Author Topic: The Annual Purge [Open and Accepting Applications!]  (Read 12967 times)

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
The Annual Purge [Open and Accepting Applications!]
« on: July 09, 2014, 02:31:54 pm »

"This is not a test.
This is your Emergency Broadcast System announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the U.S. Government.
Weapons of Class 4 and lower have been authorised for use during the Purge. All other weapons are restricted.
Government officials of ranking 10 have been granted immunity from the Purge and shall not be harmed.
Commencing at the siren, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours.
Police, fire and hospital aid will be unavailable until the next morning, 7AM, when the Purge concludes.

Blessed be our new founding Fathers and America. A nation reborn."

Every Year. June 7th. 7AM-7PM. 12 Hours.

Will you Survive the Purge?

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:02:10 pm by Sherlolly »
;;I'm so sorry for my recent unexplained absence. It hasn't been a good year for me so far, but I'd like to say that I'm back for good now;;

If you need any help around the forums, feel free to PM me :3

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
Re: The Annual Purge [BASIC INFORMATION]
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 03:05:48 pm »

In 2022, crime and unemployment rates in the United States have reached unprecedented lows. The country is now governed by the New Founding Fathers of America who have enacted The Purge, a twelve-hour period held from 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM annually in which all crime (including murder, theft, and rape) is completely legal. The only rules during the Purge are: that government officials of "ranking 10 or higher" must remain unharmed and the usage of weaponry above "Class 4" are forbidden. Also, police and emergency services are suspended during this time period. Anyone who doesn't follow the rules of The Purge will be executed. Though presented as a release of negative emotions and repressed urges, the Purge really serves as a form of population control as the poor and the homeless are victims during this period.

Many only support the Purge out of fear, but some believe in the good it does. Those who decide to make the most of the Purge are named 'Purgers', some of which belong to groups that are highly feared and respected. Those who support the Purge must equip their house with the 'Purge sign', or else they will be seen as acts of rebellion against the government and executed.

Many companies are in competition to sell the best security systems for the wealthier people wanting to protect themselves from the Purgers. Death rates are high, recorded on national television and watched by the world. It is a well-known unspoken fact that there is no point in helping others during the Purge, so those not in poverty tend to stay indoors at all times.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:02:53 pm by Sherlolly »
;;I'm so sorry for my recent unexplained absence. It hasn't been a good year for me so far, but I'd like to say that I'm back for good now;;

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
Re: The Annual Purge [RULES
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 04:15:25 pm »
Rules

1) No Godmodding, Powerplaying or anything that breaches the FeralHeart rules. If you suspect that anyone is doing so, pm me and I will try to sort it out.
2) Your character cannot be perfect. It is fine if most people view them to be perfect, but at there must be at least three flaws included in your application.
3) Make as many characters as you wish, as long as you can handle them.
4) This is a literate roleplay, so no one-liners. Every post must be at least a paragraph (five to six sentences) long. Minor spelling or grammar mistakes are fine, just make sure all posts are understandable.
5) Cussing and gore are allowed, just not in every single sentence. Sexual stuff I'm afraid is not allowed, please either fade to black or take it to pm.
6) Keep faceclaims as real people with real names. You will not be accepted if you can't provide a face claim for your character(s).
7) Please... No sudden plot-twisters. If you would like to do anything drastic, ask for everyone's permission first. It is not nice to be suddenly bombarded with an earthquake or something xD
8) The Purge rules are NOT allowed to be broken. If your character does break any of the rules, like use a nuclear weapon to kill the President, they WILL be killed.
9) Romance is allowed. Don't not make ALL of your posts revolved around your character's relationship, though. But, if there are any fights in-character, keep it in-character. If you have a problem with another user, pm me.
10) Have fun!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:03:33 pm by Sherlolly »

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
Re: The Annual Purge [FORM AND PLOT]
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 05:00:44 pm »
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:45:11 pm by Sherlolly »

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
Re: The Annual Purge [WIP NO POSTING PLEASE]
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 05:01:23 pm »

Xander Drake| 28 years old | Male

Alaska May | 25 years old | Female

Ashley Lee Storm | 23 years old | Female

Avery Joy Harrison | 14 years old | Female
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 06:41:14 am by Sherlolly »

Offline Jane-Doe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
Re: The Annual Purge [Open and Accepting Applications!]
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 06:25:07 pm »

Xander Drake

Full Name: Xander Elijah Drake

Alias(es): Reaper X

Occupation: Shooting Range Instructor's Assistant [Just demonstrates, doesnt do much talking.]

