Author Topic: Your Opinion On Fluorite?  (Read 3820 times)

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
Your Opinion On Fluorite?
« on: October 04, 2015, 08:11:26 pm »
Okay so, as the title says, this is a topic about your opinion on Fluorite Plains.
Feel free to talk about anything, but my main focus is on the map itself.
I think that Fluorite Plains is unnecessarily HUGE. A few days ago I was online and non of my friends were online so I decided I would just run around trying to find something to do. Now, I have played this game for what, three years now? And I went to places I had never really been before and it really put into perspective how large the map is. For example, the entire "west" coast is basically un-used and have barely any objects.
To be honest, I think the map should be 'cut in half', tho it's not possible at this moment in time.
Obviously, this is only just my opinion and I am open for argument (not much to argue about but go a head) and disagreement, I really just wanna hear your opinions and have an open discussion about it. :)
pm for free art i need practice

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Your Opinion On Fluorite?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 08:52:43 pm »
I tend to take quite liking in Fluorite Plains.
The map has a lot of space. So, not as crowded as, for example.... Bonfire. Our favourite place. c:
It isn't as bright as South Pole, nor as dark as Ficho or Last Cave.

Fluorite is the only map which makes me miss General chat due to the fact of being able to communicate with the whole map.
However, I do not miss the trolling and constant chatter in there.. Hurr.

The map is large, indeed. Perhaps too large, in some ways.
However, it's the perfect map for multiple roleplays to take place in and be able to interact with others and each other.

I have personally explored every inch of this map.
F3 stalking was (is) my thing.
As well as the fact that many of the RP's I was in were spread out over the map.

The N/Z is always going to be my favourite place when I don't want to be around people at SB. c:
RETIRED.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 09:10:11 pm »
giant field filled with lots of grey wolves and brown lions

and a bunch of black and marshmallow cats

it has a bridge where you could debate about whether the sky is green and everyone will hate you

and it also has the best portals in the world

9/10 would go there again

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline TullileIsHere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • plonke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 09:14:06 pm »
Back when I first got this game (on my old account), I discovered Fluorite and only ever went to it because I was really into roleplaying back then, but that was the only reason I ever went there. Now that I never roleplay on FH anymore I don't go to Fluorite unless if my friends are there and want me to go to them, and even when I go I only hang around Stone Bridge.
Now whenever I play FH I'm always in Ficho (though I'll go to Bonfire, South Pole, AI, or the Feral City map on occasion) with my buddies.

Anyways, I rather think Fluorite is a lovely map and think of it as the center of FH.

(and lmao @warkat)

Offline GlaydrChyle

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Spotted Milkshakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 10:06:19 pm »
I agree Shay in some way. Some area's of Fluorite do seem partially abandoned. However this could be a good thing due to the amount of groups and advertisement at the bridge. It wouldn't be fun if the intire map was over crowded and laggy, which is why I think it's okay as it is. :)

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 12:16:41 am »
Fluorite does seem a little too big, but it's nice that all the rp groups can go somewhere and (usually) have a bit of space to rp in. If the map got smaller in a possible future update, the number of people in the map would get more dense and I could see a lot more of the "omg ur in my/my group's terratory!!1" issues

However, I think it's a nice map and I kinda like how you could run to someplace and not have the local chat be constantly spammed like it is in Bonfire (or, that depends on where you decide to go xD)
Farewell everyone<3

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 07:09:54 am »
My opinion on Fluorite Plains?

I honestly like the map. I enjoy the fact that it is such a vast map. Plenty of room for housing all the members Feral Heart has. So not too much lag like in the much smaller Bonfire map. I enjoy going to not very used parts of the map to enjoy the peace and tranquility it has to offer. When members do stop by I do not mind a small chat, but other than that I enjoy the size of the map.

Yes, there is a lot of unused space, and empty parts in the map that could use a few more interesting meshes, but for now that can't be fixed or altered. I also will say a few more dens here and there would not hurt or some more hidden areas int he map. Though for right now it is okay, and I am happy with how the map is already. Though I will admit I wouldn't mind if more members sprawled out in the map so every time I decided to chill by SB I wouldn't lag as much. xD

Other than that not too many flaws with the map in my eyes as much as positives. ^^

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline xmapleleafx

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 02:29:13 pm »
Personally, I am a fan of large maps, it gives you a lot of space if you want peace and also since Flourite is Group-Haven, having the map large gives a wide span  of space for the groups to spread out. But I kinda agree some spots are hardly used and the areas with a lot of rocks and trees are popular roleplay spots. If the whole map was covered with a lot of objects, then I'm sure map claimers and conflict would die down in Flourite.
Insert a fancy signature here.

Offline Yognaught

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 05:01:18 pm »
i personally like flurito plains a lot, it can be used for a whole load of different rps and gives lots of space for groups to be separate without bumping into each other all the time. plus, i still am currently visiting different spots i actually haven't been to before. (seeing that my only rp/hangout spots are around SB and the N) but yeh, i like the largeness of it and it and how many groups flock to it!

Find me in-game as: mushyroom

Offline Scornhound

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • 𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢
    • FiendOfVengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 09:17:36 pm »
I like large maps as it gives a lot of space. I'm not much of a fan of small maps as sometimes I want to be alone and Fluorite seems to give just that amount of space to do so. But my only downfall with how big Fluorite is is that there will always be more users in the map and that makes me crash from time to time. Oh, Almost Forgot! I think there should be more dens considering how large the map is. That's the other downfall. But yeah this is my opinion on Fluorite. ^^;
𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔟𝔶 𝔪𝔢