Author Topic: IC vs. OOC  (Read 3650 times)

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
Re: IC vs. OOC
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 10:56:15 pm »
(Not sure if i read your post right, but i'll just reply with what I thought you meant)
I role-play sort of as a third person in view of my character. For example: "She walked down to the river and muttered to herself 'its damn hot out' as she lowered herself into the water." haha that was horrible but you guys get the point.
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 11:15:21 pm »
(Not sure if i read your post right, but i'll just reply with what I thought you meant)
I role-play sort of as a third person in view of my character. For example: "She walked down to the river and muttered to herself 'its damn hot out' as she lowered herself into the water." haha that was horrible but you guys get the point.

I think what thedumbmutt meant was, do you prefer to roleplay (IC) or just be yourself (OOC) when you're in the game? ^.^ From what you've said above, the third-character roleplay, would classify as IC (in character.) And by the way, your roleplay example wasn't horrible at all. :)

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline shayy

• Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 12:54:15 am »

I think what thedumbmutt meant was, do you prefer to roleplay (IC) or just be yourself (OOC) when you're in the game? ^.^ From what you've said above, the third-character roleplay, would classify as IC (in character.) And by the way, your roleplay example wasn't horrible at all. :)

<3333344556789 thank you so much :D
Haha, I knew I read that wrong!
So yea,  I guess I would be an IC then!
pm for free art i need practice

Master_callos

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 12:30:36 am »
I'm always OOC because I never roleplay. I think I roleplayed once about 2 years ago, maybe i'll try again sometime but meh. I use FH as a big chat room really, just chill and talk to people.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 12:41:54 am »
For me, it's always a good variety of both.
Half the time, I sit there in Bonfire for a while, quietly stalking roleplays around me and chipping in OOC occasionally, and the other half I'm RPing IC.

I'm often hanging around some friends OOC, too, so 'ye, It's a good mixture of both IC and OOC-ness.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 02:10:29 am »

<3333344556789 thank you so much :D
Haha, I knew I read that wrong!
So yea,  I guess I would be an IC then!

Haha, no problem. I spent a good portion of my time IC, too. ^.^

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline anahel

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • the matrix has you
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2015, 10:54:50 pm »
I tend to stay OOC unless a) I'm in a group, roleplaying or b) I've decided I'm going to roleplay with everyone I run into.

Whenever I'm OOC, even if I haven't been roleplaying, I use "))", though, so it's pretty easy to tell.

returning 2011 player on a new account. just trying to remember how it all works c:
avi from here

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 01:54:29 am »
I'll match the style of whoever I'm talking to if they are OOC and are seeking a simply conversation I'll oblige if they come to me seeking a role play then I'll flop (like a squid in a glass bowl) over into IC behavior. Since normal OOC Jay is a lord master of apathy and a few of her characters are pretty good at apathy as well the switch over is not always clear but it happens.

Offline StarrieNova

• Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 08:47:25 pm »
I am a tad bit of both, but I mostly prefer to stay OOC. Chatting seems to do better for me, and keeps me happier than role-playing ever does.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble