Author Topic: Your opinion on humans in FH?  (Read 6136 times)

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
Your opinion on humans in FH?
« on: November 04, 2014, 02:37:04 pm »
I've been seeing humans around since FeralHeart first came out, but the main thing I can spot is that their number is growing ever so slightly.

There are many types of characters that represent humans, but these are the most common;

Teenagers
Vampires
Cowboys/girls
Assassins
Half robotic characters

I have seen most of them on Bonfire , since it being the land for wierd, and 'special' roleplays.
My opinion on them is quite balanced since there's many other games for human roleplay but it's not aginst the rules to be human in FH. So I'm neutral.

How about you?

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline warroiranimals

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • This sentence is a lie.
    • View Profile
Re: Your opinion on humans in FH?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 02:49:28 pm »
I'm fine with it. If floofs thinks it's unique to make an exotic bird rp, why not a human one? We are technically animals after all.

Though I could do without all the Jeff the Killer clones

Back up account: ~Jay~

"I may not be smart enough to do everything, but I'm dumb enough to try anything!"

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 02:53:11 pm »
I personally think that 'human' role-players are very creative when it comes to making a human based character. After all, it is extremely difficult to do that when FeralHeart is a Feline and Canine based game. Both models aren't anywhere close to a human anatomy. Also with the different use of humans, I find it quite interesting how they manage to make them, even with presets in some cases.

I see no problem with the whole human character based role-plays and sona's out there, I find them pretty interesting and creative in a sense.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 03:36:08 pm »
Well, I have nothing against humans, though I prefer to keep away from them. I mean, there are quite a few other human roleplaying games, and Feralheart is focused more on animals, but hey. There's nothing against making humans in this game.

Also, some people get a bit stereotypical with their humans, and every single person is either a pitch black half demon or a teenager... or both.

Of course, it's just my preference. I'm perfectly fine with human roleplays unless they go all Rambo on us critters and try to shoot us with their fire-sticks, or "guns" as you humans call them.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Skan

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Nobody suspects a thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 05:12:46 pm »
I don't have anything against human role players, it's just not my cup of tea, per say. Mostly I'm just confused as to why people wish to play as humans on one of the only animal-based 3D MMORPGs around. You gotta admire their dedication when it comes to character designs though.
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Offline Nevercanth

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Do you have preparedness to tell a lie?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 05:47:47 pm »
I personally like Bonfiran human rps quite a bit, since you can test out OCs or other characters that aren't animals there. I mean, a shut-in girl who lives in a fantasy kingdon doesn't usually don't have them able to talk with wolves or that sort of thing. Also, it lets players with canon characters from unheard of fandoms--
coughcoughNerukecoughchoke
-- to be able to rp as well, even if it is with random humans. Usually wolves in Bonfire outright ignore posts from nonwolves or whoever and whatever isn't their current mate/pups/pack so yeah.
(.~|-; )

??? ???? ?? ??? ???????? "??????"

??? ?? ???

DreamerDay

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 07:23:05 pm »
Humans in feral-heart? Hm...I don't think that would be great idea...well, it would be nice but...it wouldn't necessarily fit correctly. It just not made for the game - maybe Wolfquest, yes, but not FH.

But if you think it this way, maybe it would be good to use in special occasions?

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 07:43:56 pm »
That's what the topic is about, players are creating canine characters that apparantly are 'humans'.

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

DreamerDay

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 07:58:02 pm »
That's what the topic is about, players are creating canine characters that apparantly are 'humans'.

I guess so.

S. Italy/Romano

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 08:47:30 pm »
Personally I think it's great. There's dragons, birds, etc... so why not humans? I haven't made a human character per say, but I have 4 out of 5 characters based off human/humanoid characters. Only one of them actually has a preset that shows human clothes on, but I think it's perfectly fine to have such roleplays.

Besides, we splash a bit of human qualities in every roleplay (except the most realistic ones), for example: animals talking, thinking in languages/like us, wearing clothing articles like glasses, scarves or necklaces etc..., having humanized feelings like desire for revenge and names.

In short, I support and enjoy seeing human roleplays both in Bonfire and out.