Author Topic: Mortui's Log  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Mortui

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Mortui's Log
« on: July 16, 2015, 04:45:20 pm »
(( OOC : To whom that are concerned, I am keeping a log of Mortui's existence in the FH world because, mostly, I feel it will be fun. Secondly, Mortui is a character I am working on developing, and I feel writing his 'log' down as a means of recording activities will assist me in figuring out his personality and traits. This is sort of a 'biography'; just written in a way I've not quite seen yet. Each log entry begins to be written when I log in, as events happen in real-time, and it is posted once I log out. ))

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Date : 7/16/2015

10:41 AM ; Existence secured. Form appears dragon-esque; pale red. Waiting for surroundings to materialize.

10:45 AM ; Consciousness secured; environment appears to be a cave. Proceeding to investigate.

10:49 AM ; Entire province has been explored. It is small, and an odd, invisible border seems to be preventing me from continuing forward. I suppose that the portals littered throughout the area must be the only escape route. The one at the very top of the cave attracted my attention first. Entering.

10:53 AM ; Have spent several minutes simply observing the wildlife. Most are brightly colored and winged, though an odd power prevents winged creatures such as my own being from taking flight. Gravity works odd wonders in this place.

10:55 AM ; What I thought to be clouds are apparently stones, held fast in their place in the sky. Gravity is stranger than I thought. After watching the creatures, one by one, leap up the stones that seem to spiral into nothingness, I have decided to follow.

11:01 AM ; My first attempt to climb has failed. A single miss-step, and I am back on the ground again. Though the fall seemed vast, I appear uninjured. I theorize the freakish gravity here has something to do with this. I attempt again.

11:16 AM ; Apparently all this climbing was for nothing, as I have reached a dead end and have been sitting here for a while, quite confused. I must have taken a wrong turn when the path split. I am jumping to the bottom and restarting.

11:20 AM ; I took a left turn this time, and am following a creature who seems more experienced than I in this climbing business. I hope that while we are climbing, gravity does not claim the rock that disobeys it.

11:24 AM ; At this point in the climb the creature I am following veers off to a stone that drops lower then the path we were following. I blindly trail after him, though the drops we take still make my stomach roil. We continue on the path a bit before my guide of sorts suddenly disappears into thin air. I suppose I must find my own way, then.

11:29 AM ; I am now at a point were the rocks ahead of me turn from round to circular, and their centers are missing. Not much landing space is there, and this makes me think I'll end up falling and having to start over again. I theorize that jumping along their edges will be the safest course of action. I continue.

11:34 AM ; Surprisingly, I make it without incident. Going slowly and cautiously must have ensured this. I am at the top now, were a blue crystal sits next to a portal. I spend a while looking at the gem, and I wonder briefly if it is the reason gravity behaves so strangely. Looking to the portal, I decide to enter.

11:35 AM ; Shortly after entering, I see a flash of more floating islands before my existence there suddenly fades. I try repeatedly, but am unable to re-enter this place. I decide to rest for a while, and perhaps try again later, though I am unsure whether my consciousness will be able to reconnect with the red dragon's body I had called home.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 04:47:06 pm by Mortui »
Aren't we all a little bit lost?

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Mortui's Log
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 05:00:16 pm »
This is an interesting idea, Mortui. I've never seen someone create a log such as this one, and it's quite interesting to read.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
Re: Mortui's Log
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 05:30:41 pm »
A very unique way of logging a character's experiences. I would have to agree with WarriorStrike and say this was definitely an interesting read.

In-game user: Panzramic