Author Topic: Twisty's Guide to Animatronics  (Read 6108 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Twisty's Guide to Animatronics
« on: February 03, 2015, 11:34:04 pm »
HEY-HEY! Guess who's back with more tutorials?
Anyway, FNAFOCs are probably one of the most common roleplays nowadays. And, well, no one's really made a tutorial on them yet, so hey, why not?

Like all of my tutorials so far, this will be a tad satirical (not as much as my other guides), but it's all for the humor of the guide and not meant to offend anyone.

I'll be covering design, names and behavior, since there really isn't much else that can really be controversial.

Design
AHAHA! Where to begin... well, I'm actually asking. There isn't really much to go over here, since animatronics can vary from neon purple rabbits to somewhat realistic pirate foxes. So, with that said, this is pretty much the ambience of the character.
Expression:
FNAF has often been dubbed as the scariest game in years. Without a doubt, those things are freaken scary. However, they were actually meant to be cute at first... well, at least by children standards. Is it me, or does everything meant for little kids seem terrifying to adults? Anyway, so your robotic friend shouldn't be some bloody, red-eyed beast; but rather a smiling ducky with a busted jaw and a broken wing that just looks creepy from age. Not really much else to say, but remember that most animatronics were meant to be cute, but age and withering/tearing can seriously turn a smile and a hug into a demonic grapple.
Species:
Once again, not much to say here, except that animatronics are mostly for children. For example, the original FNAF game consisted of a bunny, a duck and a bear, with the fox being a possible "antagonist" for the floor-show. All these animals are well known to and favored by children. So chances are, instead of that nightmare pony with devil wings and saberteeth, real animatronics would be more like smiling rainbow dogs or bandit cats.

Names
Once again, animatronics are for children. So, chances are, their names will be stereotypical and easy to say and remember. I mean, when have you gone to Chuck E. Cheeses, and said, "I used to love this place when I was a kid, but the old animatronics were much better... Otsonus the Great Leaf-Nosed Bat guardian was my favorite." Even in the games... they're all "childish" names. "Well, what about Mangle, she had a scary name, huehue." Well, Mangle isn't the official name from the Pizzeria, but rather a nickname by the employees. So, yeah. I'd also suggest names that reflect the species or job of the animatronic. Ex: Snowy the Husky, Batty the Bat, Chewy the Chipmunk, etc.

Behavior
Again, not much to say here. What I really wanted to go over though, is the attacks. Even if it might seem this way, when you are attacked in the games, you aren't being brutally murdered, with your throat torn out and your eyes gouged. More like, you are being forcefully stuffed in a highly mechanized suit, full of sharp edges and dangerous machinery. So I guess it's more like an accidental killing. However, if you have a Marionette-like "hallucination" character, intended murder would be more realistic. Also, just another quick note, animatronics are actually described as being very kind and almost protective of children, and are only hostile towards adults. So a child-killing psycho teddy bear wouldn't be as realistic.

Well, that's all for my little guide. Remember, this was just my opinion on the characters, so if you disagree with my idea, that's cool too. In addition, I'm not a complete expert on the series, and a small fraction of this was just based on my perspective and reasoning.
All in all, I hope this helped you all in some way with your characters. :3

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
Re: Twisty's Guide to Animatronics
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 11:42:28 pm »
Love it Twisted! <3 I see many people who don't have a lot of experience in FNAF using this tutorial sooner. To be honest, I am a large FNAF fan and didn't think much of this. Great job!
vanitas ยท he/they/it/fae

Offline OchreKangaroo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Twisty's Guide to Animatronics
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 11:44:49 pm »
-applauds- Great tutorial. Very helpful and detailed. I admire it Twisted. Keep up the fantastic work and I'd love to see more of your fabulous tutorials! Stay fabulous!

Rawr.

Siggy by fabulous Buffy! Thank you <3 <3

In-game username: OchreKangaroo.
You will see me in Bonfire.

Need any help, PM me <3