Author Topic: Your opinion on calling people 'noobs'?  (Read 5862 times)

Offline FizzyPaws

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm too obsessed with Telephone.
    • View Profile
Re: Your opinion on calling people 'noobs'?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2015, 04:49:45 pm »
To me, the word noob, and the word newb are two completely different things. It is certainly not a nice thing to call someone a noob because they are not grammatically correct 24/7. Several of my friends (outside the game) have a hard time following the rules of grammar exactly perfectly! Of course, there are children playing this game, and my sister and I are some of them. My sister, when she comes over to my house, is constantly asking me how to spell things, and do I call her a noob for it? No. Having a sparklesona is not a bad thing either. My fursona, Fizzy, has rainbow arms for Gog's sake! Anyway, coming from a fandom where creativity is encouraged, I enjoy sparkles. If anything they are the opposite of noobs! They are more creative than those making realistic characters. Not that realism is bad, it's just not as creative. There are pros and cons of both.

The word noob means something bad to me, as playing Roblox two years ago, I was called a noob a lot because I didn't know how to play, and I died a lot. It's really a sad thing to see cyber bullying.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
Re: Your opinion on calling people 'noobs'?
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2015, 09:12:17 pm »
In all honesty I dislike seeing others being called noobs. It's inappropriate to call someone that since it does cause harm to another's feelings. Though if used jokingly with friends who would understand your joke it's alright, but I still don't really like seeing people say things like that.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble