Author Topic: Question about the servers  (Read 15523 times)

Shiro

Re: Question about the servers
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 11:00:57 pm »
Yeah, I'm truthfully super bored XD I have nothing else to put time into other than sleeping, I wish I could give you all some munny :/
How much munny we talkin' about anyway Tigglet?

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 11:07:52 pm »
Yeah, I'm truthfully super bored XD I have nothing else to put time into other than sleeping, I wish I could give you all some munny :/
How much munny we talkin' about anyway Tigglet?

That depends... there are Servers starting at 200 Bucks and there is no Limit up. So its noth the easiest decision what to do. First its more important to see that we can reduce the Bandwith between Game and Server, if we can mannage that, we dont need a new Server. And i hope very very much that we wount need a new one.

Shiro

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 11:10:32 pm »
Oh darn. Well hopefully you'll figure something out I'd love to help think of something if I was more educated on this topic but I had to look up what bandwith was so Lol That should say something in itself.

Offline -Toboe-

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • hii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 11:52:00 pm »
Just get the servers up, and then even if we get to play for like.. 5 seconds, we should be satisfied that we got to look.

Offline Aragami

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Aragami - God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 04:52:52 am »
But does it crash now and then? Because there are other portals to different certain places right? If so I might take a look whenever you guys find a good server, I may take a look at the portals and stuff :D I like portals because they look all colorfullz XD

But good luck anywayz xD
New name from Deathscar23 to Aragami!

Maslien3

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 08:41:44 am »
The Server never crashed. We just ran out of Bandwith.

I hadn't checked here in a day or so, but this clears everything up for me. I thought there was a crashing problem, like the server was not strong enough.. But I understand now :3 Totally different xD

Offline Skull Kid

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 01:57:47 pm »
Ahh, this clears alot up.

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

246ladybug13

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 12:44:22 am »
yah but anyway we can wait.... but still wish yall luck with the bandwith stuff lol hope you get the surver up soon but i understand that they have work i mean almost everyone has work so i dont blam anyone..... and i wish you all luck and  my fingers and toes our crossed

Offline Wildcat26

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
  • "And I'm nothin', nothin' without you..." <3
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 06:10:35 am »
Let me see if I understand something correctly.
The game download and the online game are on the same server, right? So because everyone downloaded the game AND tried to all play at once, the server ran out of bandwidth.
Maybe now since most people have the game, there'll be less strain on the server?
Or do I have that all wrong? ::)
Livestream FH mapmaking!
OFFLINE!
MyMaps- http://tinyurl.com/WildsMaps
Wanna know what Happen to me? CLICK! HideNseek Group->http://tinyurl.com/HnSGroup MapMaking Tutorials-http://tinyurl.com/MapTuts

Safa96

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 10:58:10 pm »
I never got to play the game either. I am going nuts waiting for the game to work again!
I hope they don't let in people little by little. That would be unfair to people who don't have their own computer or just can't log in anytime so when they do get time to play FH, they might not even be allowed in! if that happened to me, whoever's in charge would certainly hear about it.
It might also prevent friends from playing online and doing activities in the game together.
They should just find a good server that will support all of the players, or develop a system with one server per group of players or world and each world or group can only hold so many members. That way if one server crashes, it's only one branch that's down, not the entire game.
It would be the longer solution, but the better one.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:00:20 pm by Safa96 »