Author Topic: General Chat Attacks  (Read 20196 times)

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
Re: General Chat Attacks
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2011, 02:29:44 am »
Again, I agree with you, mod's word is law.

So Red, do YOU know the rule for general chat? Could you clarify for me please?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2011, 02:53:51 am »
@ ghosting
I can only tell you how I'd see the usage of general chat since there is no "nailed" rule to the board just yet(I thought we wouldn't need one at first actually).

Since FH is a big game, with some big maps, alot of people talk in these chats.

As we all know local goes to the ones closer around you within tag sight. And general.. Well it goes to the whole map.

This means that if someone talks on general, EVERYONE will see it within a map.

Does everyone within the game need to know you powerplayed slapped someone 500times?(took this from the ingame chat just now). No they do not, does everyone need to know how you ingame raped someone earlier? No, they do not. General should be treated gently if you ask me, and not be used like it is some sort of msn group convo.

Now compare these:
Someone hosting a warriors cat roleplay next to ficho tunnel

And someone says that they peed on someone in the game and the writes 3 rows afterwards with faces such as  >_>.

Which one of these are the more important ones? Could you tell someone in local next to you that you peed on them? Could you use local tell people on the other side of the map that you're hosting a roleplay?

We already have rules about not talking innapropiate things, not spamming and no swearing, and also a rule that says that you should listen to mods. And yet, some people don't even think twice and give the mods more work, and then call the out for doing a bad work, such as this thread.

People also say that they see other people spam general, but yeah.. Does this make it ok for you to robb a store just because you saw someone else do it? Ofcourse not.

Alright, so it's unfair since you want to talk to someone on the other side of the map and tell them how much you hate justin beiber. Well what about the whisper function, doesn't that work? What about friending? What about group conversations?

If a mod thinks people shouldn't be abusing the chat, then why not use the other ones?

The mod banning someone and being harsh is one thing since there's always a chance for them to feel they got treated wrong. But the rules, and ingame functions makes it easy to stay away from getting these. And mods really just do what they're meant to be doing. Sorry for all the question marks, but I want people to think for themselves abit.

We could indeed use some sort of rule that helped users from being confused about this. If someone else think that general chat should be used in another way then it's their oppinion. But as someone that helps on this forum as much as I can. And also someone that like to play the game. I really don't understand what the mods did wrong.

I also don't see what kind of things people use to deffend themselves when they say that the mods are wrong and they should be free to do as they like even though everything is there, right infront of their noses.

I also want to quote this that I said earlier.
The only reason why people really turns against this is probably because...

They usually hang in general all clogg it with crap just as some of those that got seen.
They havn't been on enough to see how bad general can get in some situations.
Their friend(s) got into trouble for not listening in the first place and want to deffend them.
Or just because they like to argue for funsies? lol.

So is the problem really that mods were too harsh and going on a rampage? No, it isn't.

We also had 3 administrators inside this thread out of 5. And raz did say earlier he get edvidence that talked for the mod, not against it.

Does people get a thrill out of creating these threads? I'm starting to think so.

To make the entire thread short
-Could use a rule that just points towards that the general chat aren't meant for spamming, and that mods should be listened to(Though there already is?)
-People got banned and aren't happy about it

I will also say again, mods are here to keep the game place clean and calm, just as this forum.

Not much more to say.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 03:13:04 am by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2011, 03:12:04 am »
I understand where you are coming from, Red. I'm not sure if the mod/s did anything wrong either, as I wasn't there and don't have any screen-shots to judged them by. All I know is that some people were banned for .. "chatting"? And might or might not have been given a warning. Without any pictures I'd say that is all up in the air.

However, I'm not really saying anyone is at fault, I just believe that there SHOULD be a dead set rule for general. At least, if people ARE being banned for posting in it incorrectly.

Obviously, I can understand your example perfectly. However, I can also see why people post stupid crap in general. I believe a lot of it is younger players not really used to how global/local chats operate. I also believe it has to do with maturity. If someone is talking to their friend nearby, they should definitely use local, I just don't think some people really realize that they are polluting the chat. Of course here, a mod should step in and warn/ban the person.

However, I think that my real confusion is whether people from around the map, who are bored/doing other things, should be allowed to all have a community chat on general. As Raz stated before he (and I believe you as well?) think it should be more for just advertising? I honestly believe it comes natural for everyone to start chatting together. Especially if there is a chat that everyone can see.

Of course, I believe this is where the problem lies. Should people chatting get in the way of advertisements for RPs, etc? Which is why I believe there should be two global chats, advertising and a global chat.

So in the end, I only have one final question. Is community chatting allowed on general?
If we have a set rule for this, I believe it will solve a lot of these conflicts.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2011, 03:27:46 am »
Indeed ghost.. Now as raz mentioned very early in this thread,  mods used to be more laid back before. But as users seem to take advantage of it, it has gotten alot worse and mods need to be more harsh. I don't see how having 2 general chats would solve the problem of people saying innapropiate things when they get together and have their "troll rolls".

I still throw the light back on my previous post here.

Another thing is, that when I have been around and a mod got on, it wasn't really the chatting in general, since I wouldn't call it a chat even.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 03:30:02 am by Red »

Offline Nala_91

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Your Local FH Furry Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2011, 03:29:31 am »
Is community chat allowed in General Chat?

I would love to hear this too, seeing that I use it mostly in FH to begin with. That way I can talk to people not on my friends list and I can not find them in the map.
FH Texture Artist

Twiliac

« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2011, 03:47:56 am »
Is community chat allowed in General Chat?

I would love to hear this too, seeing that I use it mostly in FH to begin with. That way I can talk to people not on my friends list and I can not find them in the map.

That's what I wanna know. All I see is them beating around the bush. Not giving a direct answer.

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2011, 04:03:32 am »
Exactly. I'm pretty much done talking semantics until they answer that question for me.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2011, 04:14:11 am »
I can't really answer that on my own. But I want to say this.

Would getting a rule that banned chatting from general be nice towards everyone that isn't abusing it just because some people tend to spam and talk innapropiate?

also

Would not having a rule make it ok for everyone to ignore a mod when he/she tells general chat to calm down?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 04:16:49 am by Red »

Twiliac

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2011, 04:29:30 am »
I can't really answer that on my own. But I want to say this.

Would getting a rule that banned chatting from general be nice towards everyone that isn't abusing it just because some people tend to spam and talk innapropiate?

also

Would not having a rule make it ok for everyone to ignore a mod when he/she tells general chat to calm down?

Answer me this.

Would a mod, who is starting a fight, being power hungry and down right immature, okay?

I think not, any how. I'm done with this thread. Were not getting the answer we want, you guys just keep beating around the bush, for whatever reason. :/.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2011, 04:33:18 am »
Yes, a mod would be if they started a fight, but mods doesn't start a fight just because they tell, stop that, don't say that, don't do this etc.

And the answer is something I told I can't tell by myself right now, and no others are here right now. Now what about my question?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 04:37:06 am by Red »