Wealth: Struggling

Personality: Xander is a timid, sheepish, and meek type on the outside. Normally stuttering with his words, and growing easily uncomfortable around people. However, if you dig a little deeper you find a dangerous man with psychosis. A pill popper, to regulate the voices in his head and things that aren't really there, Xander is normally dull and drab when the medicine's effects are working. When he's not, he's very unstable and unreliable.

Habits: Smoking, pill popping. Without his pills, he hears voices, sees figures, and imagines things.

Appearance: Xander stands at a solid six one, his body lithe, and arms muscled. He has a mess of dark waves, which is normally gelled into perfectection. His skin is fairly tan from being outside too often, and he has bright green eyes. Dark rings normally are present under his bright eyes, due to insomnia.

Weapon(s) of Choice: A large hunting knife, a AK47, and a dual hand guns.

Supporter of the Purge?: Yes; On this day, Xander forgets his pills and wanders the streets as a respected Purger. Will normally kill anything that crosses his path, real or not.

Do you want to be a Purger?: Yes, Xander purges every year. Sometimes with a group, sometimes alone- either way, he somehow survives the night every year.

Level of Security: About 3. Doesnt stay home during the purge, anyways.

Extra: His mask is black, with purple x's crossing over both eyes, and a large, cheshire-cat like painted on grin- the teeth on the mask are made out of metal scraps. Red rosy cheeks, as well.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:26:04 pm by Jane Doe »
"The mouth speaks what the heart is full of."

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 06:38:28 pm »
@Jane Doe: You are accepted! Thank you for joining. You have such an interesting character!

Offline Jane-Doe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 06:47:51 pm »
@Sherlolly, Thank you so much.
I look forward to this annual purge, haha.
"The mouth speaks what the heart is full of."

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 08:20:06 pm »
I wonder if I may join? :3
Idk, if I am too alright for this Rp. Also, a quick question, is the Purge really exist irl? :3
Just curious, 'cause I am not from America. Haha. :P
Also, I am possesed to look at you're siggy, Sherlloly. O_O His amazing! xD
Lol, he reminds me of Luke Skywalker (From the Star Wars Movie) xD Lol, -Star Wars Fan Girling- xD Lol.))

Full Name
Ashley Lee Storm

Alias(es)
Ash, Lee.

Occupation
Victoria Justice

Wealth
Rich

Personality
Ash, can be quite nice. When Meeting people, she is the one to meet them first. Friendly and full of spirit, she is the one to make others cheer up in there own hardess times.
Even from her childhood, she was cheerful and happy. She had everything, until her mother passed away.
She was suppossed to have a little brother, but ofortunetlly, while giving child birth, her mother passed away of blood loss, after a few days later, her little brother died of bad blood.
After that, she tried to make it up to her mother. Before the child birth was to be so, her mother asked Ash, to promise her that she will always be cheerful and nice. Ashley, accepted and kep that promise. But, sometimes, even the cheerfulness can be hurtful, especially, while rememberingher past.

Habits
Always, the one to be nice with people.
She usually can be found in mall.
When she feels bad, she shops, when she feels lonely, she'll think of something.
And when she's bored, she tries to find people to be friends with.

Appearance
Ashley, has a medium/long brown natural hair color. Her skin is pale.
Her beautiful blue(ish) green eyes, can charm any men's heart, even if she doesn't want it.

History
Living as a child, she was quite cheerful, but rarely. She was mostly unhappy, or the one with the sad face.
After 5 years passed, her mother was suppossed to give birth to her little brother. But ofortunetlly, her mother passed away while giving birth.
Before, all the giving birth, started, her mother asked Ashley, that if something happens, she will be happy, cheerful and nice.
Ashley, accepted the offer and kept that secret, till this day.
Growing up, was hard for her, withought the mother to be there when she needed her mostly.
But, her father was there for her when she neded someone close to her.
Ashley, had a couple of boyfriends, but broke up with them, as all they cared was money and all. She dreamed about a man, that she'll marry, who cares about her and himself, not just the money.

Weapon(s) of Choice
A kitchen knife and a riffle.

Supporter of the Purge?
No. She despise the Purge and wishes that it never was true.

Do you want to be a Purger?
No. She might change her mind, if it is needed.

Level of Security
7. She has security guards and a territory highly protected.

Extra
None

(Man, it was hard to find the right picture. xD )

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 08:32:51 pm »