Author Topic: General Chat Attacks  (Read 20079 times)

Helix

General Chat Attacks
« on: May 27, 2011, 08:24:25 am »
I love you MOd. I love you MOd. I love you mod. Say hi SAY HI SAY HI! Can I hug YOU? = Not spam
Leaving a slew of random lyrics = not spam

I NEED A MATE! I NEEED ONE! SOMEONE LOVE ME!!!! I"M LONELY = Not spam

Lets have a dance party! Guys! Guys lets start a dance line! Hey! Dance line! = Not spam

Stating "I lost the game" every ten minutes = Not spam

Cause none of those are pointless, meaningless or annoying to other players oooh nooooo :D

Speaking across the map to friends not near you = spam

Announcing you dog just had puppies and you're happy= spam
Debating if something is a powerplay or not with people not near you (something game related and seeking other opinions from players) = Spam

It seems the use of general chat is  in need of a lot of repair. However banning people for the reasons above for it? A little overboard. UNderstandable an hour to cool off maybe but significant months or weeks a a time? How can anyone be asked to PM a mod when 1. the mods don't reply (i've tried) and 2. the ones you are speaking about are the ones meant to help you with the problem they created?

Recently players who voice or question why one thing can or cannot be said are being banned for asking about it, or even just stating "well I don't agree and I think its mean or rude" now that can get you banned. Thats not arguing but if the ruler says it is you can all expect to shortly be smited for it. There is no freedom of speech on FH so don't start to think otherwise or you will be beheaded. Numerous people disagreed with the mod and I noticed some being banned for weeks and the mods friends being banned for only hours. There is favoritism so before you spam please people know you need to butt kiss first :3.  

Now the Mod argued that if you need to talk to friends speak in Whisper. That DOES NOT help if you are adressing more than one person. So local was brought up, if you are rping while speaking that also doesn't help does it? Then group was suggested. Well that group is for the rp isn't it? Usually so. People are constantly logging in and out and if one logs in and starts talking about something random will they be banned for missing the warning? You can probably bet this will be so. Because it happened to three people now.

Lastly the solution to this general random chat with friends might just be fixed if SOMEONE fixed the Party tool? IMO if this happened this wouldn't be such a big problem. But there is far too much power hungry habbits being tossed around amongst the last few days on the FH game and though few will speak up out of fear of permanent banning someone needs too. (apologies for any typos my computer will not show me the letters as I type) Thank you :)

Babe

Re: General Chat Attacks
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 04:05:46 pm »
As long as it is only said once, it isn't spam. However people tend to repeat the above lines over and over within a very short amount of time, which then renders it as spam.

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 302
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 06:58:43 pm »
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 07:04:33 pm by Razmirz »
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 07:05:05 pm »
True words Raz... if Users wont learn: They lo(oooo)se(r) the right to play, like in EVERY other serious leadet game too.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 07:30:52 pm by Tigg »

Shellz

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 08:12:46 pm »
Okay, I find what Raz said a little overboard. Give them three warnings; Two public, one PM. Problem solved. If they don't comply = Kick them for two-three hours, and if they /still/ don't comply, ban them. This is what every magjor game in every magjor industry does, without getting paid.

Babe

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 08:19:22 pm »
I find what Raz and Tigg to be overboard.. Tigg, was the 'looser' thing really needed? It's very unprofessional! :/

This system is corrupt.. members should be given a reason as to why they are banned, and there should be guidelines that all staff follow. Bans should be talked with and reported to other staff so they know. Communication is key! ^^ Just because the staff are getting 'used' or 'taken advantage of' does not mean that the staff should become more.. harsh, with how they deal with things. They should still be considerably relaxed and calm with how they deal with things, and considerate of the situation. =]

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 302
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 08:28:20 pm »
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Babe

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 08:33:15 pm »
Well, for once I wouldn't threaten bans, I would calmly tell them about bans.
If they continue to keep up their behavior, I 1. Screen shot it. 2. Tell them again that if they keep it up I will issue a full ban on them that will last a week. 3. If they keep it up, I make sure I know what the username is, and tell them it is their last change. 4. They keep it up, I ban them for a week (if within my powers) and look for the username on the forum to find their account and promptly email them about what happened and why they were banned with the screen shot proof. ^^

If I see them online again within the week doing the same thing, I repeat the previous actions, but this time it would be two weeks, and again I would email the user with said reasons why, keeping documentation of all conversations plus additional screenshots I may have to back up my case or theirs.

If I get a PM back of them asking for another staff members input, I'd gladly contact another staff member of higher position to help me out in said situation. It really isn't that hard, and it's basic common sense. :]

After I'd say about a month of this, I'd issue a permanent ban with the consultation of the other staff members, making sure they are fully aware and agree with it. ^^

slycan

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 08:33:34 pm »
I'm not sure if alot of the statements being posted have really to do with the point NonProfiter is saying.. They kinda accept they were banned but from what I see it's more about... well read the first post x.x'' - doesn't seem they are trying to appeal for trolling - it's other stuff..

/staying out of it now Dx/

Babe

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 08:35:46 pm »
I do agree, Slycan. The topic does seem to have strayed slightly.. o: