Author Topic: no pariticle used, no crash?  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Waveclaw

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Greeting, I am Waveclaw, Leader of <<LeafClan>>
    • View Profile
no pariticle used, no crash?
« on: July 31, 2017, 01:54:39 pm »
is it? I don't want my map to cause my game to crash, can by doing this prevent crashing?
The lapping wave sharpens my claws.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: no pariticle used, no crash?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 02:18:33 pm »
You can still use particles and not have your map/game crash. The only thing that makes the game crash after using particles is that sometimes the particles can duplicate in your particles folder when you use default or custom installed particles. This can happen either before or after an export of your map. All you need to do is go into Local Disk (C:) \\ Feral Heart \\ Media \\ Particles and delete any particles ending in _0, _1, _2 so on and so forth if your map/game so happens to crash. It's an easy little fix, you shouldn't need to hesitate using particles in any of your maps. Go wild! (But of course not too wild, I mean, you still have to consider how many particles you use as the map will lag a lot with a particle overdose).

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Waveclaw

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Greeting, I am Waveclaw, Leader of <<LeafClan>>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 11:01:52 pm »
Ok, Thanks a lot!!
The lapping wave sharpens my claws.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 12:42:59 am »
I'll lock up this thread, as it appears you're satisfied with the answer. Please keep in mind, however, that it's appreciated if you edit/modify one of your current threads in the Help Boards instead of creating a new one each time a problem arises.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.