Author Topic: Roleplay Fights are FAIL  (Read 29093 times)

weylin

Roleplay Fights are FAIL
« on: March 27, 2011, 12:35:56 pm »
I'm sorry, but every time I get dragged into one of these stupid things, it ends up being a clash of overpowered characters, godmoding, ignored attacks, auto-hits, arguments, drama, OORP anger, and it goes on until someone throws their hands up and says "Fine, I die, whatever, I'm tired and need to go to bed"

We need to work out a combat system, or adapt one already in use.

I am so sick of people with their characters as durable as steel plated armored assault machines. What in the hell?
Oh, never mind your intestines that should be dragging all around in the god damned dirt after being clawed 50 times, you bit me on the throat once, I'm instantly dead as far as you're concerned!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 12:42:41 pm by weylin »

Offline BlueLegend

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Roleplay Fights are FAIL
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 12:49:02 pm »
I haven't been around for Feral Heart long enough to experience a godmod fight, though it seems pretty annoying because I have played Wolfquest and experienced these. I remember one player where I tried to bite him and he said "dodge" every time. Do I really have to put "no miss" at every end of the line? It makes me feel like a Godmodder.

When I fight it usually goes something like this:

Me: Snarls
Other guy: Pins to ground
Me:bites his throat
Other: Yelps in pain and bites my ear
Me: roars in pain
Other: claws my belly
Me: I surrender!

Or, I win, but not by using dodge and instantly kill powers.
bruh

weylin

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 01:23:00 pm »
All I can say is role play fighting is something that should be avoided at all costs.
I've been remind once again why I should just ignore everything and not get dragged into it.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 05:40:41 pm »
I understand how these fights aren't very fun, but if the person fighting you agasint your will, I strongly suggest blocking them.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 05:48:40 pm »
I don't roleplay much ingame because the layout of it is just something I'm not used to. I tried once, but I left, because it was just odd. =o But I can see what you mean. Without the actions of fighting of some sort, you have to fight with text.
Honestly, if someone chooses to godmod, etc, I suggest not roleplaying with them anymore. Find someone else who is fair.

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 05:49:33 pm »
I am one of the few, I've noticed, who appreciates a good fight. My character Omaha just loves to pick fights with anyone who approaches him- with a warning first, of course. I try to be rather detailed and always make sure neither my opponent or me god mods or autohits. I make sure he is not invisible- he knows when to give up, too. Sad to see few few know how to rp fight anymore.

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 05:52:55 pm »
These RP fights are getting on my nerves as well. I mean, seriously? I've gone against people who make their characters freaking invincible. I can't stand it, and I see it happen most in lion, wolf and cat RPs (To be more specific, any canine/feline RP I've seen it in.). Any dragon RP, horse RP, or any other RP that's not canine or feline based, I rarely see godmodders. That's kinda why I restrain from all prides/packs/clans. >w>
But hey, that's me. It happens in all RPs, I just haven't seen it in any off-topic RP. It's annoying as hell seeing it though.

Azure

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 06:00:40 pm »
Godmodders are just getting more and more common.
Today i did it myself. With a mistake. I managed to forget about having my posts long, and for somewhat reason when i post short things while fighting i start the god-modding :U

But i just have to love fair fights.

And after all i think all roleplayers started with god-modding in their first rp fights. And winning is also a part of human nature.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 06:02:19 pm by Azure »

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 09:52:17 pm »
well i had my share of god-modders, on WQ and FH alike. and im sure they will appear on arokai as well.
its human nature as others put in to want to win.
Mostly it starts with "ignoring others actions", then auto-hit... then comes godmodding.
I always make sure to properly react to others actions, but in return i await the other does the same.
Everyone gets tired, everyone obtains wounds during a fight... and is weak after.
But many ignore it. I see many ppl (who wants their char tough) waltz into other packs or prides territory, ignores all the threats, ignores the attacks and walks off... just so.. because he can. Or when someone picks a fight with a WHOLE pack or pride and fights only one of them, ignoring the others attacks.
But its something we have to deal with...nothing can be done.
a duel system wont solve this... the ppl can just ignore the requests...
but a constant pvp system would maybe solve this part, but i can already see lone players being attacked by packs or prides... just because its fun...
Working out a RP combat system is useless... ppl wont use it. and banning ppl for godmodding and not fighting properly is absurd.
so what you can do after the other turns out to godmod, you can
-ignore his godmod attack and announce it
-tell him he is godmodding and when he doesnt stop ignore him altogether
-tell him he is godmodding and when he doesnt stop block him.
-tell him he is godmodding (or not... your choice) and godmod back
-dodge all attacks you think are impossible.
-tell him he is godmodding and you dont play with loosers, then walk off.
I prefer the last.
Ty for reading.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 09:58:02 pm »
Personally it annoyes me :B

I don't want to be jumped by a mob just because I'm out for a leisurely stroll. Should I carry a purse so that they can rob me of it? [ew, I'm a girl and I hate purses > >]

I usually just ignore them because it's just fighting the current. I'm never going to win, the other person isn't going to win, and by the time it's over both or all people are mentally exhausted from exasperation :B

So I prefer to lurk, and watch people from a distance. o3o That way they won't bother me.