Author Topic: [~Supportive Idea's for Community Issues~]  (Read 34723 times)

slycan

[~Supportive Idea's for Community Issues~]
« on: May 11, 2011, 12:19:31 am »
[May 31]

Everyone give Raksha huggles and kisses now, we got a report section!
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=81.0

[May 11th ]
For the last 3 months, there has been a fair of unacceptable behavior within our community. This has been said before a dozen times as this is the internet and there are and always will be people like this. The 'staff' knows this, the community knows this, and the causers know this.

As of lately alot of members have brought up these facts to attention via either PM or IM:

A- People don't know the rules in-game, the rules should pop up in-game.
* Sure, but it's kinda like giving a child a picture book yet telling them to read the words first. If they don't take the time to understand what they are getting into they have whats coming at them.*

B- There aren't any/enough (active) mods in-game online for hours at a time.
* This can be said, but realize that these people have lives to - and I could only imagine how tough it is to pick new trustworthy & professional ones to support the game. This does indeed cause hours of stacking unsolved drama to rise though.*

C- The famous "Just use the block button"
Now this is one thing I'm guilty of telling people to do alot, and although it WORKS 100% - this doesn't stop blocked person from further violations of rules, especially when it comes from embarrassing/harassing your character further ( even if you can't see them). Read B.

D- I can't play this game anymore, I quit.
*Well that's nice of you to give up on the suppose '-Removed by moderator- community' that you YOURSELF been part of so long. And if you just joined, then just quietly leave because you're not helping us much at all make it better.( or running my mouth around claiming  that another game will be ' teh better erp derp' when it isn't even released yet .) But to be fair, from the way things are going I've thought of going into hiding myself, but instead I wanna try and improve it and make it better instead of -Removed by moderator- about it.. (: *

E - Dimensions
No
1- As Gem said, this will make it even HARDER for in-game mods, there is not enough of them and none of them can be on all the dims at once. This is basically giving trouble makers more power to hide from mods.
2- "They aren't going to be added." ~ Kovu , the maker of the game
3- Kinda forces you to learn how to make a map and be creative like the game is about, durhur.
----
Solutions then?

Here's a list we have gathered so far

~ Chat Limit ( The chat detects spam and automaticaly prevents the spammer from typing for 2 mins.)
~ Rule Quiz ( a test for the in-game rules before signing up, required to pass before making an account.)
~ Report Section ( ~ Done ~)
~ Make Maps ( Roleplaying, Calmer than default maps, and people will love you for your creativity)
~ Rules ( in-game that pop up for every new account/ when you first log in)
~ Not -Removed by moderator-. Be happy. And kick back-- The game is out for our own enjoyment ( *claps* ilu Hakuri )
~ Chat Logs ( an optional feature for members that logs texts from the chat and saves. Easy for reporting or back-tracking people you've met.)
~ Map Maker/Owner Control ( options for the maper maker to Kick, Ban, etc - for there own maps since mods can't be in every single user made map.)
~ Time Shifts(Since staff live across the world so maybe fill them online according to time zone.)
~
~

----

With this said, please feel free to share how you feel about this and perhaps even some more ideas instead of blah-blah-cry wall text rants. No, this thread isn't for your to rant. It's for solutions for this community, for the community that YOU are part of ( and some of you tend to forget your part of it, while your going around calling FH community idiots, trolls, retards , noobs, and what ever else - then what the hell does that make you?)

Thanks for reading ^_^
~Sly
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:42:34 pm by Kikiorylandia »

TealSkeletore

Re: Unethical or Awareness ? - Less Moan - More Help.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 12:33:56 am »

So here is my question; Would it be unethical to have a place were the members of this community can post reports of people violating the rules. This is strictly rhetorical.

Hmmm... I think it would be good as long as no one could view the report apart from the person who posted it, and the moderators. I don't think its unethical unless everyone can see it, that would just be public humiliation.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
Re: Unethical or Awareness ?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 12:35:03 am »
Eh, you guys can rage at me for saying this, but...
This community does need some shaping up a bit in my opinion. I know that this is the internet and you can't stop these people because we can't go around banning every single person who does it, that's just not right and we know that they're gonna keep coming back.
The ingame mods thing... yes, this is gonna be a little tricky. The ingame mods do have lives outside of the internet and they can't be on 24/7. I'm not sure some people understand that.. and finding some trustworthy people could prove to be an issue itself. Yes, the block button is very handy indeed but that only blocks the specific person from you. Not everyone else.
And this is where all the rants about dims come in, guys, dims would make this issue so much harder to deal with. (Offtopic, just though I'd say that.)
./end
Solutions? Hmm.. Maybe something like ingame restrictions? I've seen the Buttswing abused various times, maybe there should be a limit to how often you could use it each login? I know that to surpass this people could always log out then log back in again,  but this is somewhat of a good temporary solution I suppose. ._.

And I agree with Teal, it wouldn't be unethical unless everyone could view it. No one should be able to view reports except the poster and the mods.

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 12:38:55 am »
Is it odd that just this morning, after complaining to my wall about this stuff, I thought about doing something like this as well? Helpful, Sly. I just hope it gets through the thick heads of some of our community members. :/ There's a lot that needs fixing, in my opinion, and working together would solve a lot.

Although we've quite a few members who lack humor and a helpfulness trait. Oh well, work with who and what we have, mhm? :3

Hm, well. What else to say.

Actually I've a LOT to say and ANYONE who knows me well enough knows exactly what I see wrong with this community. I know how to fix a lot of these things, but just because of how strongly I tend to come off with my opinions, people tend to back away, and the only way I can ever get things done is by BEING so harsh. I've got friends in staff as well, and I know my opinions would hurt them.

I just wish they'd realize that I've two sides to me.

Professional side.
Friendship side. :/

I'll consider making a much large post soon, depending on how this thread goes. If I do voice it, be aware that I will come off strongly and I will not hold back how I feel.

Edit: So I decided to put a BIT of information here. Not my full blown out rant.

1. The forum. I don't care how lazy, tired, or whatever excuse you have. It took me a DAY to do EVERY single board on my fan forum over at Impressive Hearts. I manage my life and dealing with at least four to five forums a day, not all administrated by me, but when I'm asked to do a job, I do it right the first time. Theses boards look half-assed and lazy. It would take maybe an hour, MAYBE at that, to fix these properly, give them more proper titles, proper grammar, make it look like a PROFESSIONAL forum. Not some kids fan site. Hell, my FAN forum looks more professional then this. :/ No offense to whoever did it, and I love my friends on the staff, but would it honestly kill to take.. maybe ten minutes each day for seven days, IF that, to fix these boards and give the forum its RIGHTFUL professional appearance that it RIGHTFULLY deserves? Look at the Aro'kai forum. It's a proboards forum. I think it took them.. a week or so to do that. Look at it. It's beautiful. Why does this forum give me a headache to look at. No wonder new members get mixed up in areas and post in the wrong sections. Sure they would anyway, but not as often as I've seen here. =|

2. It's hard not to point fingers, but I have to ask. What's up with two of the administrators on here suddenly having like, 17236128931212 karma and posts? I know they're staff and TO AN EXTENT they deserve the privilege of messing around with their own accounts and what not, however, act professional for the good lord in me. >___>

3. Noooow, I'm not one to be all.. 'hey, do this, do that' but sometimes someone has to be a bossy ass where their nose don't belong to see something done in a community they love. Harsh. Love.
I'm NOT SAYING that any staff should be fired. But; why aren't staff applications ever opened? Why do I only see friends being hired? I'm guilty of it on my own forums, but I also gave others I didn't know well a chance, why? Because there are others out in this forum that have potential to do great for the forum and I feel they're COMPLETELY tossed aside because they're A) Not friends B) The administrators don't like them. Don't say I'm wrong or I'm bashing, hear me out here now. :/ I've observed a lot in the past.. months, now, year maybe, of this game being made and how the hierarchy works here. People are lucky I'm not saying more. Just consider that, you don't even have to answer it.

4. Why are the administrators so seemingly HARD TO CONTACT? I know they've all MSN's, yet they're either appearing offline or refuse to talk to people. NOOOOT quite sure about this, I don't have that strong of an argument for it, but I feel the staff should be within easy reach, not so hard to find. :/

5. Deleted o3o

6. This one is aimed at the actually community itself, partially the staff. Why all the -Removed by moderator- and ranting and -Removed by moderator-? I see a whole lot of stuff going down, but it's nothing but whining and people being too damn stubborn to actually act upon anything, it's super frustrating. 8D! Impressive Title's early community was way better, I mean no offense to you guys, but it's so damn pathetic. :/

What can we do to make the community better? Things like this.
My post isn't bashing or aiming to make anyone look stupid or otherwise. I'm not saying the staff do a bad job. They do their jobs as they are told, I assume, and life goes on. But one must listen to others and attempt to think on an outsiders view. See it from another point of view, what I give is my point of view. My judgement has not let me down before, and I know it isn't letting me down now. What I've said is only a small portion of things that I feel really need to change, and trust me, this isn't me being mean. If I was being mean, I would've said a HELLUVA lot more. In fact I deleted at least half of the things I said before editing this post. (;

The start to a better community is through good staff examples as well. So I guess this is MAINLY aimed at the staff. Show the community how to behave, what to do, and give them a better place to post in for the love of god.

