:22:46 pm »
I've been playing Spyro since I was 7. I started off with Spyro The Dragon, then YOTD, GTG. I was so excited about the Legend of Spyro series. It's my favourite actually. I wish they could make a sequel to Dawn of the Dragon, with Cynder, Sparx, Hunter and the others (R.I.P. Ignitus ;( ) I'm particually mad at Skylanders, it's nothing like Spyro. I didn't expect Activision to do this. Spyro was the thing that I was most connected in my childhood. He made me grow up, so I'm pretty attached to the game. I even got a PS2 just for the LOS series. But I guess we've just seen the last of Spyro. I pray he would reach his peak again. Now my fav game is Okami, another wonderful game, that I hope it won't get ruined the same way. ;(

Offline EssenceOfShadow

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2011, 07:55:37 pm »
OMG THIS THREAD <33333
I love Spyro. In fact, I have a giant plushie next to my bed. SHOOT THE FANGIRL. SHOOT HER.

I played Spyro since I could hold a remote X3 And I still love Spyro.

The old games, the first series aren't my favorites though. There's no good plot... storyline.. thing..

My favorite would have to be The Legend of Spyro. It had good graphics, a decent storyline (Though they should have kept to the original game plot more.) and a great villain who wasn't a total idiot.

All three were super easy though-- (You know it's easy if I can beat it.) That's the only thing I don't like about it.

Skylanders. What have you done. To my little purple dragon. Who ever thought up the character designs.... was a cave man. WHERES SPARKS?! Where are Sparks and Cynder and Ember and Flame?! DD:

....ahem. That doesn't mean I wont buy the game. Because I'm going to buy that consul just to play that game.

....Pointless post which will get me bites, /over./
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:57:59 pm by Saleana »

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2011, 08:00:12 pm »
^ I'm so pissed off. I heard that they were REMOVING Cynder AND Sparx. They ruined Spyro. ;w;

Offline Fussyjason

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2011, 10:47:13 pm »
Spyro is like...AWESOME in A New Beginning, Eternal Night and somewhat okay in Dawn of a Dragon, jut a little too...I dunno what word I'm looking for but he doesn't look at good as in Dawn of The Dragon. And about Cynder, she is awesome-looking in A new Beginning + Eternal Night but she is PURPLE in Dawn of The Dragon. D= They ruined her! Cynder wuz mai favorite....And still is, even if she is my least favorite color. <3
And Skylanders, OMG! I looked it up on sites and holy....that is horrible.

Offline Irisiridescent

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2011, 03:31:46 am »
I too am a partaker in the Spyro games.

The first one was pretty cool.

The second was okay, it expanded on the world.

The third was....also okay, I rather enjoyed it.

I stopped playing after that and watched as Spyro got progressively worse and worse. Really I didn't take too well to all the new characters they were throwing in, but that was just me.

I just looked at Skylanders...and...and...*sobs* :'(

^ I'm so pissed off. I heard that they were REMOVING Cynder AND Sparx. They ruined Spyro. ;w;

What? They're removing Sparx? Okay I can do without Cynder, didn't know her too well, but Sparx!?

R.I.P. Spyro games

Offline Fussyjason

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2011, 12:45:14 pm »
I too am a partaker in the Spyro games.

The first one was pretty cool.

The second was okay, it expanded on the world.

The third was....also okay, I rather enjoyed it.

I stopped playing after that and watched as Spyro got progressively worse and worse. Really I didn't take too well to all the new characters they were throwing in, but that was just me.

I just looked at Skylanders...and...and...*sobs* :'(

What? They're removing Sparx? Okay I can do without Cynder, didn't know her too well, but Sparx!?

R.I.P. Spyro games

WHAT?! How can you say that! "Okay I can do without Cynder, didn't know her too well, but Sparx!?"
Cynder is what makes the game AWESOME! Well, did, anyway.

Rukata

« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2011, 11:23:26 pm »
I'm totally for all three of the original games, Spyro the Dragon, Riptos Rage, and Year of the Dragon (my personal fav.). Year of the Dragonfly pretty much sucked.

I only like the third Legend of Spyro game.. because I get to fly.. as Cynder.. with my favorite breath power, FEEEEAR.
But the Skylander one? No. No, no, nono.. I SHALL BURN EET! -gets out pitchfork-

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2011, 11:30:36 pm »
Lol, when I saw the new Spyro design I was like, "OHGAWD, KILL IT WITH FIRE!!"