Author Topic: Your opinion on FNAF OCs?  (Read 12337 times)

Offline Ohathosam

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Refreshing the page until the forum works
    • View Profile
Re: Your opinion on FNAF OCs?
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 05:34:27 am »
I don't mind seeing them. But the colors do get a bit... off on a few of them. Aye, half of them be marshmellows for me so I can't complain. I would rather see the original characters rather than some made up on but not everyone wants to role play as an already fully developed character. I'd rather make my own as well.
Ohathosam
Never let life kill your spark

Offline Lavi

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • B I R D Q U E E N
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2014, 07:01:50 am »
I will admit, many OCs I've seen for Five Nights at Freddy's in Feralheart are not exactly the most thought-out characters, but I don't mind them much. I mean- the users all have a similar interest that has opened a door to making new friends, and that's something I don't think we, the part of the community not into it, should think poorly of them for. Let them have their fun because it will do them more good than any bad it causes you.
rip

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 03:07:08 pm »
The Five Nights At Freddy's original characters are no different than my opinion of other fan-based characters from various games. I have no mind to the characters and I, myself, don't even mind interacting with them if I'm approached. Spyro the Dragon, My Little Pony, Black Butler original characters, they're all fan bases just like Five Nights At Freddy's.

Some people like to derive influence from those shows or games to soon create their own characters. Even if they never do, they simply find enjoyment portraying that existing character. Then there are people who play those fan-based characters because they like the environment they exist in. It's many sides to what a person likes in a game or show. Thus, I could never bring myself to say it's not appropriate. It's a game, nothing more or less. There are no real-life symbols that needs to be questioned, no conspiracies, and no threat to young animals.

It's simply another game people enjoy or dislike for their reasons. Create the characters, draw them, avoid them, or debate why they do what they do. All and all, Five Nights At Freddy's original characters are just another added fan base that'll be here, short-term or not.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Dngerboom

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Brow game = Too intense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 07:52:21 am »
I for one am not much of a fan of Five Nights At Freddy's. In my personal opinion I just find the concept to be a bit silly. Humorous even, never really found the game to be 'hop out of my chair' scary. I think it's the fact that I never found the element of a animatronic to be 'scary'.. Just silly. But in the end when its all set and done, let them be who they want to be. Just keep that silly Sesame Street detour[That's what me and my colleagues say] fandom away from me.
Discipline, Loyalty, Courage, Strength, Honor, NEVER SURRENDER!

Signature drawn/created by me
In-game username:Dngerboom

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 10:05:07 am »
I'm not a fan of FNaF O.C's, nor the fandom. Why? Because it's
getting a bit too out of hand and repetitive. I'm going bye what I've seen. There are a lot of people
whom copy one of the characters, for say foxy, and make their own just like him - and only change
the colouring and maybe gender. And what I really hate is when people bring other fandoms into
FNaF and make, like, sonic animatronics.

Now the game. The game, my opinion is different on. I like the idea of having a kid's resturant haunted
by the souls of deceased children that live in the animatronics, perhaps even their bodies remain in
them, it gives it a more creepy atmosphere. And I love that. It's masking macabre with innocence.

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 04:36:36 pm »
Zircon, Scott is okay with what you call 'copying'. It's not that way for the FNAF fanbase, people know that it's owned by Scott Cawthon and Scott doesn't mind.
My own opinion though? I have one myself, I approve of FNAF OCs. Just as long as they don't go out of hand like bright colored, withered animatronics. But I am totally ok with this and I like it, I am a big fan of FNAF. But I don't mean to be rude, but people think that it's all about the scare. I don't love it because of the scare, I love it because the backstory is such a mystery. I'm surprised most people don't notice this and think it's all about the scare, people try to fix the backstory. Because we FNAF fans find it as a puzzle, I have no problem with the FNAF OCs or FNAF. I just don't approve of people who think that way about what FNAF is about.
vanitas · he/they/it/fae

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 07:22:24 pm »
Zircon, Scott is okay with what you call 'copying'. It's not that way for the FNAF fanbase, people know that it's owned by Scott Cawthon and Scott doesn't mind.
Oh, no. I understand that but I was stating that I don't really like that because
it's not really thought out. I didn't mean like RPing as the real in-game character - I ment people creating OCs that
look too much like them, or even a genderbent version.

Master_callos

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 09:40:58 pm »
Since I came back to FH i've seen numerous FNAF characters and I have no problem with it, they're not doing anything wrong so let them be.

Although I will admit I despise the FNAF games with a passion and how the creator seems to be milking hard from the cult following it has.

Offline Luna.

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Fabulous B00ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 10:11:21 pm »
I personally don't care for the FNAF thing. Why? Because I'm not interested. But it doesn't bother me at all when users go around with the FNAF OC's, because I find it really cute in a way. Why? Because it's a group of players interacting with each other and having a pretty good time with the OC story/characters and personalities. Overall It's more of a positive thing for me than a negative. 

Find me in game as Rava!
Username: luna.
Gift Art Created By: ~Shallow~
DA: Ravalava
Usually flopping about around Flourite Plains and Bonfire.

Offline Wolfypuppy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 12:03:23 pm »
Edit: IMO,I don't like FNAF. After 4 games,it's boring and repetitive. The story isn't original either,it never was. I changed my mind about that.
I don't really mind OCs,since I mostly see them in Ficho Tunnel and FNAF-themed maps and I don't really stay on there much. As long as they don't have any inappropriate behavior it's fine for me. They're just doing a thing they enjoy doing,nothing wrong with it. And yes,the fandom is not good either. I continue to keep that away from me since I never interacted with it anyway.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 03:02:43 pm by Wolfypuppy »
I've quit FeralHeart,and I'll probably not come back. Sorry.