Poll

Do you take part in forum roleplays?

No, I never roleplay on forums.
4 (17.4%)
I do it once in a while.
7 (30.4%)
I tend to roleplay on forums and chats quite a lot.
8 (34.8%)
I do forum roleplaying all the time! It's my life.
4 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Exclusive Forum Roleplaying Trend(How common is it?)  (Read 2393 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Exclusive Forum Roleplaying Trend(How common is it?)
« on: January 06, 2014, 11:22:08 am »
This is out of my personal curiosity, how many people on here or out there in general tend to forum roleplays, posting in their threads and boards on various sites on the internet?

Personally I have never been the superb roleplaying user, and when it comes to Forum roleplays or roleplaying I have been quite turned off or avoided it in general so my knowledge around this particular question is very shallow. A vote in the poll if you're stopping by would help a lot.

One of the bigger reasons why I'm asking this here on this forum is basically because I am hosting my own forum that I'm looking to expand as time goes on, I've asked myself if maybe it would be worthwhile to modify the forum to hold a more vast community of roleplaying users and give them a second home or another pleasant forum to go to to spend some time in(if you want to know more then let me know). But I do want to check first and see just the general interest of forum roleplaying before turning it into a thing.

A forum is nothing without the users in it, and having nothing that binds like a game for example, it can be a rough business. Maybe someone got some tips or ideas as well of where to look or things worth thinking about too. Anything that could be helpful really. But do you roleplay on forums, and if so, how much?
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Trixxy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Exclusive Forum Roleplaying Trend(How common is it?)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 11:39:28 am »
I often times find myself Roleplaying over various websites and forums as its interesting and fun! It's like writing a story except it can go in any direction as it is more than one person roleplaying with you. As for your idea, sounds interesting and I would love to hear more about it!

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 12:12:15 pm »
Well, I do tent to Roleplay, but chat aswell. Hehe.
(Lol, got nothing else to say. >.< )

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 12:48:03 pm »
And how often do you log on to solitary make roleplay posts on a forum Hackers? Is it a few times a day, a few times a week or less?

I often times find myself Roleplaying over various websites and forums as its interesting and fun! It's like writing a story except it can go in any direction as it is more than one person roleplaying with you. As for your idea, sounds interesting and I would love to hear more about it!
The quickest way to explain it is that I have a fully functional forum with some custom mods installed that does nothing but scream for life. So far it has been bound to more chatting and some game related sections, but I've thought about expanding it even further and maybe make a full fledged roleplay section with various child boards to fit potential roleplayers needs. Right now however there's not a single post in the Roleplay board or any child boards organized for it, a fish in a bucket with other words.

I do not believe I myself would be able to kickstart such a section on the forum with random roleplays and invite friends to build it up due to limited time and interest to this, but I'd not mind trying to host a bigger roleplay board for others and get the forum/site a bit more lively. Some that know me might've heard of the forum before, and I will gladly provide a link if anyone would want to start something new there and invite some friends to join roleplaying.

With the right people there I know everyone would enjoy to take use of the forum, but I'm a bit concerned how big of an interest there is out "there" for forum roleplaying.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 11:37:07 pm »
I find myself drifting over to the roleplay section quite often. I'm involved in numerous roleplays and have a few roleplay threads of my own, though I have been slacking currently simply because I'm busy with life
. I just enjoy the idea of creating unique characters and personalities and going through things through said character's point of view. It's fun and interesting to be someone/something else for a change. c:
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 01:59:53 am »
I role play mainly on the forums, I can't find the time to do it in game anymore.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 02:11:20 am »
I tend to lean towards the roleplay forums, if there is one. I enjoy roleplaying, almost like addicted to it. I enjoy the creativity of the roleplay, and how it is sorted out. I've noticed, for some websites  I have visited, they do not have an in-game, however when they make a roleplay board, no one really posts. Perhaps the members are not inspired enough, I don't know really; it is my view so I may not be correct. However, good luck on your forum and such.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 04:20:08 am »

. I just enjoy the idea of creating unique characters and personalities and going through things through said character's point of view. It's fun and interesting to be someone/something else for a change. c:
Is there anything on a forum that makes the creation of characters and their personalities more fun and enjoyable? Things like functions or boards empathizing on this.

I role play mainly on the forums, I can't find the time to do it in game anymore.
This means that you yourself mostly do it on your phone or is the computer still something you sit at?

however when they make a roleplay board, no one really posts. Perhaps the members are not inspired enough, I don't know really; it is my view so I may not be correct. However, good luck on your forum and such.
Could be the case, but I do believe it could have a lot to do with the groups of people being there, many forums are usually adapted for what kind of people that goes to it, and if there's not a wider audience or group that enjoy forum roleplaying to such an extent to actually go there and post, one person alone will have a hard time making a change.

A good majority of people do roleplay on and off FeralHeart from what it seems, so many of the roleplay threads get around, and the game and this forum seem to bring them together, and keep new users coming. Question in my case is how to get around without a game in the first place, and get something to start up without pushing people into something they don't necessarily do not have much interest for.

Thanks for the replies.

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 05:18:00 am »
Ah yes! This is an interesting board to come by. Myself, I find myself stumbling around the forum roleplay every now and again. I might not go looking for one there all the time, but I'll occasionally join one if there is one I am particularly interested in. Mostly I roleplay in-game, however. But I do find a few reasons for me to come here and burrow into Forum Roleplaying.

You see, I think that forum roleplaying is actually somewhat easier than in-game role plays in some ways. This is especially helpful to floofs who want to make something like a Wizard Roleplay, Mythical Creature Roleplay, Ranch Roleplay, etc etc. These all would require a healthy, functional website, and a complex map to be an active and functional group. However, giving them forum space is like giving them an open canvas. They can elaborately describe the roleplay they want, and the landscape you are in. Providing pictures and ideas. Sometimes this is much easier then making a big map and website. Additionally, people do not ever have to wait for someone to be on to post. They can simply post a good roleplay paragraph(or something in those lines), leave, and come back later to see what the person responded.

Over all, I think Forum Roleplaying boards add a nice addition to the Forums as a place to go when you have a great roleplay idea, but don't want to go through the trouble of setting up a website and map. I see many floofs hanging around there. Even if I myself am not around there too often, I find it nice to be able to jump into a roleplay like those ones. Plus, all the roleplays I see in those boards are simply imaginative.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 12:25:23 pm »

I love roleplaying on the forums, actually. I have an account on Warrior Cats RPG - just another example of how fun it could be. It would be a nice touch on the site.

? Rukia ?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 12:27:11 pm by Rii »