Author Topic: Lizzy's Guide to Realistic Demons  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Lizzy's Guide to Realistic Demons
« on: August 28, 2014, 10:52:32 pm »
'Allo again, floofs! I've decided to make another tutorial... one on a topic even more desperate than Warrior Cats... Demons. Here's what I mostly see when it comes to demons:

Demons are one of the most popular characters you'll see around Feral Heart. I myself have a demon character. Unfortunately, most demons are the typical, pitch-black with red eyes kind of things (as shown above)... *takes out a flamethrower* and a lot of people like to go around killing things randomly... *fuels the ignition* and have god-powers since they are a demon... *torches le noob demons* Nope. Here's what's wrong with those:

1. They look more like Shades (it's like an evil shadowy entity)
2. Most demons don't attack unless they have a reason... weather it be reasonable or not.

Anyway, for all of you who want to make a good demon character, this is the place to be. I'm going to cover appearance and behavior, as well as powers in this guide. |WARNING: There will be satirical humor|

-Appearance-
Now, the first thing that you'll notice about a character is their appearance. For those of you who think demons have pitch black fur, soaked with blood and red eyes, go sit in the time-out corner and come back to read this guide when your ready to apologize for what you have done. Anyway, it's pretty much the same categories as my Warrior Cats guide: pelt, markings and eyes.

Pelt: The basic starting point for any animal creation. You can use almost any color you want for this part... yes, even black. I wouldn't recommend using yellow or orange for the main pelt, but it's your choice. In my opinion, all shades of red (except neon), dark greens/blues, purples, white, all shades of grey and sometimes black make the best colors for demons.

Markings: This is where things get interesting. Now, any markings are acceptable for your character, so feel free to play around until you get an appearance you like. You COULD use the scar markings, but I personally think it's a bit stereotypical, and besides, this guide was meant to show you more creative ways of making demons, but it's your choice. As for the color of the markings, it should go with your main pelt in some way, whether it be blending or contrasting. IMPORTANT: If you chose a black pelt, I would not recommend using red... for the same reasons not to use the scar markings. White, light grey and green all look awesome on black.

Eyes: *stares into soul* IF YOU THINK YOU CAN GIVE A CHARACTER RED EYES AND MAKE IT A DEMON, YOUR GETTING A SWIFT WHACKING, MY FRIEND. Now, any type of eye will work, but I think the most demonic looking are any of the glow slits, all of the orbs, fire, oval and cross (if your looking for a freaky appearance). I recommend pale colors for eyes, but depending on your pelt color, white, grey or even pitch black eyes look pretty cool.

-Behavior and Powers-
I was originally planning to do 2 separate categories for these, but I decided to combine them, since I'm lazy.

Behavior: Now, let's get strait to the point here. DEMONS DO NOT GO AROUND, KILLING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT AND STEALING SOULS, AND PLAN TO DESTROY ALL LIFE. NOR ARE THEY INVINCIBLE. Glad that's out of the way.;) Anyway, most demons just go on with their lives, just like any other animal, mortal or not. |IMPORTANT: Not all demons are evil, some are actually neutral unless provoked in some way.| If your demon is going to be an evil character, don't make them destroy all life. I mean, come on. Let's be mature here. Most "evil" demons are irritable and arrogant, and are willing to take lives if annoyed or provoked. As for the good guys, they are similar to the evil demons, except they have mortal-like behavior when neutral, and would rather defeat their enemies than kill them (although they will kill if necessary). Personality, habitat, and everything else is up to you.

Powers: Powers are optional, but mostly everyone tends to use them. Pretty much any power will work, but be creative! Not all demons have fire powers. Now, the only limitation is to NOT BE OVERPOWERING. So, if your character has an unbreakable forcefield, insta-kill powers or are able to heal lethal wounds instantly, YOUR BETTER OFF ROLEPLAYING A MAGICAL EGG SHELL. And for fire/lightning/ice/etc. powers, don't abuse them either. So that means no instantaneous burning to ashes or completely frozen for eternity crap. I actually like lesser powers better. Otsana's powers include flight, short-term invisibility (no more than 10 seconds) and healing (but only minor wounds, and it is very strenuous and exhausting for her).

Well, that's all for today! I hope you all found this useful. I might make more guides in the future if I keep getting ideas and such (if you have any topic ideas, let me know below, I literally have no inspiration right now. :D) Anyway, enjoy your newly made demon and see you around.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 09:46:57 pm by Dr.Twisted »

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Lizzy's Guide to Realistic Demons
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 11:03:05 pm »
MI CHARACTR!!111 RELIZTIK!!!11

...right?

Great guide, Lizard. C: Hopefully the red and pitch black demons will take a look at this and learn a few things. I even learned a few new things ^^

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 11:19:55 pm »

OMG DEV -dying silently-

-clears throat- Off topic. Anyway. Amazing tutorial you got here! I'm sure this will help so many demonic floofs who need character assistance. Especially with demons, people don't really know how else to make them but black. I definitely learned a thing or two from this fab tutorial. Keep it uppp <33333

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 12:42:34 am »
Thanks guys! Oh, and how did you get your character creator like that, Dev? Mods... photoshopped text...?

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 12:59:51 am »
Messing around with some coding in the FH folder XD Now general is called "NuNu Chat"