Much peace and love, Kah. <3
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:44:55 pm by Kikiorylandia »
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Offline EssenceOfShadow

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 01:13:18 am »
To be honest, this is like beating a dead dog---
I've seen so many threads like this.
I don't think any of the people who abuse the rules have been on the forums, nor are looking at these.

This is a relatively new game. As it gets older, people will lose interest and their will be less of these, ... weirdo people.. (Whatever you want to call them.)

When Aro'kai comes out, I think most of these people will flee to go play the new game.
Keep in mind there isn't as many games that are animals and 3D and online. <-- = less of a problem.

/was going to say something else, but can't remember./
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 01:15:00 am by Saleana »

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 01:17:14 am »
Edited my post.
& The only beating of a dead horse going on here are the constant wave of people who complain but don't DO anything. They sit on their -Removed by moderator-, this thread is giving answers, solutions, final ideas and helping bringing members together for a better place.

The community won't improve unless the community gets it's lazy ass up and does something for itself.

C':
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 05:29:37 am by Morgra »

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 01:23:17 am »
To put it simply,
I really could care less.

It isn't to the point that further action is needed in my opinion. Once more maps are implemented
into the game and people disperse (or stay in FP and BI to troll to their hearts' content) roleplay will be easier and rude people concentrated in other areas.

'Till then, I vote we simply: Not -Removed by moderator-. Be happy. And kick back-- The game is out for our own enjoyment.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:45:24 pm by Kikiorylandia »

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 01:38:19 am »
As nice of a fantasy thought that is, Haruki, does sitting on ones ass to wait out a war 'settle things down?' No. Sure in the end things have been done and there's a 'winner' or final solution, HOWEVER if you did that, the forums and game could end up.. ick. Don't. Sit. On. Ass. Bad idea. give a -Removed by moderator- if this crashes and burns. But I do care about this community, at least, to an extent anyway. If you all care enough to -Removed by moderator-, care enough to try helping out. It isn't impossible to get new members to work with you. I've - HOLY -Removed by moderator- GUYS - done. It. Before. And remember we were ALL new members, noobs/newbs, at once. So get over yourselves and HELP each other you stubborn - censorship 8D -'s. >____>
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:46:01 pm by Kikiorylandia »

Offline Kenta Uzumaki

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Slytherin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 01:43:13 am »
I do agree. The community has been bad lately.
 I do know that It was better with the Community, but seeing there are now canine meshes into the game, U sure do know other 'RPers' coming from a game with horrible manners, Rping and community are to come seeing they see something they like over here. I mostly think the community is just being more Un-community (Hurr hurr good choice of words, no?) Seeing All there is to do on FH right now are the simple create and Rp. Some/most people I see that come now a days Dont want to RP, but they just sit around and wonder what to do. BOOM! Troll, harasser, Be arrogant, Spam, Movie Spam, etc etc. When I get bored, Yes I do troll a Tiny bit. But not enough to make someone feel complete anger or hatred tords one another, Unlike other people do.

So, Maybe if people had more to do, But in the mean time. Seeing I know FeralHeart just got born and will develop threw out. The Solution I'm not really sure on, Maybe a in-game message that pops up when they log in showing them the In-game rules, if that is needed. As for another mini-solution, maybe lets say u cant press enter every 1- 2 seconds. I seen the spam go as
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
In Gen chat.

and Easy Kah.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 01:58:43 am by Kenta Uzumaki »
Hi, I am Kenta Volkov. My name is Still Kenta Uzumaki on here....Oh well.

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
Re: Unethical or Awareness ? - Less Moan - More Support.
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 01:49:52 am »
 I couldn't understand half of what you said, but I take it you don't speak English. And respectfully do not tell me to take it easy, I'm voicing my thoughts. Do you see me telling you to take it easy? No, so kindly, with respect, back off. <3 I stand by my opinion